Independent Special Counsel Appointed in Trump investigation

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: KeithE

Independent Special Counsel Appointed in Trump investigation

Postby Sandy » Wed May 17, 2017 8:11 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/17/us/p ... .html?_r=0

This is moving with lightning speed.

I've had the popcorn and soda out to watch the show for a while now. Looks like I'll need to stock up.
Sandy
Sandy
 
Posts: 8193
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:10 pm
Location: Rural Western Pennsylvania

Re: Independent Special Counsel Appointed in Trump investiga

Postby Jon Estes » Thu May 18, 2017 12:58 am

Sandy wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/17/us/politics/robert-mueller-special-counsel-russia-investigation.html?_r=0

This is moving with lightning speed.

I've had the popcorn and soda out to watch the show for a while now. Looks like I'll need to stock up.


Yes, stock up. This will be and is intended to be a long drawn out process where nothing will be found tying Trump, personally, to any collusion with Russia.

I see it as a good way to let the narrative now be... It is being investigated and the world will have to wait until we finish the investigation... Probably around 2019.

I loved the quote that the independent counsel was not formed because evidence was found... Let's see... no evidence in this repeated again and again and again.

Will there be a continual witch hunt from the left on this or will they stop opining and wait till the investigation is complete?

Nope. Polisi has already said an independent council does not go far enough. She seems to be protecting herself from when it falls flat.

Liberals are sadly funny.
Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
User avatar
Jon Estes
 
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:14 am

Re: Independent Special Counsel Appointed in Trump investiga

Postby KeithE » Thu May 18, 2017 7:02 am

Jon Estes wrote:
Sandy wrote:https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/17/us/politics/robert-mueller-special-counsel-russia-investigation.html?_r=0

This is moving with lightning speed.

I've had the popcorn and soda out to watch the show for a while now. Looks like I'll need to stock up.


Yes, stock up. This will be and is intended to be a long drawn out process where nothing will be found tying Trump, personally, to any collusion with Russia.

I see it as a good way to let the narrative now be... It is being investigated and the world will have to wait until we finish the investigation... Probably around 2019.

I loved the quote that the independent counsel was not formed because evidence was found... Let's see... no evidence in this repeated again and again and again.

Will there be a continual witch hunt from the left on this or will they stop opining and wait till the investigation is complete?

Nope. Polisi has already said an independent council does not go far enough. She seems to be protecting herself from when it falls flat.

Liberals are sadly funny.


Both you guys are predicting the unpredictable.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
http://www.weatherly.org/discoverycenter
User avatar
KeithE
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8409
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:02 pm
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: Independent Special Counsel Appointed in Trump investiga

Postby Sandy » Thu May 18, 2017 10:17 am

Looks like Jon got most of his information from commentary again, and not fact.

The FBI and CIA have already concluded that there is plenty of evidence pointing to Russian interference in the election. And the FBI has already turned up connections to the Trump campaign, and identified persons within the campaign who made contact with the division of Russian intelligence that was responsible for most of the interference. If you've been paying attention, you'd know, from the reactions of Trump administration officials, that someone inside the White House is leaking information, giving the FBI directions as to where to look.

If you don't want to look at "mainstream media" reports, the transcripts of the testimony in both the house and senate intelligence committees, laying out the evidence, can be picked up from CSPAN, or other sources without commentary. To claim that there's no evidence, either of interference or collusion, is patently false. To claim that this is a Democratic smear campaign is also patently false. The Republicans are the majority party in both houses, and have the majority of members on both intelligence committees. If there were "no evidence," they'd simply announce that there was none, and shut this down. So would the Republican-controlled justice department. It might help if someone on the White House staff could control Trump's twitter finger, or keep him from firing people who are in key positions related to the investigation, so obstruction of justice doesn't get added to the charges.

It's not going to be a matter of tying Trump or Pence "personally" to the collusion. It's going to be a matter of "what did he know, and when did he know it??" And whether or not his planned firings of justice department staff, and now the FBI director, is obstruction of justice. Chris Matthews gave a great rundown of all of this, all factual, all documented, all citations of specific testimony, last night. This won't go into 2019, the GOP wants it to be done and over with enough time to hope that memory fades before November 2018 gets here, and so that Ryan and McConnell are still in house and Senate leadership. John McCain stated this is "worse than Watergate." That took 14 months, from the time Nixon fired Cox, to his resignation, prior to being impeached.
Sandy
Sandy
 
Posts: 8193
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:10 pm
Location: Rural Western Pennsylvania

Re: Independent Special Counsel Appointed in Trump investiga

Postby Jon Estes » Thu May 18, 2017 10:41 am

Sandy wrote:Looks like Jon got most of his information from commentary again, and not fact.

The FBI and CIA have already concluded that there is plenty of evidence pointing to Russian interference in the election. And the FBI has already turned up connections to the Trump campaign, and identified persons within the campaign who made contact with the division of Russian intelligence that was responsible for most of the interference. If you've been paying attention, you'd know, from the reactions of Trump administration officials, that someone inside the White House is leaking information, giving the FBI directions as to where to look.

If you don't want to look at "mainstream media" reports, the transcripts of the testimony in both the house and senate intelligence committees, laying out the evidence, can be picked up from CSPAN, or other sources without commentary. To claim that there's no evidence, either of interference or collusion, is patently false. To claim that this is a Democratic smear campaign is also patently false. The Republicans are the majority party in both houses, and have the majority of members on both intelligence committees. If there were "no evidence," they'd simply announce that there was none, and shut this down. So would the Republican-controlled justice department. It might help if someone on the White House staff could control Trump's twitter finger, or keep him from firing people who are in key positions related to the investigation, so obstruction of justice doesn't get added to the charges.

It's not going to be a matter of tying Trump or Pence "personally" to the collusion. It's going to be a matter of "what did he know, and when did he know it??" And whether or not his planned firings of justice department staff, and now the FBI director, is obstruction of justice. Chris Matthews gave a great rundown of all of this, all factual, all documented, all citations of specific testimony, last night. This won't go into 2019, the GOP wants it to be done and over with enough time to hope that memory fades before November 2018 gets here, and so that Ryan and McConnell are still in house and Senate leadership. John McCain stated this is "worse than Watergate." That took 14 months, from the time Nixon fired Cox, to his resignation, prior to being impeached.


1 - No evidence presented of collusion between Trump and Russia and voting.
2 - McCain is loopy.
3 - Leaker needs to be found and dealt with swiftly.
4 - It has been announced on several occasions that there is no collusion. Feinstein is one... Clapper is another... Schiff... Manchin... Maxine Waters (While speaking with the Washington Post’s “Cape Up” podcast, Representative Maxine Waters (D-CA) stated, “I believe that this president has colluded with the Russians,” and vowed to “keep working until he’s impeached.” Later in the interview, she admitted that she hasn’t seen any evidence to back up the collusion charge. --- http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/05/09/waters-i-believe-trump-colluded-with-the-russians-i-havent-seen-any-evidence-to-back-that-up/)

Your lack of ability to see clearly is tiring.
Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
User avatar
Jon Estes
 
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:14 am

Re: Independent Special Counsel Appointed in Trump investiga

Postby Rvaughn » Thu May 18, 2017 10:56 am

Jon Estes wrote:2 - McCain is loopy.
:lol: Surely you'll get no argument there!
User avatar
Rvaughn
 
Posts: 624
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:54 pm
Location: East Texas

Re: Independent Special Counsel Appointed in Trump investiga

Postby Sandy » Thu May 18, 2017 11:02 am

Breitbart? The "we lie for money news service"? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Breitbart screeches like a demon being exorcised when the truth gets close. :lol:

Jon, you're wrong. Deal with it.

There is evidence that there was interference, collusion, and about the only thing that is left is how much did Trump know and when did he know it. We will find out soon enough.

John McCain is loopy? ROFL! I guarantee you, you weren't saying that when he was running against Obama for the presidency. I love to watch the conservative obfuscation, denial, lies and hypocrisy. It's almost as much of a show as watching the Donald and his red faced blubbering.

You need to go back and take a look at Clapper's testimony. He did not deny that there was collusion. Nor did any of the other you mentioned there. They are not saying there is no evidence of collusion, or no connection to the Trump campaign. They are saying that, so far, there hasn't been any evidence presented that directly connects Trump to any of the collusion that was taking place inside his campaign. Slight difference. But again, as they've all said, including the Republicans who were pushing for the independent counsel, it's a matter of finding out how much Trump knew, and when he knew it. Pence too, for that matter.
Sandy
Sandy
 
Posts: 8193
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:10 pm
Location: Rural Western Pennsylvania

Re: Independent Special Counsel Appointed in Trump investiga

Postby Rvaughn » Thu May 18, 2017 12:08 pm

Sandy wrote:John McCain is loopy? ROFL! I guarantee you, you weren't saying that when he was running against Obama for the presidency.
Can't speak for Jon, but I've thought John McCain was "loopy" for about as long as I've heard of him (at least half loopy). I didn't vote for Obama, but I didn't vote for McCain either. Yea, I'm one of those who "throw away their votes."
I love to watch the conservative obfuscation, denial, lies and hypocrisy. It's almost as much of a show as watching the Donald and his red faced blubbering.
Conservatives have no copyright on obfuscation. Which politician is doing it just depends on which foot the shoe is on.
User avatar
Rvaughn
 
Posts: 624
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:54 pm
Location: East Texas

Re: Independent Special Counsel Appointed in Trump investiga

Postby Sandy » Thu May 18, 2017 1:27 pm

Rvaughn wrote:Conservatives have no copyright on obfuscation. Which politician is doing it just depends on which foot the shoe is on.


To a certain extent, yeah. It is what it is. But though conservatives don't have a copyright on obfuscation, they lay claim to having "moral superiority" over those "godless liberals," and they've gone way out on the limb with the "character matters and the other side doesn't have it" mantra that they keep repeating. But circumstances and political expedience has eroded values the right once claimed as their exclusive domain. Many Evangelicals believed Mormons were a cult, and being a cultist was an automatic disqualification from consideration in any kind of venture, until Mitt Romney became the Republican nominee for President. That requirement got dropped for political expediency, and in addition to that, the Mormons gained a lot of ground toward theological legitimacy, and I rarely hear much discussion about it being a cult. With the Donald, all of the years of talking about how much the character of a candidate mattered and how vitally important character was when choosing a candidate have been completely and totally forgotten and abandoned. Getting up on a moral high horse about abortion rights doesn't erase support for business corruption, sexual exploitation and assault, adultery, divorce, and gambling which all comes with support for the Donald. By their own words, and standards that they used to judge others, conservatives, particularly the evangelical right, now own all of that.
Sandy
Sandy
 
Posts: 8193
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:10 pm
Location: Rural Western Pennsylvania

Re: Independent Special Counsel Appointed in Trump investiga

Postby Rvaughn » Thu May 18, 2017 3:27 pm

Yes, both parties and most politicians have their particular brand of obfuscation (and the "third parties" do, too). I'll grant you that Democrats and Republicans are riding different "moral high horses" (whether they are moral or not).
User avatar
Rvaughn
 
Posts: 624
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:54 pm
Location: East Texas

Re: Independent Special Counsel Appointed in Trump investiga

Postby Sandy » Fri May 19, 2017 11:16 am

18.

The number of undisclosed contacts between the Russian intelligence agents responsible for interfering with the election, and Trump campaign officials.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show
http://www.msnbc.com/all
http://www.msnbc.com/hardball
Sandy
Sandy
 
Posts: 8193
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:10 pm
Location: Rural Western Pennsylvania


Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest