[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Roy Moore and the teenaged girls

Roy Moore and the teenaged girls

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Bama "religious extremism on Middle Eastern Scale"

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:14 pm

"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Roy Moore and the teenaged girls

Postby Jim » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:15 pm

The ironies grow more delicious each day. Today, democrat Senator Franken is pictured everywhere fondling the breasts of a sleeping news- reporter on a plane. He was dumb enough (not surprising) to think that the pix was neat and cool. They were part of a USO outfit a while back, during which in a “kiss rehearsal” (his description) skit, he forcibly jammed his tongue in her mouth while holding/pressing her by the back of her head. She didn't make an issue of it at the time because of her job/standing, but she's seen what is happening now and decided to come forward. The pix is all the proof that's needed to put Franken in line for expulsion from the Senate since McConnell has promised to expel Moore if he's elected, even though no such creepy evidence is available.

And then there's democrat Senator Menendez who has just stood trial for about a month on extreme charges connected with those of his “sugar-daddy” multi-millionaire Florida doctor-friend who has just been convicted on 57 charges, which involve $90 million in Medicare fraud. Menendez and his partner-in-crime collaborated to have beauties flown in from South America for playful recreation and have been accused of having sex with underage girls. There were Justice Department court filings on "specific, corroborated allegations that defendants Menendez and Melgen (his sugar-daddy and source of much money) had sex with underage prostitutes in the Dominican Republic."  It goes on and on and follows in the train of Bubba Clinton, who was an all-out sexual pervert and assailant against women, though Monica was a teenager. In NJ, Menendez unsurprisingly was awarded a mistrial judgment today but it will be interesting to see how his democrat colleagues view him in light of the well-documented and nationally-publicized shenanigans.

Look for more women to show up with their lawyers and accuse more white men because they've found a mother-lode of possible payoffs, many of which have probably already been made to keep them quiet thus far. My guess is that a lot of legislators throughout the country are apprehensive. This has already started in my state, with the House Speaker and three committee-chairmen already shorn of their legislative offices, though they haven't resigned their seats.
Jim

Postby Rvaughn » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:50 pm

Rvaughn

Re: SBC Keynote speaker Rick Burgess

Postby Rvaughn » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:51 pm

Rvaughn

Balmer in Wash Post this coming Sunday

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:04 pm

Randall Balmer who has his on Bammer connections having presented at Samford on three different occasions, once in the presence of Bill Hull will have an oped on Roy Moore this coming Sunday in the Wash Post.

He may also be on Meet the Press

As Hamilton said: "Wait on it!"

Stephen Fox

RVaughn

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:08 pm

I think your Mother is White Trash or she never woulda conceived you now, would she. Just so we understand each other.

If you were just kidding about snake handlers and my Alabama family, then I'm just kidding too.

Meanwhile look for what Jed Tewksbury told the sophisticates in a Place to Come To.

BTW I read the book on White Trash--yes there is one--and knowing you helped me understand it better. I think there are about 30 words for white trash. My fave is the KJV offscouring, and you sure fit the definition of that.

Just so we understand each other.

Have a Blessed Day!

Stephen Fox

Re: RVaughn

Postby Rvaughn » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:16 pm

Glad you've got a sense of humor. Unless you don't. :D

At least I finally got a response from you. First time ever, think.
Rvaughn

Postby Rvaughn » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:22 pm

BTW, I wasn't kidding on the first part about having read Dennis Covington's book, way back when.
Rvaughn

Vicki Covington

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:55 pm

was in breakout session at the BHam CBF in 93. I introduced my Dad to her then. I think it was shortly after then, maybe a year when she wrote the column on Davey Allison.

She is a facebook friend now but I haven't spoken in person in 20 years; nor have I seen her in Oxford American in a while

Stephen Fox

Pressler's Steven Hotze in Bham

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:41 pm

Stephen Fox

Postby William Thornton » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:12 pm

My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:19 pm

Sandy

Postby Rvaughn » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:37 pm

Still, I'll take that as your saying something good about conservative media. Since it's so hard to come by, I'll take what I can get!

I'll stick with trying to apply a healthy suspicion, left, right, and center.
Last edited by Rvaughn on Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rvaughn

Re: Vicki Covington

Postby Rvaughn » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:52 pm

Rvaughn

Postby Sandy » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:57 pm

The credibility of American conservative Evangelical Christianity is melting away with each day that goes by that Moore doesn't step down, and prominent, well known evangelical leaders keep supporting him. They've already compromised everything they stand for with their support for Trump. You hardly ever hear a leading evangelical actually preach the gospel anymore, they're all bent on defending indefensible politicians and redefining what the Bible says is sin.

Go up a few boxes and read Jim's hypocritical comments regarding Senators Franken and Menendez, for a good illustration of the damage this is going to do to American Evangelicalism. The largest Evangelical denomination, the SBC, has lost more than a million members in a decade, more than half a million in attendance, with half of that happening over the past two years. That's the future if they can't shake their dabbling in extremist right wing politics.
Sandy

Previous

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues