Democratic Party Rising.

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Democratic Party Rising.

Postby KeithE » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:23 am

William probably correctly pointed out that the allegations against Judge Roy Moore probably gave the election to Democrat Doug Jones. (I responded in the "Fox buddy Killian and Roy Moore” thread but I thought I largely repeat some of that here for other audiences).

One cannot ignore the rising democratic tide across the country. If they move in good directions, I may even change from an Independent to a Democrat - but they will have to convince me they are not just as corporate-controlled as the Repugs are.

Across the country, voters are favoring Democrats - 48.2% for Dems, 37.2% for Repubs. Please look at the data in this link.

Take Virginia's recent elections.

In Georgia, (R)Tom Price took 66.7% of the vote in 2014, 61.7% in 2016 and Handel barely won 51.8% in 2017. Dems are rising even in the conservative Georgia. Read Georgia's 6th District Results. No other elections in Georgia since Trump took over - correct me if I'm wrong William.

In Alabama, minorities are being emboldened to vote and therefore likely will take steps to overcome Voter Suppression taken place across the country by the Repugs. Truly “deplorable”!

Trump's approval rating of 32-35% no doubt plays a big role in this rising democratic sentiments; I suspect the very unpopular tax plan also plays a big role - read 29% favor GOP tax plan.
A Quinnipiac poll found that just 29 percent of voters approve of the plan, while 53 percent disapprove.
Similarly, a Gallup poll showed 29 percent of Americans favoring the tax cut and 56 percent disapproving.

Also playing big roles are the ending Net Neutrality (pending but very likely), the virtual elimination of the Consumer Protection Bureau and the gutting of EPA enforcement. I’ll stop there.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
http://www.weatherly.org/discoverycenter
KeithE
Site Admin

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues