Comey Deserved to be Fired, but so does Trump

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: KeithE

Comey Deserved to be Fired, but so does Trump

Postby KeithE » Thu May 11, 2017 7:39 am

Comey deserved to be fired.

1) In July 2016, Comey gave Hillary a pass on gross mishandling of classified information. As one who has handled much classified data, I know I would have been relieved of duty if I had done such mishandling for mere convenience.

2) After announcing that decision not to prosecute Hillary, he sought to defend himself by chastising Hillary for negligence. Not professional.

3) In October 2016, he sought to absolve himself of further concealing Hillary email issues that came to his attention (within 2 weeks of the election) thinking to avoid any criticism of himself and in the process affected the election negatively for Hillary.

4) Why didn’t he feel it necessary to mention ongoing investigation of Trump for Russian collusion! Did he merely believe Hillary would win and therefore unconcerned about covering himself about what he knew about Trump?

5) At that time, he said his agents did not have time to rule of those new found Hillary issues, but they did by Nov 6.

6) He has not hustled the FBI investigation into Russian connections, when the nation clearly needs it to be finished.

7) He failed to accurately correct the partisan exaggeration of Ted Cruz when Cruz incorrectly said there were 100’s to 1000’s classified emails on Weiner’s computer; he merely said those numbers of emails were not necessarily classified. Later in that same day, the FBI agents looking into this matter said there were far fewer emails that reached Weiner’s computer.

8 ) Throughout this time, Comey has been making his decisions on public disclosures on trying to maintain a public stance of non-partisanship instead on the legal facts.

But Trump deserves to be impeached (and removed / fired ) on multiple bases.

In just this case, Trump was enraged about the continued Russian probe last week probably smoldering for months, and asked a reclused Sessions and Rosenstein to write letters asking for Comey’s firing on Monday May 8. Reading these letters: Session's letter dated May 9, Rosenstein's letter, dated May 9, Trump's letter dated May 9 about 4:00pm),

we are asked to believe (1) that Trump was upset over Comey’s ill treatment of Hillary (does not meet the smell test) and (2) that the DoJ had told Trump three times that there was no case against Trump or his associates (subservients telling the boss what he wants to hear when that is clearly not the case).

And then Trump, Pence, Huckabee-Sanders have all lied about the chain of these events to the press (saying Sessions/Rosenstein initiated Comey's firing) - Spicer hid in the bushes.

Then yesterday May 10 Trump accepts two meddling-implicated Russians into his office, barring US news media, but allowing Russian media reporters and takes pictures in the meeting - a security flap for sure. And then we hear he gave the name of a country that heard a classified tip - a security volition for sure.

I’ll make a larger case at impeachment at a later time. 492 lies in 100 days and counting is big among them.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
http://www.weatherly.org/discoverycenter
User avatar
KeithE
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8409
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:02 pm
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: Comey Deserved to be Fired, but so does Trump

Postby Jon Estes » Thu May 11, 2017 8:19 am

KeithE wrote:Comey deserved to be fired.

1) In July 2016, Comey gave Hillary a pass on gross mishandling of classified information. As one who has handled much classified data, I know I would have been relieved of duty if I had done such mishandling for mere convenience.

2) After announcing that decision not to prosecute Hillary, he sought to defend himself by chastising Hillary for negligence. Not professional.

3) In October 2016, he sought to absolve himself of concealing further Hillary email issues that came to his attention thinking to avoid any criticism of himself and in the process affected the election negatively for Hillary.

4) Why didn’t he fell it necessary to mention ongoing investigation of Trump for Russian collusion” Did he merely believe Hillary would win and therefore unconcerned about covering himself about what he knew about Trump?

5) At that time, he said his agents did not have time to rule of those new found Hillary issues, but they did by Nov 6.

6) He has not hustled the FBI investigation into Russian connections, when the nation clearly needs it to be finished.

7) He failed to accurately correct the partisan exaggeration of Ted Cruz when Cruz incorrectly said there were 100’s to 1000’s classified emails on Weiner’s computer; he merely said those numbers of emails were not necessarily classified. Later in that same day, the FBI agents looking into this matter said there were far fewer emails that reached Weiner’s computer.

8 ) Throughout this time, Comey has been making his decisions on public disclosures on trying to maintain a public stance of non-partisanship instead on the legal facts.

But Trump deserves to be impeached (and removed / fired ) on multiple bases.

In just this case, Trump was enraged about the continued Russian probe last week probably smoldering for months, and asked a reclused Sessions and Rosenstein to write letters asking for Comey’s firing on Monday May 8. Reading these letters (Session's letter dated May 9, Rosenstein's letter, dated May 9, Trump's letter dated May 9 about 4:00pm), we are asked to believe (1) that Trump was upset over Comey’s ill treatment of Hillary (does not meet the smell test) and (2) that the DoJ had told Trump three times that there was no case against Trump or his associates (subservients telling the boss what he wants to hear when that is clearly not the case). And then Trump, Pence, Huckabee-Sanders have all lied about the chain of these events to the press (saying Sessions/Rosenstein initiated Comey's firing) - Spicer hid in the bushes.

Then yesterday May 10 Trump accepts two tie-implicated Russians into his office, barring US news media, but Russian media reports and takes pictures in the meeting - a security flap for sure.

I’ll make a larger case at impeachment at a later time. 492 lies in 100 days and counting is big among them.


Somebody has a list of grievances for the past may Presidents which they claim are enough reasons to impeach the person. Your list is no different. Clinton showed us impeachment means little. You can be impeached and still remain President.

If you find the need to keep the list of liews up to date, please go for it.

I think we can all agree every President has lied. The question is, at what point (or number on list) does a lie become impeachable? Who gets to make that decision? Which unbiased person gets the honor of going through the lie list to determine if they all are accurate lies?
Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
User avatar
Jon Estes
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:14 am

Re: Comey Deserved to be Fired, but so does Trump

Postby Jim » Sat May 13, 2017 3:22 pm

KeithE wrote:Comey deserved to be fired.


492 lies in 100 days and counting is big among them.


The lies, counter-lies, and the counting of either, silly at best and misleading at worst since one man’s lie is another man’s gospel and vice versa, is not important – or even possible – in the “swamp of Washington.” Political parties and individuals have their agendas and ambitions, and devolve to the lowest common denominator of behavior when stymied in their goals. In the vast country between the coast-states, the swamp is relatively unimportant and the distrust of government—any government—is ingrained. The Obama administration could be characterized as organized deceit, while the current administration as chaotic deceit. The truth, besides hardly ever being knowable, is relatively unimportant in the swamp. Obama stirred the pot largely through surrogates. Trump stirs it himself, probably by design. His detractors run around like headless chickens headed for the french-fry basket after a thorough plucking. Trump’s every word is parsed by the MM, then re-parsed ad infinitum until it is awarded the certain ominous threat to the world that invites Armageddon. The latest word is “tape,” which the MM has characterized as dastardly as Nixon/Watergate, as if presidents with any sense haven’t arranged for absolute deniability or confirmation, whichever is applicable, concerning all decisions. The current madness is the MM obsession with an alleged collusion of the Trump campaign team with the Russians to throw the election to Trump, when, actually, Putin probably was rooting for Hillary, whom he played like a fiddle, not least because of her efforts to affect his reelection a while back when she was state secretary. Just yesterday on TV, former DNI Clapper insisted again that there is no evidence that any collusion ever took place, after claiming the same thing under oath in a hearing earlier this week, this after some 10 months of “investigating.” All intel agencies report to him, including the FBI, but this has totally stymied both the democrats and the MM, thus the clamor for everything from a special prosecutor to the hangman. Obama’s deceit was either designed or occurred through ignorance (your doctor, Benghazi, etc.). Trump believes what he says, whether true or not, and exaggeration is his stock in trade. If facts get messed up, he doesn’t care, and apparently, most citizens don’t, either. I just listen and grin because I know that everything the MM and democrats do accrues to only one thing—losing the election. In their bitterness, they will constantly attack and Trump and his gang will just move on beyond their relentless attempt to shut down everything.
Jim
 
Posts: 3606
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:44 pm
Location: Lexington, Ky.

Re: Comey Deserved to be Fired, but so does Trump

Postby Haruo » Sat May 13, 2017 3:45 pm

I'm inclined to view Obama a bit less negatively and Trump a bit more seriously than Jim, but overall I think there's a lot of truth in that last post.
Haruo (呂須•春男) = ᎭᎷᎣ = Leland Bryant Ross
Repeal the language taxLearn and use Esperanto
Fremont Baptist ChurchMy hymnblog
User avatar
Haruo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11698
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:21 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Comey Deserved to be Fired, but so does Trump

Postby Sandy » Sat May 13, 2017 9:22 pm

Comey had requested expansion of FBI resources for the Russian collusion investigation, because the department heads of the intelligence agencies all report there is evidence which needs to be investigated and evaluated. In response to a question from Senator Feinstein, Clapper acknowledged that the agencies had evidence to warrant an investigation. Apparently, there'e enough to start issuing subpoenas, and of course, they've already got the information on Manafort, Flynn and Page. Flynn has already jumped ahead and offered testimony in exchange for immunity from prosecution, and Page lawyered up.

To dismiss this as partisan resentment on the part of the Democrats over the election is to lack any kind of understanding of what is going on, and is buying into the conservative media's deception and deflection. Every intelligence agency head in the country has affirmed that the Russians were directly involved in hacking email accounts, including in the DNC, and dumping masses of fake documents purporting to be communication between party officials with the clear intent of swaying voters in the election. The only reason anyone would not be demanding an independent investigation into this whole thing, including the Trump campaign officials who were clearly involved, is that they are putting party over country. The old mantra of blaming the mainstream media for creating a crisis, and for having a liberal bias is a crock of baloney. Prove with facts that they are wrong and slanted. I've repeatedly said that here, and none of the conservatives have produced a scrap of evidence, in the face of facts that several of us post regularly. If the Democrats had done this, not only would the conservative media be playing the video clips 24/7, but the GOP would be screaming for an independent investigation. Look at all the taxpayer money and time they wasted on their eight or nine Benghazi investigations, when even the official one turned up nothing that warranted the hysteria. Noting that the Republicans have the power to shut down this entire investigation, there are only two things keeping it going. One is that the intelligence agencies keep turning up more evidence. The other is that public pressure is pushing Republicans to keep the House and Senate committees going.

After the campaign, I have a really hard time buying that Trump fired Comey because he mistreated Hillary Clinton by talking bad about her to Congress after releasing a report that cleared her. Comey signed off on a report that concluded, from the evidence gathered in the investigation, that there was not enough to support the charges and that all of the emails in her private server, including the 30,000 that Trump kept insisting were missing, had been accounted for, read, and determined not to be relevant. Then he went to Congress, and left the impression that there was more evidence than the report contained. That was bizarre, and improper, and probably a significant enough violation to warrant his dismissal then, since his comments were not consistent with the report that bore his signature. But the Trump campaign never acknowledge the facts of the report. So now he sympathizes, says she was mistreated and was wronged in order to throw Comey under the bus. Yeah, right.
Sandy
Sandy
 
Posts: 8191
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:10 pm
Location: Rural Western Pennsylvania

Re: Comey Deserved to be Fired, but so does Trump

Postby David Flick » Sun May 14, 2017 12:39 am

Haruo wrote:I'm inclined to view Obama a bit less negatively and Trump a bit more seriously than Jim, but overall I think there's a lot of truth in that last post.

    I don't comment publicly on secular politics, but I'm in complete agreement with Jim's post. He nailed it to the wall.
User avatar
David Flick
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8414
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:55 pm
Location: Oklahoma City, OK

Re: Comey Deserved to be Fired, but so does Trump

Postby JE Pettibone » Sun May 14, 2017 4:39 pm

David Flick wrote:
Haruo wrote:I'm inclined to view Obama a bit less negatively and Trump a bit more seriously than Jim, but overall I think there's a lot of truth in that last post.

    I don't comment publicly on secular politics, but I'm in complete agreement with Jim's post. He nailed it to the wall.


Ed: David to me that sounds a bit like double talk but I agree with your evaluation of this particular post by Jim.
JE Pettibone
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:48 am

Re: Comey Deserved to be Fired, but so does Trump

Postby Sandy » Sun May 14, 2017 8:09 pm

Blaming the nebulous and undefined "mainstream media" actually goes back to Nixon, who didn't welcome the scrutiny. Over time, conservatives have made "mainstream media" a scapegoat to blame anything that doesn't suit their prejudices and biases. Even if the mainstream media were as bad, or as biased, as claimed, and I see no evidence offered whatsoever to prove that point, the response would not be to create a "conservative media" that is less professional, less factual, and more founded in commentary aimed at relegating those who hold a different perspective to second class status than to restoring balance and accountability.

Jim's rant is full of cliches and standard complains. Every president lies, everyone is corrupt, Washington is a swamp, everyone is out for themselves, and we ought to just sit down and take what we've got because it's not different than what we had, yadda, yadda, yadda. Those are easy things to say, but that whole attitude is a cop-out. It's an excuse to dismiss anything that you don't understand, or don't want to, and go back to your couch or chair to be willfully ignorant, and apathetically uninvolved. It's caving in to the idea that you're not going to make a difference anyway, so why try? It is an attitude based subjectively on feelings, and a perception based on picking and choosing what you want to hear, and what you don't. It's easy to sit around and whine, and it doesn't require anything of us. We live in an age where we can find straight up information, without any media interpretation, but that takes effort, and once we find the truth, it requires action, not a dismissive rant.

If you read much of what Jim posted here, related to politics, his comments and choice of words made his racial views very clear. Racial perspective has a powerful affect on perspective, it skews the ability to discern facts, and it destroys objectivity. Jim's obvious perspective on that subject singularly dismisses his credibility in that post above, as far as I am concerned. I'll make no further comment on that.
Sandy
Sandy
 
Posts: 8191
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:10 pm
Location: Rural Western Pennsylvania

Re: Comey Deserved to be Fired, but so does Trump

Postby KeithE » Sun May 14, 2017 10:40 pm

Jim wrote:
KeithE wrote:Comey deserved to be fired.

492 lies in 100 days and counting is big among them.


The lies, counter-lies, and the counting of either, silly at best and misleading at worst since one man’s lie is another man’s gospel and vice versa, is not important – or even possible – in the “swamp of Washington.”


Lies, falsehoods and misleading statements by a President is not a “silly” matter. Read the link above.

Jim wrote:The Obama administration could be characterized as organized deceit, while the current administration as chaotic deceit. The truth, besides hardly ever being knowable, is relatively unimportant in the swamp. Obama stirred the pot largely through surrogates. Trump stirs it himself, probably by design.

There was some organized deceit in Obama’s quiet militarism and war of terror; on that I will agree.

But the “if you like your insurance, you can keep it" was not a lie since he was referring to those who had group insurance and nothing in the ObamaCare bill changed that. Truth was that if one were between jobs or laid off, they did not keep their same insurance that they may have liked, but at least they now had options.

Trump’s chaotic deceit is evident. And he may even believe some of it (e.g. (1) that he had the largest crowd of any inaugural, or (2) that there were 3 million fraudulent voters in the election and they all voted for Hillary, thus he really had the the majority of votes, (3) Comey is a grandstander and showboat, (4) the FBI is in chaos, (5) he was wiretapped/surveilled by Obama, etc. ). To the degree he actually believes some of his absurd/unfounded claims, he is delusional; otherwise he is playing to his base.

Jim wrote: Just yesterday on TV, former DNI Clapper insisted again that there is no evidence that any collusion ever took place, after claiming the same thing under oath in a hearing earlier this week, this after some 10 months of “investigating.”


That is clearly untrue - Read this. Key extracts:
Clapper also said Sunday that the President and the White House are wrong to cite Clapper's previous Senate testimony on the questions about alleged collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia as proof that no such collusion exists, emphasizing that no one should portray his comments as "exculpatory" -- something Trump has done repeatedly on Twitter.


"The bottom line is I don't know if there was collusion, political collusion," Clapper told Tapper. "I don't know of any evidence to it. So I can't refute it, and I can't confirm it."


And there was nothing in Clapper’s testimony that indicated he even had any purview of whether or not Trump or his campaign had colluded with the Russians or that Trump was himself a “target” of the investigation (as Trump has claimed Clapper had said). Certainly he did not “insist” that there was no collusion as Jim says. I just read through this testimony and Clapper deferred to the FBI on any counterintelligence investigation conclusions until it was completed (which it is not).

BTW, when Comey testifies under oath we will understand more about what was said at his dinner with Trump. Trump has tweeted that he just may have a tape that will settle the matter (which he could produce at any moment, but hasn't).

Clapper’s and Comey’s supposed statement that Trump is not a target is just another Trump “hoped for” delusion (or play to his duped base via Fox News).

Jim wrote:Trump believes what he says, whether true or not, and exaggeration is his stock in trade. If facts get messed up, he doesn’t care, and apparently, most citizens don’t, either.

Jim is right here and that is a total shame. But I think most citizens are seeing through many of Trump's statements/tweets. Poll - March 22:

Perception of Trump's honesty and leadership skills were among the personal qualities gauged by the poll. Of those answering, 35 percent said Trump was honest, down slightly from 39 percent earlier in the month and a high of 42 percent on February 7.


I suspect it has gotten worse since the Comey incident, but could not find later poll specifically on his honesty.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
http://www.weatherly.org/discoverycenter
User avatar
KeithE
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8409
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:02 pm
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: Comey Deserved to be Fired, but so does Trump

Postby Sandy » Sun May 14, 2017 11:16 pm

KeithE wrote:I suspect it has gotten worse since the Comey incident, but could not find later poll specifically on his honesty.


I'm not sure one has been conducted yet, or released if it has been. But this week's Quinnipiac poll that shows his job approval falling to 36%, and disapproval at 58% also shows that his base is beginning to fade in their fervor.
Sandy
Sandy
 
Posts: 8191
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:10 pm
Location: Rural Western Pennsylvania

Re: Comey Deserved to be Fired, but so does Trump

Postby KeithE » Sun May 14, 2017 11:47 pm

Sandy wrote:
KeithE wrote:I suspect it has gotten worse since the Comey incident, but could not find later poll specifically on his honesty.


I'm not sure one has been conducted yet, or released if it has been. But this week's Quinnipiac poll that shows his job approval falling to 36%, and disapproval at 58% also shows that his base is beginning to fade in their fervor.

Technically you are right about his approval rating being at 36% for May 4-9 (before Comey's firing on May 10), but he has been at 36% approval rating before (Jan 25 and Feb 22). It has wavered between 36 and 40% since Jan 25. That's within the margin of error for the numbers polled. Not much change. Opinions continue to be very strongly held.

Read Quinnipiac tracking poll on Trump’s approval rating. Page down and look at plot.

I would think the Comey incident would lower his honesty rating as well as his approval rating, since on the specific question about Comey’s firing, only 29% approved of the firing, 38% disapproved and 33% don’t know enough. But one never knows for sure.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
http://www.weatherly.org/discoverycenter
User avatar
KeithE
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8409
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:02 pm
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: Comey Deserved to be Fired, but so does Trump

Postby David Flick » Mon May 15, 2017 3:06 am

Haruo wrote:I'm inclined to view Obama a bit less negatively and Trump a bit more seriously than Jim, but overall I think there's a lot of truth in that last post.

    David: I don't comment publicly on secular politics, but I'm in complete agreement with Jim's post. He nailed it to the wall.
    JE Pettibone wrote:Ed: David to me that sounds a bit like double talk but I agree with your evaluation of this particular post by Jim.

      David: You're right, Ed, it is double talk on my part. My bad. I should have said that I comment on secular politics in limited fashion, which would be true.
User avatar
David Flick
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8414
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:55 pm
Location: Oklahoma City, OK

Re: Comey Deserved to be Fired, but so does Trump

Postby Sandy » Mon May 15, 2017 9:40 am

Most polls that use similar methods and numbers of responses wind up in the same general ball park. Depending on the margin of error, Gallup and Quinnipiac usually run pretty close. The figure I hear cited regarding the percentage of Trump's base that continues to support him at this point, up until a couple of weeks ago, was 96%. But what does that actually say? Losing 4% of your base within 100 days of taking office isn't a good thing, especially when your candidacy only accounted for 46% of the total vote. Trump won electoral votes in 6 states by less than 4% of the vote, three of those by a fraction of one percentage point, so a 4% drop in base support would be significant.

There's no basis for questioning the accuracy of most polls, and Quinnipiac is right up there with some of the more well known pollsters. Factoring in their margin of error, they were as accurate as any other poll on election day. They had Clinton up by 2 nationally, getting that almost on the numbers. They picked every state easily within the margin of error, and got all but two of the Senate races correct, but still within the margin of error.
Sandy
Sandy
 
Posts: 8191
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:10 pm
Location: Rural Western Pennsylvania

Re: Comey Deserved to be Fired, but so does Trump

Postby Jon Estes » Mon May 15, 2017 2:02 pm

Sandy wrote:Most polls that use similar methods and numbers of responses wind up in the same general ball park. Depending on the margin of error, Gallup and Quinnipiac usually run pretty close. The figure I hear cited regarding the percentage of Trump's base that continues to support him at this point, up until a couple of weeks ago, was 96%. But what does that actually say? Losing 4% of your base within 100 days of taking office isn't a good thing, especially when your candidacy only accounted for 46% of the total vote. Trump won electoral votes in 6 states by less than 4% of the vote, three of those by a fraction of one percentage point, so a 4% drop in base support would be significant.

There's no basis for questioning the accuracy of most polls, and Quinnipiac is right up there with some of the more well known pollsters. Factoring in their margin of error, they were as accurate as any other poll on election day. They had Clinton up by 2 nationally, getting that almost on the numbers. They picked every state easily within the margin of error, and got all but two of the Senate races correct, but still within the margin of error.



No poll needed. Hillary lost. Trump won.

Will be passing out cheese next week.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :D
Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
User avatar
Jon Estes
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:14 am

Re: Comey Deserved to be Fired, but so does Trump

Postby Sandy » Mon May 15, 2017 5:50 pm

Jon Estes wrote:
Sandy wrote:Most polls that use similar methods and numbers of responses wind up in the same general ball park. Depending on the margin of error, Gallup and Quinnipiac usually run pretty close. The figure I hear cited regarding the percentage of Trump's base that continues to support him at this point, up until a couple of weeks ago, was 96%. But what does that actually say? Losing 4% of your base within 100 days of taking office isn't a good thing, especially when your candidacy only accounted for 46% of the total vote. Trump won electoral votes in 6 states by less than 4% of the vote, three of those by a fraction of one percentage point, so a 4% drop in base support would be significant.

There's no basis for questioning the accuracy of most polls, and Quinnipiac is right up there with some of the more well known pollsters. Factoring in their margin of error, they were as accurate as any other poll on election day. They had Clinton up by 2 nationally, getting that almost on the numbers. They picked every state easily within the margin of error, and got all but two of the Senate races correct, but still within the margin of error.



No poll needed. Hillary lost. Trump won.

Will be passing out cheese next week.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :D


You made the statement on another thread that the American people "are coming around to Trump." Yep, they are coming around to his inept incompetence, and corruption. Those are numbers to celebrate. Your guy is obviously doing a great job...at absolutely nothing.
Sandy
Sandy
 
Posts: 8191
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:10 pm
Location: Rural Western Pennsylvania

Re: Comey Deserved to be Fired, but so does Trump

Postby KeithE » Mon May 15, 2017 7:06 pm

Sandy wrote:
You {Jon Estes} made the statement on another thread that the American people "are coming around to Trump." Yep, they are coming around to his inept incompetence, and corruption.


And now his loose lips.
Trump shared classified info to Russians
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
http://www.weatherly.org/discoverycenter
User avatar
KeithE
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8409
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:02 pm
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: Comey Deserved to be Fired, but so does Trump

Postby JE Pettibone » Mon May 15, 2017 11:55 pm

KeithE wrote:
Sandy wrote:
You {Jon Estes} made the statement on another thread that the American people "are coming around to Trump." Yep, they are coming around to his inept incompetence, and corruption.


And now his loose lips.
Trump shared classified info to Russians


Ed: Note Keirh the report to which you have linked says "Two former officials knowledgeable of the situation confirmed to CNN that the main points of the Post story are accurate: The President shared classified information with the Russian foreign minister." The White House says the story is false. Sounds like "he said, she said ", to me. To accept the report I need to know more, who are the two former officials and why are they "former".

Freedom of the press also, requires a responciable press, and I am not persuaded that release of this story as quoted is responciable.
JE Pettibone
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:48 am

Re: Comey Deserved to be Fired, but so does Trump

Postby KeithE » Tue May 16, 2017 8:49 am

JE Pettibone wrote:
KeithE wrote:
Sandy wrote:
You {Jon Estes} made the statement on another thread that the American people "are coming around to Trump." Yep, they are coming around to his inept incompetence, and corruption.


And now his loose lips.
Trump shared classified info to Russians


Ed: Note Keirh the report to which you have linked says "Two former officials knowledgeable of the situation confirmed to CNN that the main points of the Post story are accurate: The President shared classified information with the Russian foreign minister." The White House says the story is false. Sounds like "he said, she said ", to me. To accept the report I need to know more, who are the two former officials and why are they "former".

Freedom of the press also, requires a responciable press, and I am not persuaded that release of this story as quoted is responciable.


What do you think this morning after Trump's tweet?
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
http://www.weatherly.org/discoverycenter
User avatar
KeithE
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8409
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:02 pm
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: Comey Deserved to be Fired, but so does Trump

Postby JE Pettibone » Tue May 16, 2017 9:18 am

KEITH:: And now his loose lips.
Trump shared classified info to Russians

Ed: Note KeiTh the report to which you have linked says "Two former officials knowledgeable of the situation confirmed to CNN that the main points of the Post story are accurate: The President shared classified information with the Russian foreign minister." The White House says the story is false. Sounds like "he said, she said ", to me. To accept the report I need to know more, who are the two former officials and why are they "former".

Freedom of the press also, requires a responciable press, and I am not persuaded that release of this story as quoted is responciable.

What do you think this morning after Trump's tweet?

Ed: Haven't seen it
JE Pettibone
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:48 am

Re: Comey Deserved to be Fired, but so does Trump

Postby Sandy » Tue May 16, 2017 9:28 am

What McMasters is "denying" isn't the problem. Take a look and see what the facts are.

http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word

It's in the segment called "White House Defends Trump." Seems like there's a little bit of diversion there away from the real issue.
Sandy
Sandy
 
Posts: 8191
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:10 pm
Location: Rural Western Pennsylvania

Re: Comey Deserved to be Fired, but so does Trump

Postby Jon Estes » Tue May 16, 2017 2:23 pm

Sandy wrote:What McMasters is "denying" isn't the problem. Take a look and see what the facts are.

http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word

It's in the segment called "White House Defends Trump." Seems like there's a little bit of diversion there away from the real issue.


MSNBC = facts = ROFLOL

Tell us specifically what he gave away? Not someone's opinion... which get confused with facts too often here.
Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
User avatar
Jon Estes
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:14 am

Re: Comey Deserved to be Fired, but so does Trump

Postby Jon Estes » Tue May 16, 2017 2:26 pm

Sandy wrote:
Jon Estes wrote:
Sandy wrote:Most polls that use similar methods and numbers of responses wind up in the same general ball park. Depending on the margin of error, Gallup and Quinnipiac usually run pretty close. The figure I hear cited regarding the percentage of Trump's base that continues to support him at this point, up until a couple of weeks ago, was 96%. But what does that actually say? Losing 4% of your base within 100 days of taking office isn't a good thing, especially when your candidacy only accounted for 46% of the total vote. Trump won electoral votes in 6 states by less than 4% of the vote, three of those by a fraction of one percentage point, so a 4% drop in base support would be significant.

There's no basis for questioning the accuracy of most polls, and Quinnipiac is right up there with some of the more well known pollsters. Factoring in their margin of error, they were as accurate as any other poll on election day. They had Clinton up by 2 nationally, getting that almost on the numbers. They picked every state easily within the margin of error, and got all but two of the Senate races correct, but still within the margin of error.



No poll needed. Hillary lost. Trump won.

Will be passing out cheese next week.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :D


You made the statement on another thread that the American people "are coming around to Trump." Yep, they are coming around to his inept incompetence, and corruption. Those are numbers to celebrate. Your guy is obviously doing a great job...at absolutely nothing.


Your girl is a statistic, no job.

Fact - Trump is President.
Fact - You are spitting in the wind thinking he's going to be removed or stopped.
Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
User avatar
Jon Estes
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:14 am


Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest