[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - DACA

DACA

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Re: DACA

Postby Jon Estes » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:21 am

The first responsibility Christians have towards any and all who would be or are affected by DACA's policy removal is to share Jesus with them.

On another forum, this was brought up and I had to admit I got more into the political side of things (though a law still needs to be followed or changed) and didn't stop to consider the greatest compassion for these people is not where their home will be on this planet but where will their home be when the exit this planet. We can fulfill the GC no matter what happens legally or politically and isn't that the charge we have as a priority.
Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
Jon Estes

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:49 am

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:47 am

Most of the New Testament accounts of Jesus preaching the gospel involved his either healing people or feeding them first, ministering to their immediate need before offering the gospel message. I'd say there's a good chance that many of those who qualify for DACA are already Christians.

I think what we have here is another case where right wing politics weights heavier than Christian principles and practices, especially among Evangelical supporters of Trump.
Sandy

Postby Haruo » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:56 am

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:42 pm

Rvaughn

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:31 pm

My question is this, "Can we separate the Great Commission from the Great Commandments?" By Great Commandments--Love the Lord...., Love your neighbor."
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:46 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:34 pm

I don't think anyone (at least here) is advocating fulfilling the Great Commission sans the Great Commandments. The point of the comment that Jon referenced, at least as I see it, is fulfilling Christian and church responsibilities to people regardless of what choices our government make. I have written my three Congressmen asking them to support passage of a "DACA-like" law. Such a law may happen or it may not. We still have individual and church responsibilities regardless of what happens.
Rvaughn

Postby Jon Estes » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:29 am

Jon Estes

Postby Jon Estes » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:31 am

Jon Estes

Postby Jon Estes » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:35 am

Jon Estes

Postby Jon Estes » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:43 am

Jon Estes

Postby Jon Estes » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:44 am

Jon Estes

Postby Jon Estes » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:56 am

Obama - DACA is illegal. Teaching for ten years of constitutional law, he knows the President cannot do something such as DACA.

Obama - DACA is temporary

Jon Estes

Postby Dave Roberts » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:18 am

I was talking this week with a couple ministering among hispanic immigrants. They do a great job of evangelizing through social ministries that become the springboard for the good news of Jesus. The DACA issue (as well as the deportation force) have crimped their numbers. When black vans with darkened windows park outside ministry sites, then the government is using the efforts to share the gospel in its sweep for undocumented workers. By the way, Jon, I can document where and when the black van appeared with its camera lenses behind the windows.

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:12 am

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:14 am

Following Jesus doesn't just require that we "share the gospel with them while they are being deported" but that we share their deportation. There's a suggestion. Pick up our cross and follow him.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:19 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Jon Estes » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:50 pm

Jon Estes

Postby Jon Estes » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:53 pm

Jon Estes

Postby Jon Estes » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:55 pm

Jon Estes

Postby Jon Estes » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:57 pm

I hope we all realize Hell is not only worse than wherever they came from and is also for eternity. No water being passed out down there either.
Jon Estes

Postby Dave Roberts » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:54 pm

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:01 pm

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:03 pm

Rvaughn

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues