[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Roy Moore and the teenaged girls

Roy Moore and the teenaged girls

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Re: Roy Moore and the teenaged girls

Postby Jim » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:47 pm

Jim

Postby KeithE » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:02 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:44 pm

Rvaughn

Postby JE Pettibone » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:06 am

Ed: RL, I am with you, when you say " I don't trust the impartiality of WAPO, NYT, Breitbart, Huffington Post, Houston Post, or any of the rest of them -- though I believe some are more so than others. "
JE Pettibone

Roy at the Gadsden Mall, New Yorker

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:41 pm

The Definitive Piece. Nails the last nail on the coffin. The rest is just process.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby Haruo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:03 pm

Hopefully some form of documentation will show up, in which case it really WILL nail it, but even without that it's a very damaging piece for the Moores (I do try to bear in mind that this all affects Kayla and the rest of the nuclear and exploded family). And Sessions of all people says he has "no reason to doubt" Moore's accusers.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:39 pm

I read this with grief for the Moore family, for his supporters who want so much to believe in him, and for the women who now are telling their stories when they are in their forties. I listened to an interview with one accuser this morning who was identified by name and her husband's name. She was very believable because it was so hard for her to tell the story even this long after the alleged events. If nothing went on, she deserves an Oscar.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:47 pm

Sandy

Postby Rvaughn » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:23 pm

Sandy, I stand by the fact of what I said. I doesn't trust their impartiality (but trust some more than others), which is not the same as what you are responding to.

I have no doubt that that these people are saying what they said and that it is reported accurately. What they said may be true. I have some doubts about several things I've heard, but I also have doubts about Moore and what he has said. Since I don't vote in Alabama, I'm not inclined to pursue it as much as if it were someone I would be voting for or against here in Texas. In the end, it will not matter what Democrats or Republican "true believer" voters think, but who convinces the independents, the voters in the middle, those on the fence. Either way, we as a country will be stuck with whichever U.S. Senator Alabama elects.
Rvaughn

Postby Haruo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:14 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:00 pm

In this, the NYT reports on one of its own:
Rvaughn

Postby Jim » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:59 pm

Jim

Postby Haruo » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:05 pm

Jim, what's your take on Sessions?

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:10 pm

Sandy

Postby Sandy » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:25 pm

Sandy

Postby Rvaughn » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:10 pm

Rvaughn

Postby Sandy » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:27 pm

Sandy

Postby Rvaughn » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:38 pm

I don't know Yellowhammer from Redsaw, so I looked them up. Not sure why you are referencing them, since they are news and analysis "from the principled conservative perspective." According to your theory above, that means they are neither factual nor reliable. :o
Rvaughn

Postby Sandy » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:18 am

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:25 am

Jim missed on this one. I don't see much of anyone not treating these reports as credible.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:36 am

Sandy

Postby KeithE » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:46 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:21 am

Rvaughn

Postby Sandy » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:13 am

Sandy

SBC Keynote speaker Rick Burgess

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:48 am

I think he is a member of if not Vestavia Hills, the same church former Bama Bap Editor Baggett was member, though son Mark, a sterling CBFfer is at Riverchase, teaches English at Samford and came to Collinsville in 2002. I got pictures of the preachers wife chewing him out while Pastor Morgan is foamin at the mouth at another presenter. I think David Currie had already made it to the vestibule safety zone.

But that was 15 years ago and they allowed me to attend a good friend's wedding last week, first time in the sanctuary, on the property for that matter in 11 years.

But I digressed. Burgess this morning says it is a certainty Moore will be elected, and though they backed Strange in the Primary, they are with Moore now.

So that is the face of Rick Lance's SBC in Bama at the moment.

Stand with Roy.

NPR had Ed Stetzer on this morning to explain it all from his Chair at Wheaton. He thinks Moore should step down, but apparently the Bama SBC hasnit got the memo yet. I think it was 97 when Russ Moore came to Bama with my friend John Killian in the room to trash my friend Vicki Covington, the Novelist from Southside Baptist Church where Truett preached in 41 or so and Hugo Black was a member. Vicki had a column in the Bham News in 94 or so on the funeral of Davey Allison and praised my Dad's first cousin Max Helton who was Chaplain to Nascar and spoke. Our Helton cousin Brad Fullington is now running for Congress in the district that covers Jeff City and Carson Newman. He is Rockie's legend Todd Helton's first cousin.

I think Brad thought his grandmother shoulda been ordained Churchagod Preacher so that puts him at odds with Rick Burgess and Steve Gaines, though I am not certain on that point; just exegesis, Now Testament interpretation which Judge Pressler said I could do.

Since Hannity turned his program into a Bill Clinton Juanita Broaderick retrospective last night; is it time to bring up Judge Pressler, a big fan of Roy Moore and explore Baylor's WJ Wimpee and others reservations about 41's nominee to US Ethics Department. David Corn in the Nation mag said those reservations grew quite "randy"; but Russ Moore's predecessor the fat boy said dismissed it all as poor losers.

BTW, Vicki Covington's husband wrote the book on snake Handling, Salvation on Sand Mountain. UTenn Press has a new book on the subject by Julia Duin.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues