[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Dr. Seuss - the new conservative to hate.

Dr. Seuss - the new conservative to hate.

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Dr. Seuss - the new conservative to hate.

Postby Jon Estes » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:49 am

Only in a left-leaning America...

Dr. Seuss hating liberal rejects gifts of FLOTUS

BUT WAIT...

Here is the librarian in 2015...

Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
Jon Estes

Re: Dr. Seuss - the new conservative to hate.

Postby KeithE » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:13 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:34 am

I'm intrigued by one fact about this. It seems to have been released by the Trump administration and not by the librarian. At least all I have seen was on conservative websites and networks.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:46 am

Yeah, of course Jon and all his conservative sources got this way, way wrong, out of context and didn't bother with any facts.
Sandy

Postby Jon Estes » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:27 am

Jon Estes

Postby Haruo » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:59 am

Geisel wrote some very offensively racist stuff during World War II. I have not yet read this recent article about racism in his Seuss books, but on the surface it strikes me as unlikely that they are racist in a way that would make The Cat in the Hat undesirable reading for grade schoolers. Or kindergartners. What I find objectionable is Melania's omission of the Horton books from her donation bag.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:44 am

strikes me as a much more nuanced treatment of Geisel and race. In particular the suggestion that MacArthur nixed some of his work for being too sympathetic to the Japanese is intriguing.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:51 pm

Jon got this wrong too. Maybe he should actually read the articles before he jumps to conclusions.

BTW, that's a fake picture.
Sandy

Postby Haruo » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:38 pm

Sandy, what's your source on the fakeness of the photo?

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Jon Estes » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:19 am

Jon Estes

Postby William Thornton » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:10 am

Goofball librarian goes after First Lady over Cat-in-the-Hat etc. This has to be the dumbest antitrump straw that the trumphaters have grasped. You'd think that the trumphaters would pass on some of this stuff. It's not as if the president doesn't provide sufficient things worthy of legitimate criticism.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Jon Estes » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:17 am

Jon Estes

Postby Sandy » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:46 am

Yeah, so I see this is going to be the new diversion around here. Everything goes to the ihatetrump barrel. After years of excoriating Obama, and criticizing what was mostly unimportant minutia, now that Trump has turned out to be a disastrous incompetent who is doing exactly what he, and his followers and supporters criticized in others, anyone who points out his hypocrisy, lies, flip flops, idocy, incompetence and general ineptness is just an ihatetrumper.

That must be a way to compensate for the trauma of the investigations into his corruption, and what lies ahead. :lol:
Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:41 am

I can only use the barrel you guys provide.

The ihateobama doesnt work for me. I'm the guy who said I liked him....even had a piece used by the mod/lib religious press.

...the clock is ticking.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues