[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Trump, just for fun

Trump, just for fun

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Trump, just for fun

Postby Haruo » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:56 pm

A YouTube Channel called The Parody Project has a couple of wonderful Simon & Garfunkel hits out:

and

; a great anthology of Trump contradicting himself starts at about the 2:10 mark .

If Opera is more your thing, there's also a nice Italian aria at least tangentially about the guy:

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Trump, just for fun

Postby William Thornton » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:19 am

The opera one is hilarious...and entertaining.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:45 am

I don't do you-tube or tweet or face-book (mischief-maker supreme) but the Rossini is a gem. I love the Bigoto part because it has been strongly implied that I am a bigoto myself. Of course, I take it as a compliment, especially since God mandated a CHOSEN people, and it wasn't the Hittites, Amorites, Babylonians or Philistines...victims of discrimination? Of course, God changed his mind once (with penultimately justifiable reasons) and offered the mantle to Moses, who respectfully declined. That also gives me hope in the midst of my bigoto, especially if I choose vanilla over chocolate ice cream, clearly a bigoto approach but allowable in that wildly necessary context. God got a bit drastic in some discrimination activities like, for instance, Sodom and Gomorrah, but I wouldn't dare call Him out on that.
Jim

Postby Haruo » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:05 am

Interesting reactions. While I enjoyed the aria, I thought the juxtaposed self-contradictory snippets of Trump with the "lie-lie-lie" refrain mantraing in the background was the most fun.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:52 pm

Let's go with theBH of the R:

Or, Glory, glory to old Georgia
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:43 pm