Trump Approval Rating

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: KeithE

Trump Approval Rating

Postby KeithE » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:27 pm

Rolling 3-day Trump approval rating from Gallup

Down to 37% (5% drop in last week).

You can track this at the above link.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
http://www.weatherly.org/discoverycenter
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: Trump Approval Rating

Postby KeithE » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:57 pm

SUPPORT FOR DONALD TRUMP'S IMPEACHMENT IS NOW HIGHER THAN HIS APPROVAL RATING
52% support impeachment, 36% approval rating and these polls were taken prior to the Comey testimony.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:32 pm

KeithE wrote:SUPPORT FOR DONALD TRUMP'S IMPEACHMENT IS NOW HIGHER THAN HIS APPROVAL RATING
52% support impeachment, 36% approval rating and these polls were taken prior to the Comey testimony.

Democrats outnumber republicans (registered) by 48% - 44%, according to Pew. This is reflected in approval polls, though poll-rigging for an appropriate outcome is always operative, as well-documented in 2016. Here is a good link for multiple breakdowns, as well-documented in 2016: http://www.people-press.org/2016/09/13/2-party-affiliation-among-voters-1992-2016/. The Democrat Party belongs to the women and ethnic groups. White men are moving toward the Republican Party. The Independents hold the cards. The approval ratings mean nothing. In fact, considering the makeup of the voting blocs, disapproval means a job being well-done.
Jim

Postby Sandy » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:04 pm

KeithE wrote:SUPPORT FOR DONALD TRUMP'S IMPEACHMENT IS NOW HIGHER THAN HIS APPROVAL RATING

He's dropped to 35% in the Ouinnipiac, which runs similar to Gallup. Those are polls that use larger samples and tend to have smaller margins of error. RCP relies pretty heavily on their averages. Both were well within their margins of error during the last election. RCP, which has a tendency to lean conservative, also points out that the Democrats are +14 since November in congressional polling.
Sandy
Sandy

Postby KeithE » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:19 pm

Here is Obama’s Approval Rating for comparison.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Jon Estes » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:38 am

You can't impeach someone because you don't like them.

It would not surprise me if the polls are heavily answered from DNC thinking responders.

He has not broken the law.

There is no evidence of Trump collusion with the Russians.

I think Sandy is the one who is in collusion. He knows all the Russian agenda as he said Trump has fulfilled off of Putin's agenda in 150 days. It would seem to me, anyone who knows ALL of Putin's agenda must be an insider.

At least all of the political left lunacy here keeps me chuckling.
Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
Jon Estes

Postby KeithE » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:55 pm

Jon Estes wrote:

It would not surprise me if the polls are heavily answered from DNC thinking responders.

I think Sandy is the one who is in collusion. He knows all the Russian agenda as he said Trump has fulfilled off of Putin's agenda in 150 days. It would seem to me, anyone who knows ALL of Putin's agenda must be an insider.

No one is suggesting impeachment follows from merely not liking Trump. I will counter that no one should be suggesting that liking Trump or his programs justifies ignoring his possible culpability in impeachable offenses.

United States Constitution states in Section 4 that
"The President, Vice President, and all civil Officers of the United States shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other High Crimes and Misdemeanors.”

Treason? Maybe, Mueller is to figure that out. Were his “associates" working with Russians on joint US-Russian efforts prior to his inauguration? And was Trump aware of what they were doing? All 17 intel agencies agree that they meddled in a manner that favored Trump. He has shown no interest in fixing Russian meddling in our elections. What if we find out Putin has something on Trump and Trump has been forced to do things according to Russia’s wishes; Trump is already trying to return 2 Russian Embassies to Russia which Obama ordered to punish Russia for meddling. The devil is in the unknown details that Mueller will look into. Treason is an open possibility.

Bribery? Not that I'm aware of, at least not during his presidency.

High Crime and misdemeanors? Probably on several accounts:
- tax evasion (what is he hiding in not providing his tax returns? inappropriate use of loopholes, loans from Russian banks, ....)
- obstruction of justice (did he try to influence investigations of Flynn, or the Trump Campaign? certainly did in at least a soft form)
- release of classified information (subs locations, leak of the nation that provided classified data to Kisylak, Sergev; even Presidents must document releases and the reason for it before leaking)
- violations of the emoluments clause (maintaining purview/profits of Trump companies - like hotels/golf resorts, using Mar-o-Largo for $M’s paid for by fed govt, Ivanka’s Chinese branding in exchange for VISAs - a fact that Trump has not acted against). Read here for more.

Discouraging investigation into these matters is in itself an “obstruction of justice”.

The articles of impeachment for Nixon were:

1) making false or misleading statements to lawfully authorized investigative officers and employees of the United States;

2) withholding relevant and material evidence or information from lawfully authorized investigative officers and employees of the United States;

3) approving, condoning, acquiescing in, and counselling witnesses with respect to the giving of false or misleading statements to lawfully authorized investigative officers and employees of the United States and false or misleading testimony in duly instituted judicial and congressional proceedings;

4) interfering or endeavouring to interfere with the conduct of investigations by the Department of Justice of the United States, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the office of Watergate Special Prosecution Force, and Congressional Committees;

5) approving, condoning, and acquiescing in, the surreptitious payment of substantial sums of money for the purpose of obtaining the silence or influencing the testimony of witnesses, potential witnesses or individuals who participated in such unlawful entry and other illegal activities;

6) endeavouring to misuse the Central Intelligence Agency, an agency of the United States;

7) disseminating information received from officers of the Department of Justice of the United States to subjects of investigations conducted by lawfully authorized investigative officers and employees of the United States, for the purpose of aiding and assisting such subjects in their attempts to avoid criminal liability;

8) making or causing to be made false or misleading public statements for the purpose of deceiving the people of the United States into believing that a thorough and complete investigation had been conducted with respect to allegations of misconduct on the part of personnel of the executive branch of the United States and personnel of the Committee for the Re-election of the President, and that there was no involvement of such personnel in such misconduct: or

9) endeavouring to cause prospective defendants, and individuals duly tried and convicted, to expect favoured treatment and consideration in return for their silence or false testimony, or rewarding individuals for their silence or false testimony.

Each case is different, but one should consider these articles of impeachments as we go forward.

Question for Jon. Is Mueller part of the “political left lunacy”?
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:50 pm

Jon Estes wrote:I think Sandy is the one who is in collusion. He knows all the Russian agenda as he said Trump has fulfilled off of Putin's agenda in 150 days. It would seem to me, anyone who knows ALL of Putin's agenda must be an insider.

Putin's agenda comes out in everything he says and everything he does. I'd think that an expatriate American pastor in an international church in Dubai would get a little bit of exposure, even in general conversation, about Putin. Most everyone I know who lives in the Middle East, including a former employee of mine who is currently working in Dubai, have a heightened awareness of Russian interests and Putin's moves, given the geography. A sixth grader who gets Cs in social studies could figure out that Putin is interested in neutralizing the effect of NATO. He's said it openly enough. Not much mystery about any of it, really. Russian intrigue into the middle east goes back to Czarist days. Trump has succeeded in working more on their behalf than he's accomplished for his own party in Washington. That's not rocket science, that's just paying attention to what is going on. You could come to that conclusion without any political spin.

Trump has lived his life, and conducted his business in the public eye for most of his life. If you think he's a patriotic American who just wants to "make America great again" then you haven't been paying attention. Look at the people who staff his White House. One of them was paid by the Russians to represent their interests in the US, and to support their puppet president in the Ukraine. Another one lied about working for them. This is a pattern. I will not be surprised when it is revealed that he was directly involved with Putin and Russian intelligence in planning how to help him win the election. Right now that is speculation, but it is speculation surrounded by evidence which points directly to it. Some of his fellow Republicans are saying this openly, and I can guess, by their actions, that a lot more of them are thinking it.

The last sentence is one for ROFL. Political left lunacy? Absolutely none of this would be getting any traction at all if the Republicans decided to shut it down. The intelligence agencies don't waste their time on nothing. And the GOP controls both intelligence committees. But don't stop saying that, because it is always good for a laugh. :lol:
Sandy
Sandy

Postby Jon Estes » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:21 am

KeithE wrote:
Jon Estes wrote:

No one is suggesting impeachment follows from merely not liking Trump. I will counter that no one should be suggesting that liking Trump or his programs justifies ignoring his possible culpability in impeachable offenses.

You cannot see what is happening. There is a mass liberal movement (my term) to tie Trump up in investigations... allegations...accusations... ... to hinder his doing the work of and being accepted as a legitimate President. If all of this blew over by tomorrow, the next day would be new accusations and another witch hunt. This is the liberal politician game plan. They have nothing to offer so they attack their enemy.

United States Constitution states in Section 4 that
"The President, Vice President, and all civil Officers of the United States shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other High Crimes and Misdemeanors.”

We see how removed from office Clinton got when impeached.

And... The plan is to look until something is found that might stick. No evidence has been found.

Treason? Maybe, Mueller is to figure that out. Were his “associates" working with Russians on joint US-Russian efforts prior to his inauguration? And was Trump aware of what they were doing? All 17 intel agencies agree that they meddled in a manner that favored Trump. He has shown no interest in fixing Russian meddling in our elections. What if we find out Putin has something on Trump and Trump has been forced to do things according to Russia’s wishes; Trump is already trying to return 2 Russian Embassies to Russia which Obama ordered to punish Russia for meddling. The devil is in the unknown details that Mueller will look into. Treason is an open possibility.

Russia meddled, we can agree but to want to tie Trump to their meddling is a witch hunt. No collusion. How many times does it need to be said. Even Palosi and Waters now stopped that nonsense.

Bribery? Not that I'm aware of, at least not during his presidency.

High Crime and misdemeanors? Probably on several accounts:
- tax evasion (what is he hiding in not providing his tax returns? inappropriate use of loopholes, loans from Russian banks, ....)

No law was broken because he didn't supply his tax records. The ones Maddow got put pie in her face, not Trumps.

- obstruction of justice (did he try to influence investigations of Flynn, or the Trump Campaign? certainly did in at least a soft form)

He said... He said. No proof, just two sides and no one else was in the room. Evidence please. Even what has been stated by Comey is not evidence. His lame, we will let the ones now looking into this decide. If the head of the FBI cannot and does not know if Trump saying... I hope you can see Flynn is a good guy is an obstruction of justice, he needed to be fired. He wasn't even bright enough to know Lynch's "call it a matter, not an investigation" was wrong, or if he did, he followed that wrong.

- release of classified information (subs locations, leak of the nation that provided classified data to Kisylak, Sergev; even Presidents must document releases and the reason for it before leaking)

He had the Presidential right to give whatever information out he wanted. He is the final stop on what is classified and what is not. We may not like it sand it may be a bone head move but he is not guilty of what you want him to be guilty of.

- violations of the emoluments clause (maintaining purview/profits of Trump companies - like hotels/golf resorts, using Mar-o-Largo for $M’s paid for by fed govt, Ivanka’s Chinese branding in exchange for VISAs - a fact that Trump has not acted against). Read here for more.

This just plane ignorant. Even if chose to divest all of his properties and holdings, the time it would take would be longer than the eight years he will be in office. Yeah, I know the spin the I hate Trumpers put on it.

Discouraging investigation into these matters is in itself an “obstruction of justice”.

How did he discourage. Saying I hope you can see Flynn is a great guy is not discouraging. Even Comey said he did not feel Trump was obstructing.

The articles of impeachment for Nixon were:

1) making false or misleading statements to lawfully authorized investigative officers and employees of the United States;

2) withholding relevant and material evidence or information from lawfully authorized investigative officers and employees of the United States;

3) approving, condoning, acquiescing in, and counselling witnesses with respect to the giving of false or misleading statements to lawfully authorized investigative officers and employees of the United States and false or misleading testimony in duly instituted judicial and congressional proceedings;

4) interfering or endeavouring to interfere with the conduct of investigations by the Department of Justice of the United States, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the office of Watergate Special Prosecution Force, and Congressional Committees;

5) approving, condoning, and acquiescing in, the surreptitious payment of substantial sums of money for the purpose of obtaining the silence or influencing the testimony of witnesses, potential witnesses or individuals who participated in such unlawful entry and other illegal activities;

6) endeavouring to misuse the Central Intelligence Agency, an agency of the United States;

7) disseminating information received from officers of the Department of Justice of the United States to subjects of investigations conducted by lawfully authorized investigative officers and employees of the United States, for the purpose of aiding and assisting such subjects in their attempts to avoid criminal liability;

8) making or causing to be made false or misleading public statements for the purpose of deceiving the people of the United States into believing that a thorough and complete investigation had been conducted with respect to allegations of misconduct on the part of personnel of the executive branch of the United States and personnel of the Committee for the Re-election of the President, and that there was no involvement of such personnel in such misconduct: or

9) endeavouring to cause prospective defendants, and individuals duly tried and convicted, to expect favoured treatment and consideration in return for their silence or false testimony, or rewarding individuals for their silence or false testimony.

Each case is different, but one should consider these articles of impeachments as we go forward.

Question for Jon. Is Mueller part of the “political left lunacy”?

As of Mueller, I do not know him or of him. I have no problem with his look see. My problem is when Trump is cleared here, the liberals will find another sin under the first rock they see.

Jon Estes

Postby Jon Estes » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:39 am

Sandy wrote:And the GOP controls both intelligence committees. But don't stop saying that, because it is always good for a laugh. :lol:

Having a conservative leader recently appointed does not mean the control you want to say they have... they have.

In time, all those working in intelligence who think as you do and want to stop Trump will be found and removed.

BUT... Thank for the chuckle... again. :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Jon Estes

Postby KeithE » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:37 am

Jon Estes wrote:
Sandy wrote:And the GOP controls both intelligence committees. But don't stop saying that, because it is always good for a laugh. :lol:

Having a conservative leader recently appointed does not mean the control you want to say they have... they have.

In time, all those working in intelligence who think as you do and want to stop Trump will be found and removed.

BUT... Thank for the chuckle... again. :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Well Jon is right on one score - Richard Burr (D-NC) is not in control of the Senate Select Cmt on Intel and neither is Devin Nunez (R-CA) in control of the House Select Cmt on Intel.

Burr tried to control Kamala Harris (D-CA) and it backfired - she has become a rock star to women and a potential 2020 Presidential candidate.

As the minority leads, Mark Warner (D-VA) and Adam Schiff (D-CA) has been more articulate in the press than the nominal leads.

Angus King (I-MA) has been the most effective questioner.

Jon's second sentence is laughable and probably misframed. Did you really mean that “all those working in intelligence ....” would be removed?? Or did you mean “all those on the select intel committees ....” would be removed. Either meaning is laughable.

If anything Burr (R-NC) was a mild loser for rudely cutting off Ms. Harris.

Rubio (R-FL) was a loser for light questioning and downplaying Trump’s pressure on Comey - where was the “Trump is a con man” attitude he had during the campaign (he was spot on). It was a lost opportunity for Rubio- he coward.

And worse (and sadly) John McCain (R-AZ) was a loser - he was incoherent.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:14 am

Both intelligence committees also have a majority of Republican members. Jon can argue his way through, around and over this, but the fact of the matter is that the Republicans, not the Democrats, have control of this investigation, including the appointment of the independent counsel. I know it is difficult for some people to imagine that a man who has openly lived a life evidenced by corruption, adultery, cheating and vice, and not only doesn't care, but brags about it, would actually be under investigation after becoming President of the United States, also in a corrupt, "beat the system" kind of way involving at least one foreign government, but that's the reality we live with right now. Keep the blinders on, Jon. Wouldn't want to disturb your desert fantasy. :lol: It's probably a good thing you're in the UAR. Truth might actually work its way into your mind if you were over here.

Of course, when polling data doesn't go your way, then the polls are wrong, they oversample Democrats and liberals, they are taken in California not Nebraska, yadda yadda yadda. But the fact of the matter is that independent polls like Quinnipiac and Gallup, and some of the ones which contract with news services and show up in composite sites like RCP, have a record of impeccable accuracy. Both of those mentioned were virtually 100% correct on the eve of the 2016 election, along with the major networks and CNN/USA Today. State by state, margin of error fluctuates a bit because of the size of the electorate, but Quinnipiac in particular hit within their margin of error on the presidential race in every state, including the three that gave Trump the electoral college with fractions of a percent. The margin of error in Pennsylvania was 5%. They picked the senate race within a fraction of a point, and the outcome of the presidential race by less than 2%. Same in the other close states. They were right on with the popular vote, picking Clinton by + or - 3%. So if one of those polls says the President's job approval rating is 35%, and his disapproval is 58%, you can take that to the bank. Otherwise, go find proof that they're wrong, or sit down and be quiet.
Sandy
Sandy

Postby KeithE » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:05 pm

Sandy wrote:Both intelligence committees also have a majority of Republican members. Jon can argue his way through, around and over this, but the fact of the matter is that the Republicans, not the Democrats, have control of this investigation, including the appointment of the independent counsel.

Keith said:
Well Jon is right on one score - Richard Burr (D-NC) is not in control of the Senate Select Cmt on Intel and neither is Devin Nunez (R-CA) in control of the House Select Cmt on Intel.

I think we are using the word “control” in different ways. I will agree that Burr and Nunez (now Conaway) have the responsibility for these committees’s work. But I meant that they are not controlling the political outcome (the court of public opinion) of these committees.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:14 pm

Jon Estes wrote:You can't impeach someone because you don't like them.

Essentially, the House of Representatives can draft articles of impeachment for anything from treason to getting a traffic ticket. They impeached Clinton because they didn't like him. There was no impeachable charge in those articles.

Jon Estes wrote:He has not broken the law.

:lol:

That's what an investigation is all about. That's why there's a special prosecutor. But that's a laugher. You're not paying any attention at all.

Jon Estes wrote:There is no evidence of Trump collusion with the Russians.

Correction. There has been no evidence produced in the public hearings about any specific contact between Trump himself and the Russian agents involved in the interference in the election. There is evidence of at least five of his campaign associates having been involved in unreported, and thus illegal, contact with Russian agents involved in the disruption of the election. There is enough evidence, according to the intelligence agency heads, to investigate what the President knew and when he knew it, whether there is direct collusion, or simply his awareness of it.

Tonight we are hearing reports that Trump is thinking about firing Mueller. Not only would that be a colossal mistake (shades of Nixon) it would be an admission of guilt.
Sandy
Sandy

Postby KeithE » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:44 pm

Predictions (conditional, notice the ifs):

If as is reported that Trump may fire Mueller and he does so, Trump's approval rating will dip.

And if much of the public watches the 'hail to the chief' Cabinet meeting, that will also drop his approval rating.

Not a lot, maybe down to 20-30% (we have a lot of duped people in this country right now).

And then the question becomes, how low can a President go?
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:22 pm

I missed the Hail to the Chief bit, will have to watch it on YouTube.
Haruo (呂須•春男) = ᎭᎷᎣ = Leland Bryant Ross
Repeal the language taxLearn and use Esperanto
Fremont Baptist ChurchMy hymnblog
Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:43 pm

Haruo wrote:I missed the Hail to the Chief bit, will have to watch it on YouTube.

Just click the link above.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:09 am

Rather incredible.
Haruo (呂須•春男) = ᎭᎷᎣ = Leland Bryant Ross
Repeal the language taxLearn and use Esperanto
Fremont Baptist ChurchMy hymnblog
Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Jon Estes » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:31 am

Sandy wrote:
Jon Estes wrote:You can't impeach someone because you don't like them.

Essentially, the House of Representatives can draft articles of impeachment for anything from treason to getting a traffic ticket. They impeached Clinton because they didn't like him. There was no impeachable charge in those articles.

Clinton was impeached because of perjury and obstruction of justice,

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/1998/12/20/us/impeachment-overview-clinton-impeached-he-faces-senate-trial-2d-history-vows-job.html
[/url]

If you cannot even get this matter correct, I have no interest in discussing the rest. A waste of time for someone who has not taken the time to know what he should know. Remember, you are the one who said the man who killed those two with a knife was a right wing loon. Let me know when you want to discuss something more than your regurgitation RMaddow talking points. Even Chris Matthews says the hunt to put Trump and Russia in collusion with each other needs to be dropped. A glimmer of intelligence from the left - about time.

Jon Estes wrote:He has not broken the law.

:lol:

That's what an investigation is all about. That's why there's a special prosecutor. But that's a laugher. You're not paying any attention at all.

Jon Estes wrote:There is no evidence of Trump collusion with the Russians.

Correction. There has been no evidence produced in the public hearings about any specific contact between Trump himself and the Russian agents involved in the interference in the election. There is evidence of at least five of his campaign associates having been involved in unreported, and thus illegal, contact with Russian agents involved in the disruption of the election. There is enough evidence, according to the intelligence agency heads, to investigate what the President knew and when he knew it, whether there is direct collusion, or simply his awareness of it.

Tonight we are hearing reports that Trump is thinking about firing Mueller. Not only would that be a colossal mistake (shades of Nixon) it would be an admission of guilt.
Jon Estes

Postby Jon Estes » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:34 am

KeithE wrote:

Not near as low as you want to paint him.
Jon Estes

Postby Jim » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:52 am

KeithE wrote:

How many ways? Like Obama, he could, without constitutional authority or consulting with Congress (but with Madam Secret-Server) stage an unprovoked attack on a sovereign nation with a population 2 million less than New York City's and bring about an estimated 30,000 to 100,000 dead Libyans. Or, he could, along with Madam Secret-Server, tell survivors of those Americans killed in the Benghazi massacre that “protesters,” instead of an armed well-organized force, perpetrated those murders. Or, like Bubba, he could dally with a twenty-something girl in the oval office and pay $800,000 to another lady for not appreciating his position at the time.
Jim

Postby KeithE » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:12 pm

Jon Estes wrote:
KeithE wrote:

Huh? My opinion of Trump is rather low.

But what I'm talking about is the country’s approval of Trump which is now at 36% as of 6/13/17 (no President since at least Truman has ever been that low this early in their tenure).
http://www.gallup.com/poll/116677/presidential-approval-ratings-gallup-historical-statistics-trends.aspx

How low can it go without popular insurrection? Maybe 25% - that is when Nixon had to resign instead of being impeached (look at link above).

You have to face the facts.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:21 pm

Haruo wrote:Rather incredible.

Explain what this refers to. Did you watch that cabinet meeting? What did it do to you opinion of Trump. To me it was clearly staged and shows how much he needs approval/allegiance/loyalty.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Jon Estes » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:29 pm

KeithE wrote:
Jon Estes wrote:
KeithE wrote:

Huh? My opinion of Trump is rather low.

But what I'm talking about is the country’s approval of Trump which is now at 36% as of 6/13/17 (no President since at least Truman has ever been that low this early in their tenure).
http://www.gallup.com/poll/116677/presidential-approval-ratings-gallup-historical-statistics-trends.aspx

How low can it go without popular insurrection? Maybe 25% - that is when Nixon had to resign instead of being impeached (look at kink above).

Trumps not resigning. If he got to 10%, he would probably still win in 2020. Trust the polls, they showed Hillary till the end.

Fact is, wishful thinking is not facts. Nixon comparisons is stupid. The hunt for evidence continues. No collusion found. If there were any evidence, it would be out there. The left hatred of Trump is obvious, even as Palosi prays daily for him and his success.
Jon Estes

Postby Jim » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:45 pm

KeithE wrote:
Jon Estes wrote:
KeithE wrote:

How low can it go without popular insurrection? Maybe 25%...

Now that would be an exciting way to spend an otherwise boring summer (where are you O.J. and the courtroom hourglasses when we need you?). Perhaps you could gin up Bush 43's cohorts who blew away part of the WTC for a little action and make Bernie the head honcho. Do you suppose he concocted that assassination-of-republicans attempt this morning? He went on TV—okay, in the House on TV—to make it abundantly clear that violence is bad? For an abstract successful assassination-attempt, one had only to watch Sessions yesterday, when he annihilated the committee democrats...the best entertainment in months. The hearing was a textbook example of the good old witch-hunt gone terribly awry. Just imagining insurrectionists operating in the ghost of Che Guerrera [sic?] storming up the steps of the capitol and laying siege to Nancy Pelosi's personal powder-room.
Jim

Next

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues