[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Health Care Options

Health Care Options

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Re: Health Care Options

Postby David Flick » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:46 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:06 am

1. We do not live in Old Testament times, nor in a theocracy connected to God with a covenant. I believe God's will is represented by the transformation of individual lives by grace through faith in Christ. I believe God permits humanity to exercise the free will he gave that is inherently a part of creation. While we take them seriously, elections in America are but a small part of human history. Elections are the result of the exercise of human free will, not manipulated by God, so the election of Hillary would have been no more, or less, the will of God than the election of the buffoon.
2. See #1. No.
4. I hear a lot of talk about "America getting right with God." But the idea of some kind of collective, national repentance doesn't fit with the gospel, which is a message of individual repentance. It is God's will that "all come to repentance, and that none should perish." He's done that through Jesus, not through negotiating covenants with nations. A correct statement would be a desire to see "more Americans get right with God."
5. "Us" would be humanity, collectively, or individually.

Long before this election, Trump had proven himself to be far more corrupt, dishonest, immoral, and a pathological liar than Hillary Clinton. I think we're about to see much worse than what he's exhibited so far. I just hope he doesn't do permanent damage to the country.
Sandy

Postby KeithE » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:30 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:14 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:09 pm

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:37 pm

:)

Actually, I did give that some thought. There's a Methodist church about 6 miles away, a country church on the outer edge of a larger town where I've spoken on a couple of occasions on behalf of the school, and really enjoyed the worship and the fellowship. It seems every time I've been invited, they've had a dinner after church. Of course, it helps that several school families attend there, but its a friendly group, the preaching is excellent, and it is always a good experience. Had I not become comfortable with the Quakers, it would have been a consideration.
Sandy

Postby KeithE » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:30 pm

Here are the cities:

Locations and times detailed

Berkeley, CA
Orange County, CA
Los Angeles, CA
Idyllwild, CA
Riverside, CA
West Covina, CA
Boulder, CO
Denver, CO
Washington, DC
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Jacksonville, FL
Naples, FL
St. Petersburg, FL
Tampa, FL
The Villages, FL (Central FL)
West Palm Beach, FL
Atlanta, GA
Honolulu, HI
Elgin, IL
Louisville, KY
Frederick, MD
Boston, MA
Pittsfield, MA
Minneapolis, MN
St. Louis, MO
Kansas City, MO
Las Vegas, NV
Concord, NH
Albuquerque, NM
New York, NY
Charlotte, NC
Greensboro, NC
Cleveland, OH
Dayton, OH
Toledo, OH
Roseburg, OR
Corvallis, OR
Philadelphia, PA
Memphis, TN
Austin, TX
Virginia Beach, VA
Seattle, WA
Fond du Lac, WI

How about it, Haruo in Seattle? and Dave in Virginia Beach? and William in Atlanta??, ET in Memphis???
I have plans to go to a Mosque Open House Saturday, else I'd go to Atlanta.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:32 am

I'll be singing on Bainbridge Island, there, till 4 so by the time I'm back in town, it will be winding down if not over. Also, I have doubts about the safety/ethics of holding a mass rally in a functioning ER. So I would likely stay away even if I were in town.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby JE Pettibone » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:52 am

JE Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:02 am

According to the list of locations and other details Keith posted, the Seattle rally is going to take place at the University Hospital Emergency Department. I would hate to be part of a political protest that actually killed a person who might have been saved if we had not physically blocked her access to needed medical care.

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues