Trump and North Korea

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: KeithE

Re: Trump and North Korea

Postby Dave Roberts » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:18 am

I'm amazed how often rather than having a reasoned discussion of issues, we degenerate into attack mode on others for what we don't like. Oh wait. I remember what I saw once on an old preacher's notes. Beside point 2 of his 3 points was penciled in red, "Weak point. SHOUT!"
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:09 pm

Jim wrote:Quoting the New York Times is to admit to a gullibility unimaginable. Egad!!!

The New York Times and the Washington Post are two of the most accurate news sources available. If you can offer any proof that the story in the times on North Korea that I posted is inaccurate, post it. I know that recognizing facts is a nearly impossible task for you, and I don't expect that you'll find anything to refute even the remotest punctuation mark of that story. The fact that this particular statement comes from you just conforms for me that the Times is a reliable, accurate news source.
Sandy
Sandy

Postby Jim » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:03 am

Sandy wrote:
Jim wrote:Quoting the New York Times is to admit to a gullibility unimaginable. Egad!!!

The New York Times and the Washington Post are two of the most accurate news sources available. If you can offer any proof that the story in the times on North Korea that I posted is inaccurate, post it. I know that recognizing facts is a nearly impossible task for you, and I don't expect that you'll find anything to refute even the remotest punctuation mark of that story. The fact that this particular statement comes from you just conforms for me that the Times is a reliable, accurate news source.

Conform:
1: to be similar or identical; also: to be in agreement or harmony — used with to or with changes that conform with our plans
2 a : to be obedient or compliant — usually used with to conform to another's wishes b: to act in accordance with prevailing standards or customs
. I'm still laughing. Ever heard of Jayson Blair and the NYT?
Jim

Postby Haruo » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:57 am

Jim wrote:Ever heard of Jayson Blair and the NYT?
This is heading towards "Black folks make unreliable newspaper folks." Who broke the Blair story? As far as I can tell, the NYT. Do you have other info on this, Jim.
Haruo (呂須•春男) = ᎭᎷᎣ = Leland Bryant Ross
Repeal the language taxLearn and use Esperanto
Fremont Baptist ChurchMy hymnblog
Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:23 pm

Haruo wrote:
Jim wrote:Ever heard of Jayson Blair and the NYT?
This is heading towards "Black folks make unreliable newspaper folks." Who broke the Blair story? As far as I can tell, the NYT. Do you have other info on this, Jim.

Egad...not you as one obsessed with slavery as an invention by WASPs, the scoundrels! Try the below for the Washington Post and Janet Cooke (poor Jimmy) and the infamous “document,” moving The WP to fire three lately and publish a painful retraction. Then, of course, there was CBS's Dan Rather (three fired but not Rather, the consummate liar). And then there's NBC's Brian Williams and even (drum-roll) Hillary (just pick your lie for a plethora of them). Trump looks bad, too. So, what else is new?

https://jonathanturley.org/2016/12/09/washington-post-issues-correction-to-fake-news-story/;
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/rich-noyes/2016/12/10/; https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/rich-noyes/2016/12/10/.

All you have to do is just rack your brain for the memories. Lots of them out there! It's okay to imply that I'm racist if it makes your day.
Jim

Previous

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues