[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Fox buddy Killian and Roy Moore

Fox buddy Killian and Roy Moore

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Re: Fox buddy Killian and Roy Moore

Postby Sandy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:20 am

Sandy

What do you expect

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:55 pm

in a state where a leading influencer in the Collinsville Baptist church whose father is on the cornerstone, the local librarian refuses a fully paid for annual issue of the Oxford American mag founded by John Grisham and featuring the likes of Baptists over the years like Ron Rash, Vicki Covington and Bonhoeffer scholar Charles Marsh and in current issue has beautiful piece on Primitive Baptists and Line singing.

And her go to deacon a retired county school assistant chief boasts of not having one piece of literature in the house and not reading any book he can think of off hand in last 15 years. His SS school class was on Smyth Helwys literature for about 6 weeks and went back to BSSB lit.

So what does it matter in a state full of Baptists like this when Alsbom director Rick Lance is struck mute.

Just saying on a cynical afternoon but still voting for Doug Jones

http://www.oxfordamerican.org/magazine/ ... the-spirit
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby Rvaughn » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:43 pm

Rvaughn

Postby Haruo » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:47 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:31 am

Sandy

Jimmy Kimmel coming to Gadsden Mall with Cheerleaders

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:27 pm

to fight roy moore.

http://yellowhammernews.com/politics-2/__trashed/

Those on facebook will want to read the comments to this story at yellowhammer news, founder Cliff Simms, Baptist preacher's son, Auburn grad, HS baseball player, now in Trump White House.

It's showtime for **** sure now in Bama.

Nick Saban move over!!!!!!!

Stephen Fox

My anti Moore letter has been submitted

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:13 pm

For Publication to the weekly the Southern Torch, in a rebuttal to a Robert Crumley.

I join ranks with Charles Barkley opposing Moore on alt right grounds and I state my case and name names opposing Moore on church state grounds.

This morning Rick Burgess on air said he did not know who George W. Truett was. A Great Day for Bama Baps when the face of the Bama Bap Convention and key note speaker admits he doesn't have a clue who George Truett Was.

Maybe Bama and the Bama SBC deserve Roy Moore as their US Senator, but I will vote for Doug Jones, a fine Methodist!!!!

Stephen Fox

Postby Rvaughn » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:45 pm

Rvaughn

Postby William Thornton » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:32 pm

My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:32 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:36 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:35 am

After watching my usual church activity this morning on TV (physical problem militates against attendance), I surfed to a CBS interview of Senator Durbin, who categorically made it clear that Moore has no business in the Senate or that he be dealt with if he makes it. This reminded me of his role in January 2009, when he, Democrat Majority Leader Reid, and President Obama made it clear that the Constitutionally-mandated appointee for Obama's vacated Senate seat would not be allowed by them to take that seat. Burris, the appointee (and no beauty), was locked out of even observing Senate proceedings (don't know about the bathrooms) and had to go to court for redress of his grievance. The court, predictably noting the law, buried Durbin, Reid and Obama, as well as Illinois officialdom, and Burris took the seat, leaving the worthy solons to eat crow and stew in their own juices. They attempted a corruption so profound (all of them lawyers) as to defy belief. Anyone doubting that this happened is welcome to look it up. I did a couple of blogs at the time on the subject: ; . Durbin became famous, also, for comparing U.S. GIs in the Middle East to the “warriors” in Pol Pot's killing-fields, Stalin's butchers of the Gulags, and, of course, Hitler's bloodthirsty SS troops.
Jim

Postby KeithE » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:56 pm

My good friend Harvey, as we ate lunch today, said that he and his wife (Delores) drove to their home towns (Altoona and Walnut Grove, AL) and after visiting some relatives drove over the mountain on Tumblin Gap road where Roy Moore’s ranch is located (I've been many times going to Camp Sumatanga for Emmaus events). They saw no signs supporting Roy Moore and several houses had Doug Jones signs up in Roy’s hometown of Gallant, AL.

Speaks volumes from those who know him best.

And yes I know, Fox is probably the only other Alabamian reading here and I already know his vote.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:19 pm

Interesting piece someone linked on Facebook:

The Facebook comments on this included: "It’s best for the GOP, Evangelicals, and Pro-Life Movement long-term for Jones to win this. Moore will go to the Senate and say one controversial thing after another and the whole GOP will wear him around their neck come November 2018. The best way to lose the Senate in November 2018 is for Moore to win on Tuesday. That’s politics."
Rvaughn

Postby Rvaughn » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:12 pm

Rvaughn

Postby Haruo » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:44 pm

You're probably right, Robert. When I talk (without qualifiers) about "someone's credibility" I mean their credibility in the eyes of a person who has made some effort to learn about them so as to have an informed sense of their credibility. I think that people who have done so will realize that the assertion that she admitted "forging" any part of the inscription is a lie. I also think they will find the argumentation in by a girl he had dated who had not accused him of sexual impropriety has more credibility than that of the right-end fake news artists who introduced the word "forging".

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:12 pm

You correctly note that Beverly Nelson did not admit to forging anything, only adding a note about when and where Roy Moore wrote the inscription. It is interesting that the Yahoo article I linked (Yahoo is definitely not "right-end") picked up the word forging -- possibly because the earliest reports used that word. Forging is a charged word, and no doubt in the opinion articles intended to put Nelson in the worst light. To me whether or not it is/was a forgery is based on the intent -- did she just make a notation for her own benefit, or did she make this notation at some point with the intention to deceive? Nevertheless, I can't help but believe the fact that she did not mention it to begin with, and then later stated that she added the notation will hurt her credibility in the eyes of some voters.

I guess we'll know in a few hours (or longer if it is close) just how this went.
Rvaughn

Postby Haruo » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:15 pm

With 22% of precincts reporting it was Moore 52 to Jones 46. The write-in vote made no difference.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:40 pm

55% reporting, still 52 to 46.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:18 pm

At the moment -- 9:17 CST -- is showing tied at 49.2% with 85.5% reporting.
Rvaughn

Postby Rvaughn » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:24 pm

Based on the counties they are showing not completely reported -- Jefferson (Birmingham), Montgomery, Tuscaloosa (Univ. of Al), Madison (Huntsville) are probably big population centers and all but Tuscaloosa went for Clinton in the presidential election, so I'd say Jones may win. Three counties that went for Trump in the election -- Shelby, Baldwin and Marshall -- are not fully reported. The WAPO map shows Jones has flipped 10 counties that went for Trump in 2016.
Rvaughn

Postby Haruo » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:45 pm

Now with 88% reporting AL.com says Jones is ahead by about 8000 votes. I begin to have hope. ;-) (Actually, I was prepared to be hopeful regardless of the outcome.)

Looks like the GOP's margin in the Senate is down to 1.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:52 pm

Sandy

Postby Rvaughn » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:35 am

Rvaughn

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues