The People’s Platform

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: KeithE

Re: The People’s Platform

Postby KeithE » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:33 pm

Now back to discussion of all 8 of the People’s Platform bills. Urge you Representatives to push the bills you see as helping the people.

You cannot say the progressive wing of the Democratic Party does not have a forward looking plan.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
http://www.weatherly.org/discoverycenter
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Jon Estes » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:37 am

KeithE wrote:
William Thornton wrote:Here's as far as you can go on this: you can say that you are insulted to be called a 'mod/lib' but you can't say that I use it as an insult, which identifes part of your problem - believing that you know others' state-of-mind.

If I wanted to insult you I have the vocabulary do so...but I don't wish to insult you.

I can easily spot the difference between your disagreement language and that of rvaughn though your differences with mine are about the same. He shows good faith in actually trying to understand another’s point of view and does not approach anything close to a put off insult. He disagrees but that is all.

This is a long, long term problem between myself and you - so I guess I should just give up trying to explain or fix it. NTMAWR will be my acronym (instead of CHINMUKO). It means “not treating my arguments with respect”.

Gosh... It sounds like you wish this forum were the Keith / RVaughn personality type forum. How long would that last if all we did was respond the way others think we ought.

Here's a possible solution to your problem. Post your whatever's and reply to your self in the way you think you should be replied too... use the names of others so you can feel like it is a group discussion. Maybe then you will find the respect you say you deserve and expect. Maybe not...
Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
Jon Estes

Postby KeithE » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:37 am

Jon Estes wrote:
KeithE wrote:
William Thornton wrote:Here's as far as you can go on this: you can say that you are insulted to be called a 'mod/lib' but you can't say that I use it as an insult, which identifes part of your problem - believing that you know others' state-of-mind.

If I wanted to insult you I have the vocabulary do so...but I don't wish to insult you.

I can easily spot the difference between your disagreement language and that of rvaughn though your differences with mine are about the same. He shows good faith in actually trying to understand another’s point of view and does not approach anything close to a put off insult. He disagrees but that is all.

This is a long, long term problem between myself and you - so I guess I should just give up trying to explain or fix it. NTMAWR will be my acronym (instead of CHINMUKO). It means “not treating my arguments with respect”.

Gosh... It sounds like you wish this forum were the Keith / RVaughn personality type forum. How long would that last if all we did was respond the way others think we ought.

Here's a possible solution to your problem. Post your whatever's and reply to your self in the way you think you should be replied too... use the names of others so you can feel like it is a group discussion. Maybe then you will find the respect you say you deserve and expect. Maybe not...

This is a discussion board, as such replying to myself is not the point.

I wish more people on all sides of the issues sought to explain why they think as they do and get an understanding of why others think as they do (if in fact those people explain how they came to those opinions).

Jon, how is the universal health care system that the UAE employs working? Comprehensive cost vs quality metrics speak loudest; but public impressions can be valuable as well. And could you talk to some of the people you know from the 20 other countries about their health care system’s efficiency.

Or take on any of the 7 other bills.

I’m gone for the rest of the day - picking up my wife’s father in Birmingham - Amtrak coming in from California.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
http://www.weatherly.org/discoverycenter
KeithE
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues