In Case You Have Not Heard

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

In Case You Have Not Heard

Postby KeithE » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:52 pm

It's been quiet at BL lately.

1. Trump has initiated a voter suppression effort. Trump’s voting commission makes an alarming request for data

Trump tapped Kansas’ Kris Kobach, a voter-suppression pioneer
to lead the effort.

The chair of President Trump’s Election Integrity Commission has penned a letter to all 50 states requesting their full voter-roll data, including the name, address, date of birth, party affiliation, last four Social Security number digits, voting history back to 2006, {military status, any felonies,voter registration in others states, and overseas citizenship information} of potentially every voter in the state.
{addition due to more extensive text quoted by Rachel}

Some states (Calif, Colorado, Connecticut, Iowa, Kentucky, Mississippi, and Rhode Island) are already refusing to go along - more to follow I would guess. Refusing to Abet Suppression, States Reject Trump Demand for Voter Data

At best this commission was set up as a pretext to validate Donald Trump's alternative election facts, and at worst is a tool to commit large-scale voter suppression.

2. Trump has a fake Time magazine cover at several of his golf clubs Faking a Time magazine cover is the most Trump thing ever. Time may sue if they do not remove them. Morning Joe mentioned this non-fake news. Yet more evidence of Trump’s Narcissistic Disorder.

3. Trumps’ tweet in response:

I heard poorly rated @Morning_Joe speaks badly of me (don't watch anymore). Then how come low I.Q. Crazy Mika, along with Psycho Joe, came..
..to Mar-a-Lago 3 nights in a row around New Year's Eve, and insisted on joining me. She was bleeding badly from a face-lift. I said no!

4. After reporting on the falsity of the Mar-a-Lago story and any “blood” involved in her chin tuck (didn’t have to debunk MJ program rating, second highest in morning time slots), Joe and Mika offered another episode: ‘Morning Joe’ Hosts: White House Leveraged National Enquirer Article to Demand Apology which has included harassment of Mika’s children and ex-husband.

That could be called “extortion" according to Lawrence Tribe Harvard law professor: If the White House threatened 'Morning Joe' hosts with a National Enquirer story, it's a crime.

---------------

We ( the USA) are in trouble folks.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: In Case You Have Not Heard

Postby KeithE » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:40 pm

KeithE wrote:It's been quiet at BL lately.

1. Trump has initiated a voter suppression effort. Trump’s voting commission makes an alarming request for data

Trump tapped Kansas’ Kris Kobach, a voter-suppression pioneer
to lead the effort.

The chair of President Trump’s Election Integrity Commission has penned a letter to all 50 states requesting their full voter-roll data, including the name, address, date of birth, party affiliation, last four Social Security number digits, voting history back to 2006, {military status, any felonies,voter registration in others states, and overseas citizenship information} of potentially every voter in the state.
{addition due to more extensive text quoted by Rachel}

Some states (Calif, Colorado, Connecticut, Iowa, Kentucky, Mississippi, and Rhode Island) are already refusing to go along - more to follow I would guess. Refusing to Abet Suppression, States Reject Trump Demand for Voter Data

At best this commission was set up as a pretext to validate Donald Trump's alternative election facts, and at worst is a tool to commit large-scale voter suppression.

Trump just had to attempt to prove that 3 million people were illegal voters (and they all voted for Clinton) to assuage his ego about losing the popular vote. He is sick.

Well 44 states refuse to cooperate
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues