[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Best I've Seen on the NFL Protest issue....

Best I've Seen on the NFL Protest issue....

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Re: Best I've Seen on the NFL Protest issue....

Postby Sandy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:32 pm

Sandy

Postby KeithE » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:17 am

Public arguments are often framed by the two sides in different manners. To Kaepernick and other NFLfers, the issue is about police brutality/even killings of blacks; to Trump and his followers it is about respect for the flag, the national anthem, and the military. Trump is playing the “nationalism” card and calling on his base and whoever will listen to put down (even have fired) Kaepernick and other NFLers (abuse of power in my view). And here is the point - he never acknowledges Kaerpernick's issue and no movement towards rectification of the police brutality issue is being considered to my knowledge.

Kaepernick did change from sitting to kneeling during the anthem recognizing the “ultimate price” of those who died in service of their country -acknowledging to the degree he could, the other side's point.

This will end in a new equilibrium with the country more divided and police brutality vs blacks will be unchanged at best. I have little hope that enough Americans will seek improvements in the police’s brutal treatments of blacks because of these protests. But that does not mean they should not happen.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:17 pm

Sandy

Postby Jim » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:16 am

Jim

Postby Haruo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:22 am

Bound and determined to place blame on The Other, eh, Jim?
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:01 pm

Jim

Postby Haruo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:33 pm

It's been drilled into a lot of whites from an early age that they are better than blacks. Not all. And not all blacks have a victim sense of self, and the ones who acquire it don't all do the same thing with it. Most of the blacks I know (including many of the ones who came here as immigrants or refugees) consider themselves as American as I am, far as I can tell.

Which doesn't mean they don't suffer discrimination, or that they are unaware of it.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:00 pm

Sandy

Postby Jim » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:20 pm

Jim

Postby Jim » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:30 pm

Jim

Postby Sandy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:08 pm

What's hilarious is someone like you even pretending that you know what has been "drilled into blacks since birth."

Well, that answers the question about your frame of reference.
Sandy

Postby JE Pettibone » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:30 pm

JE Pettibone

Postby JE Pettibone » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:28 pm

JE Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:18 pm

?

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby JE Pettibone » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:19 am

JE Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:53 pm

What's TTU?

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby JE Pettibone » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:18 pm

JE Pettibone

Postby Rvaughn » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:36 am

Rvaughn

Postby JE Pettibone » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:59 pm

JE Pettibone

Postby KeithE » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:51 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby JE Pettibone » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:49 am

Ed: No Keith I was through with that thread in November of 2017 or before.
JE Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:55 pm

Keith, I don't see any post, by Ed or anyone else, at the date and time you specified (even allowing for time zones). What led you to surmise he might have wanted to post here then?

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:04 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues