Pathological Liar

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: KeithE

Re: Pathological Liar

Postby Sandy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:04 pm

Still nothing but assertions. No facts. As expected.
Sandy
Sandy

Postby KeithE » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:42 pm

Business Week article about Trump’s Business record is summarized here. And given here.

I could spend time quoting snippets but I realized most all of the Business Week article very much shows Trump is a serial liar.

And since his inauguration he nows stands at 417 lies.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:42 pm

It stands at 488 falsehoods or misleading statements in the 100 days. Almost 5 a day.

488 falsehoods from a President
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:37 am

Just realized we don’t have to continue counting!
492 lies

New American Standard Bible (most literal) Matt 18:21-22
21 Then Peter came and said to Him, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?” 22 Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:44 am

Yawn
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog, SBC Plodder
William Thornton
Site Admin

Another list

Postby KeithE » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:39 am

It is not only the Wash Post. Here is the NYTimes List

Defenders of Trump should wake up and take note of past lies. Then carefully question his future statements.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:00 am

Yawn.

The thinking is that trump voters are stupid and would be cured of that if they would only listen to libs and lib outlets. Keep working at it. Maybe that's a winning campaign strategy.

She lost.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog, SBC Plodder
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:05 am

William Thornton wrote:Yawn.

The thinking is that trump voters are stupid and would be cured of that if they would only listen to libs and lib outlets. Keep working at it. Maybe that's a winning campaign strategy.

She lost.

I see how much thought you have put into the matter. How many lies will be acceptable to you and other Trump defenders? How long will you look the other way?! This is not acceptable for a President!

I’m supporting impeachment/removal, not a re-election and there are no shed tears over Hillary’s loss on my part.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Jon Estes » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:56 am

KeithE wrote:

She lost.

I see how much thought you have put into the matter. How many lies will be acceptable to you and other Trump defenders? How long will you look the other way?! This is not acceptable for a President!

I’m supporting impeachment/removal, not a re-election and there are no shed tears over Hillary’s loss on my part.

Keith - You tell us...How many lies are acceptable? The only true answer would be ZERO. With this as the standard, no one can be in the Presidents office. If 10 lies are acceptable, someone would need to explain why. Then if there is a magic number out there, who gets to set it?

Though it seems that the count is being listed because it is Trump.

When did Gitmo close? Eight years and the lie remained a lie. Gitmo is still open and some who have been released have come back to kill US citizens. Neither Bush or Obama should have let any of them go. Yet, Bush didn't promise to close the gates.
Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
Jon Estes

Postby Haruo » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:40 am

Which people released from Guantanamo have subsequently killed US citizens, and where? Just looking for documentation, not argument.
Haruo (呂須•春男) = ᎭᎷᎣ = Leland Bryant Ross
Repeal the language taxLearn and use Esperanto
Fremont Baptist ChurchMy hymnblog
Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Jon Estes » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:06 am

Haruo wrote:Which people released from Guantanamo have subsequently killed US citizens, and where? Just looking for documentation, not argument.

MILITARY NEWS...

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016/09/17/amid-closure-complications-ex-gitmo-detainees-return-to-terror.html

WASHINGTON POST - One of your rags

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/about-12-released-guantanamo-detainees-implicated-in-deadly-attacks-on-americans/2016/06/08/004d038e-2776-11e6-b989-4e5479715b54_story.html?utm_term=.d960e011e74d

Now... How many lies do find acceptable before you would start impeachment support?

Since you changed the focus of my question to a response that did not speak directly to my question, please re-read again if you need to. I did not say any releasee killed anyone but returned to kill us. So the two links respond directly to my statement more than your question to which I did not speak too.
Jon Estes

Postby Haruo » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:29 am

Jon, I apologize for "changing the focus". The Washington Post is not "one of my rags". I did not vote for Clinton. Etc.
Haruo (呂須•春男) = ᎭᎷᎣ = Leland Bryant Ross
Repeal the language taxLearn and use Esperanto
Fremont Baptist ChurchMy hymnblog
Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:41 pm

Jon Estes wrote:
KeithE wrote:

She lost.

Keith - You tell us...How many lies are acceptable? The only true answer would be ZERO. With this as the standard, no one can be in the Presidents office. If 10 lies are acceptable, someone would need to explain why. Then if there is a magic number out there, who gets to set it?

Though it seems that the count is being listed because it is Trump.

When did Gitmo close? Eight years and the lie remained a lie. Gitmo is still open and some who have been released have come back to kill US citizens. Neither Bush or Obama should have let any of them go. Yet, Bush didn't promise to close the gates.

So now you are expanding the scope to include promises met or not met, not just lies or misleading statements.

Yeah Obama said he would close Gitmo and didn’t do it exactly for the reason that your MILITARTY (sic) NEWS article says (I would have thought you approved of that).

I think I’ll start another post about Trump Promises
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Jon Estes » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:31 pm

Haruo wrote:Jon, I apologize for "changing the focus". The Washington Post is not "one of my rags". I did not vote for Clinton. Etc.

Hauro, the rag comment was to be light heartedly funny.

I'm not overly invested in pro-Trump or anti-Trump. I did not vote for him.

I merely enjoy the banter along with stating my differing position when time allows and I hope I can make a point.

Nothing personal. It's much like when my brothers and I get together, the verbal jousting begins. Just for the fun of the banter.
Jon Estes

Previous

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues