[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - AN AWESOME MOVE OF TOLERANCE

AN AWESOME MOVE OF TOLERANCE

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

AN AWESOME MOVE OF TOLERANCE

Postby Jon Estes » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:10 am

Being blessed to live in a place where religious tolerance is being demonstrated from the top down.

Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
Jon Estes

Re: AN AWESOME MOVE OF TOLERANCE

Postby Haruo » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:06 am

Makes me want to recite my rosary facing Dubai. It's actually a perfectly good Islamic name (though I'm not sure how many mosques are actually named for women). But of course, it's a "different Mary"; this one wasn't a virgin from what I've read. But then, the Eisa in question was, I am told, a "different Jesus", not being the Son of God and all.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Jon Estes » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:38 pm

I think it is a fair thing to say that Muslims see Mary differently than non-Muslims. Yet, they do believe she was "the virgin mother of Jesus, who was the Anointed One, the Promised Messiah."
* Stowasser, Barbara Freyer, “Mary”, in: Encyclopaedia of the Qurʾān, General Editor: Jane Dammen McAuliffe, Georgetown University, Washington DC.

The decision to rename the Mosque was one in the name of tolerance (the purpose for me sharing the article). I am so grateful for the Muslim government here in the UAE. It not only allows Christians to worship freely but has given land to Evangelical and other religions to build on and worship at.

The location in Dubai is known as DECC. This is the second land mass Dubai has made available. The other is closer to downtown. DECC is approximately a 25 minute drive from downtown, if traffic is not congested. One of the stronger evangelical works is through DECC... UCCD (United Christian Church of Dubai).

Though we do not meet at DECC, 6 or 7 religious groups have facilities there. Some evangelical churches meet in hotels.

The UAE is a great place to serve God.
Jon Estes

Postby Haruo » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:41 am

I was mistaken. I see now that Islam does recognize Mary's virginity and therefore the virgin birth of Jesus. I had been under the impression (not sure where from; probably a Christian source with a bias) that Muhammad had denied it.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Joseph Patrick » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:13 pm

From Joseph Patrick...aka Gerry Milligan

Jon, the article said, "The senior pastor of the Evangelical Community Church in Abu Dhabi also hailed the news. “His Highness Shaikh Mohammad has made another generous gesture of religious tolerance in renaming the mosque,” said Jeramie Rinne." I know that I am a long way and a long time from when we were in the UAE, but what happened to Cam Arenson?
Joseph Patrick

Postby Jon Estes » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:38 am

Jon Estes

Postby Haruo » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:04 am

Thanks, that was a very worthwhile sermon, I think. I don't recall hearing of Al Ain much before. Is it a town in Dubai, or is it (in) one of the other emirates? I was looking for a photo of Cam Arenson, unsuccessfully, to see if he looked black, and if not, wondering in what sense he considers himself "made in Africa" (sounds evolutionist otherwise).

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Jon Estes » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:58 pm

Jon Estes

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues