Pathological Liar

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: KeithE

Re: Pathological Liar

Postby JE Pettibone » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:30 am

Sandy wrote::lol:

Nothing of substance to say, I see.

Ed; (tic) Glad to see you agree with Jim.
JE Pettibone

Postby Sandy » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:49 pm

JE Pettibone wrote:

Jim didn't say anything to agree with or disagree with. That's my point. Hard to argue with nothing of substance.
Sandy
Sandy

Postby Jim » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:01 pm

Sandy wrote:
JE Pettibone wrote:

Jim didn't say anything to agree with or disagree with. That's my point. Hard to argue with nothing of substance.

Au contraire!!! You made a profound statement regarding the inferiority of white men in the South to women in the North. That's incredibly substantive and educational. A psychological breakthrough!!!
Jim

Postby Sandy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:00 pm

Jim wrote:Au contraire!!! You made a profound statement regarding the inferiority of white men in the South to women in the North. That's incredibly substantive and educational. A psychological breakthrough!!!

Nah, just an observation that you can't refute.
Sandy
Sandy

Postby Jim » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:41 am

Sandy wrote:
Jim wrote:Au contraire!!! You made a profound statement regarding the inferiority of white men in the South to women in the North. That's incredibly substantive and educational. A psychological breakthrough!!!

Au contraire again, mon ami. This was your example: She [Susan Rice] was one of the best, most competent national security advisors we've ever had.

When she said some three weeks ago that she knew n-o-t-h-i-i-n-g-g about the unmasking/surveillance-of-civilians-activities/leaks and then had a memory enhancement (when outed) and tried to explain what she had actually done, she proved to be yet again a consummate liar in keeping with the hallmark of the Obama administration that used her as a scapegoat for its Benghazi negligence, and exhibited inordinate abundance of wisdom, certainly superior to that of a southern white man who often--accidentally--of course, stumbles and speaks a truth. She likely will become a university president like Ms. Napolitano, who gave us the new definition of a terrorist, i.e., "a man-caused disaster." Don't be so humble. You are a most astute observer of the human condition. I would not dare to refute your conclusions. Perhaps you will describe the inordinate idiocy (real or imagined) of Justice Gorsuch so that the deplorables will not wallow in their ignorance.
Jim

Postby KeithE » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:14 pm

Jim wrote:
Sandy wrote:

Au contraire again, mon ami. This was your example: She [Susan Rice] was one of the best, most competent national security advisors we've ever had.

When she said some three weeks ago that she knew n-o-t-h-i-i-n-g-g about the unmasking/surveillance-of-civilians-activities/leaks and then had a memory enhancement (when outed) and tried to explain what she had actually done, she proved to be yet again a consummate liar in keeping with the hallmark of the Obama administration that used her as a scapegoat for its Benghazi negligence, and exhibited inordinate abundance of wisdom, certainly superior to that of a southern white man who often--accidentally--of course, stumbles and speaks a truth. She likely will become a university president like Ms. Napolitano, who gave us the new definition of a terrorist, i.e., "a man-caused disaster." Don't be so humble. You are a most astute observer of the human condition. I would not dare to refute your conclusions. Perhaps you will describe the inordinate idiocy (real or imagined) of Justice Gorsuch so that the deplorables will not wallow in their ignorance.

Politifact Ruling: Susan Rice did not necessarily lie about unmasking Trump
In context, she was answering - Was Trump Surveilled? She said No and that was in fact true.

Remember Trump is trying to justify the twitter clam that he was “wiretapped” which Spicer later clarified as “surveilled”. Unmasking "incidental mention" does not amount to “surveillance” or any nefarious action on the part of any Obama official.

Trump continues with "No Comment" and great deflections (even an attack on a foreign front - be that justified or not) about a the very real possibility of colluding with the known Russian meddling in our election (confirmed by 16-17 Intel agencies unanimously). It is undeniable that Trump cheerleaded (in fact called for) Putin and Wikileaks to release Hillary emails (some personal, some official, some possibly classified) - a nefarious act for sure. IOW, Trump called on Russia to meddle in our election. BTW, I think inadvertently there was probably classified information in some of Hillary emails. I did not vote for her either.

We must keep on getting to the bottom of this possible/likely collusion as well as Trump’s tax returns.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
http://www.weatherly.org/discoverycenter
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:52 pm

K: Trump called on Russia to meddle in our election.

Maybe 150 million citizens besides you recognized the joke he was making, referencing the thousands of "lost" emails on Hillary's secret servers here and there and read by government-hackers worldwide. He knew the Russians needed no excuse for meddling in other governmental affairs, just like I hope the CIA does 24/7, something all other countries' intel folks do in one way or another.
Jim

Postby KeithE » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:31 pm

Jim wrote:K: Trump called on Russia to meddle in our election.

Maybe 150 million citizens besides you recognized the joke he was making, referencing the thousands of "lost" emails on Hillary's secret servers here and there and read by government-hackers worldwide. He knew the Russians needed no excuse for meddling in other governmental affairs, just like I hope the CIA does 24/7, something all other countries' intel folks do in one way or another.

Some “joke”.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

More news just out

Postby KeithE » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:52 pm

More news just out - there was a FISA Court action last summer to allow surveillance on Carter Page concerning his contacts with Russia. That is a high bar to grant surveillance on a a US citizen. Not granted just on suspicions.

And note this cannot be what Trump tweeted about that Saturday morning when he tweeted (in order):

Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!
5:35 AM - 4 Mar 2017

Shouldn't he be specific and accurate before making such an incendiary claim? Who, what when and where. He talked about having “my wires tapped”. And he said it was “just before the victory” not in the summer of 2016.

Is it legal for a sitting President to be "wire tapping" a race for president prior to an election? Turned down by court earlier. A NEW LOW!
5:49 AM - 4 Mar 2017

He cannot say both Obama was turned down by a “court order” and now say - see 'Carter Page was surveilled’ by a court order (FISA being the only court with such powers). The evidence must have been sufficient to reach that high bar. If Page was part of Trump’s campaign, the the Trump campaign is implicated; if Page was not involved in his campaign, he cannot even say someone in his campaign was surveilled - let alone himself.

I'd bet a good lawyer could make a great case out of the fact that President Obama was tapping my phones in October, just prior to Election!
5:52 AM - 4 Mar 2017

Why hasn’t he employed such a lawyer as he has done hundreds (if not thousands) of times. 4095 lawsuits in Trump’s history

How low has President Obama gone to tapp my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!
6:02 AM - 4 Mar 2017

He cannot even spell “tap” right.

Bad morning for Trump.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:18 pm

Jim wrote:K: Trump called on Russia to meddle in our election.

In light of the way the investigation is proceeding, and the evidence that is turning up, looks like the joke was on you.
Sandy
Sandy

Postby KeithE » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:03 am

Jim wrote:Au contraire again, mon ami. This was your example: She [Susan Rice] was one of the best, most competent national security advisors we've ever had.

When she said some three weeks ago that she knew n-o-t-h-i-i-n-g-g about the unmasking/surveillance-of-civilians-activities/leaks and then had a memory enhancement (when outed) and tried to explain what she had actually done, she proved to be yet again a consummate liar in keeping with the hallmark of the Obama administration that used her as a scapegoat for its Benghazi negligence

More new News tonight: Classified docs contradict Nunes surveillance claims, GOP and Dem sources say.

After reviewing documents at the NSA, both GOP and Democratic lawmakers of the Senate and House Intel Committees say:
(1) Obama administration has been vindictaed

After a review of the same intelligence reports brought to light by House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes, both Republican and Democratic lawmakers and aides have so far found no evidence that Obama administration officials did anything unusual or illegal, multiple sources in both parties tell CNN.

(2) Rice also has been vindicated.

Their private assessment contradicts President Donald Trump's allegations that former Obama national security adviser Susan Rice broke the law by requesting the "unmasking" of US individuals' identities. Trump had claimed the matter was a "massive story."

Trump trumpeting an empty story as “massive”.

One congressional intelligence source described the requests made by Rice as "normal and appropriate" for officials who serve in that role to the president.

(3) Nunes was giving Trump political cover and has been neutralized

Critics said Nunes appeared to be giving political cover to Trump in the aftermath of the president's unsubstantiated tweet last month that Obama ordered wiretaps of Trump Tower to spy on him during the campaign.

Nunes' office has not responded to CNN's request for comment.

Nunes last week abruptly recused himself temporarily from the Russia investigation as the House Ethics Committee announced it is investigating whether he revealed classified materials, but he is still serving as chairman of the panel.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:00 am

KeithE wrote:
Jim wrote:Au contraire again, mon ami. This was your example: She [Susan Rice] was one of the best, most competent national security advisors we've ever had.

When she said some three weeks ago that she knew n-o-t-h-i-i-n-g-g about the unmasking/surveillance-of-civilians-activities/leaks and then had a memory enhancement (when outed) and tried to explain what she had actually done, she proved to be yet again a consummate liar in keeping with the hallmark of the Obama administration that used her as a scapegoat for its Benghazi negligence

More new News tonight: Classified docs contradict Nunes surveillance claims, GOP and Dem sources say.

After reviewing documents at the NSA, both GOP and Democratic lawmakers of the Senate and House Intel Committees say:
(1) Obama administration has been vindictaed

After a review of the same intelligence reports brought to light by House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes, both Republican and Democratic lawmakers and aides have so far found no evidence that Obama administration officials did anything unusual or illegal, multiple sources in both parties tell CNN.

(2) Rice also has been vindicated.

Their private assessment contradicts President Donald Trump's allegations that former Obama national security adviser Susan Rice broke the law by requesting the "unmasking" of US individuals' identities. Trump had claimed the matter was a "massive story."

Trump trumpeting an empty story as “massive”.

One congressional intelligence source described the requests made by Rice as "normal and appropriate" for officials who serve in that role to the president.

(3) Nunes was giving Trump political cover and has been neutralized

Critics said Nunes appeared to be giving political cover to Trump in the aftermath of the president's unsubstantiated tweet last month that Obama ordered wiretaps of Trump Tower to spy on him during the campaign.

Nunes' office has not responded to CNN's request for comment.

Nunes last week abruptly recused himself temporarily from the Russia investigation as the House Ethics Committee announced it is investigating whether he revealed classified materials, but he is still serving as chairman of the panel.

Resorting to CNN is tantamount to admitting that DATA is no longer important to you. Propaganda must have its day and CNN directs it toward the Deplorables, the great unwashed among us. Welcome!!!
Jim

Postby David Flick » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:56 am

Jim to Keith wrote:Resorting to CNN is tantamount to admitting that DATA is no longer important to you. Propaganda must have its day and CNN directs it toward the Deplorables, the great unwashed among us. Welcome!!!

Add NPR to the mix of grand propaganda sources. CNN and NPR are two peas of the same pod.
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:17 am

David Flick wrote:
    Jim to Keith wrote:Resorting to CNN is tantamount to admitting that DATA is no longer important to you. Propaganda must have its day and CNN directs it toward the Deplorables, the great unwashed among us. Welcome!!!

Add NPR to the mix of grand propaganda sources. CNN and NPR are two peas of the same pod.

:lol:

Only because they don't agree with your own personal opinion. I agree, they are two peas of the same pod, but they're far more factual and accurate than any of the right wing fake news crap that you guys throw up here. And I do mean throw up.
Sandy
Sandy

Postby David Flick » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:09 am

David Flick wrote:

Sandy wrote: :lol:

Only because they don't agree with your own personal opinion. I agree, they are two peas of the same pod, but they're far more factual and accurate than any of the right wing fake news crap that you guys throw up here. And I do mean throw up.

David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:16 am

You can assert that CNN and NPR are propaganda sources. Proving that would be a bit more difficult. I certainly trust either of them implicitly more than I would trust anything from Rush Limbaugh, or Fox News (rapidly becoming known as the SAB=Sexual Assault Brigade) or anything like Daily Wire, Breitbart, World Net Daily, which are all peddlers of invented, fake news, the new word for propaganda.

Many of your views put you squarely in the center, and perhaps even a bit to the right, of most Oklahoma Southern Baptists, including some of the king makers and some of them who are politicians. Is there a reconciliation down the road somewhere?
Sandy
Sandy

Postby KeithE » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:14 pm

Now it is up to 394 untruths told by Trump since the Inaugural. That’s over 4 documented untruths a day.

Of course David, Jim, Jon Estes will just throw the Washington Post into the same pea pod as NPR and CNN - the pea pod they will ignore even though the Washington Post gives the gory details. They have not even challenged any of these claims of untruth in a specific way.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:07 am

KeithE wrote:Now it is up to 394 untruths told by Trump since the Inaugural. That’s over 4 documented untruths a day.

Of course David, Jim, Jon Estes will just throw the Washington Post into the same pea pod as NPR and CNN - the pea pod they will ignore even though the Washington Post gives the gory details. They have not even challenged any of these claims of untruth in a specific way.

David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Jon Estes » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:58 am

KeithE wrote:Now it is up to 394 untruths told by Trump since the Inaugural. That’s over 4 documented untruths a day.

The link's presentation is sinply stupid. Example... It takes opinion statements by Trump... Style of speaking by Trump and says they are lies. === When he speaks of healthcare presentation not happening and being touted as a failure by the left and simply says - it is not a failure. The leftists just cannot comprehend someone who thinks winner -- never a loser -- lead from the front, bot the back. They want to call him a liar and say he is flip flopping on issues he campaigned on., This ought to have them shouting praise if they believe his first position is evil. They refuse to even find something positive about things he now seems closer to them on because he readjusted his thinking as he was given better information.

Nope - Gotta keep the lying meter running.

I think is is fair to say that the left is more focused on finding fault than seeking truth.

Who was lying to cover up the death of some of our very best in Bengazi?

I can, some can't it seems, understand that not all differing of opinion or worldview makes the one of the parties a liar. What I can't understand is the support of or avoidance of or the passion against the lies about he death of our men in Benghazi.

To me, those 4 lies from Obama, Clinton, Rice and beyond are unforgivable. When Trump lies about the death of Americans to keep face, then lets talk about lies. Until then --- count on

This might not have been such if they would have come clean (which they still have not).
Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
Jon Estes

Postby KeithE » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:41 am

Jon Estes wrote:

The link's presentation is sinply stupid. Example... It takes opinion statements by Trump... Style of speaking by Trump and says they are lies. === When he speaks of healthcare presentation not happening and being touted as a failure by the left and simply says - it is not a failure. The leftists just cannot comprehend someone who thinks winner -- never a loser -- lead from the front, bot the back. They want to call him a liar and say he is flip flopping on issues he campaigned on., This ought to have them shouting praise if they believe his first position is evil. They refuse to even find something positive about things he now seems closer to them on because he readjusted his thinking as he was given better information.

Nope - Gotta keep the lying meter running.

I think is is fair to say that the left is more focused on finding fault than seeking truth.

Who was lying to cover up the death of some of our very best in Bengazi?

I can, some can't it seems, understand that not all differing of opinion or worldview makes the one of the parties a liar. What I can't understand is the support of or avoidance of or the passion against the lies about he death of our men in Benghazi.

To me, those 4 lies from Obama, Clinton, Rice and beyond are unforgivable. When Trump lies about the death of Americans to keep face, then lets talk about lies. Until then --- count on

This might not have been such if they would have come clean (which they still have not).

It would help if you gave the date of the WP purported untruth (that’s how they are catalogued) that you are challenging, so we can get to the bottom of truth/untruth.

If you really want to get to the truth on the Banghazi incident, you need to read The Benghazi Hoax - it is cheap and a quick read. Your discover among many other things that Susan Rice UN testimony emphasized the movie and deliberatively did not mention the Al Qaeda factions in Libya so as to clue them into our planned counterattacks. But I believe you are happy to stay put in your loathing.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:45 am

David Flick wrote:

I’ll look into these matters - I was no fan of Obama either. My sense is that Trump’s lies are more in number and extent.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:16 pm

David Flick wrote:

The silliness of the thread-subject speaks for itself but just a cursory look at your list-items remarks the profoundness of that silliness as if anyone is actually interested in counting anything concerning politicians, especially the truth, half-truths, errors, etc. In any case, the “quality” of the LIE preempts the quantity of the LIES. Obama was a profound liar regarding vital substance (keep your doctor, Benghazi, days not weeks [Libya], red lines [Syria], “evolving” into same-sex marriage just for starters). Or…maybe he was just a bit delusional and actually believed what he threw out there. His expected book of coverups will no doubt furnish the explanations.
Jim

Postby David Flick » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:46 pm

Jim wrote:The silliness of the thread-subject speaks for itself but just a cursory look at your list-items remarks the profoundness of that silliness as if anyone is actually interested in counting anything concerning politicians, especially the truth, half-truths, errors, etc. In any case, the “quality” of the LIE preempts the quantity of the LIES. Obama was a profound liar regarding vital substance (keep your doctor, Benghazi, days not weeks [Libya], red lines [Syria], “evolving” into same-sex marriage just for starters). Or…maybe he was just a bit delusional and actually believed what he threw out there. His expected book of coverups will no doubt furnish the explanations.

Amen to that...
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:06 pm

Jim wrote:The silliness of the thread-subject speaks for itself but just a cursory look at your list-items remarks the profoundness of that silliness as if anyone is actually interested in counting anything concerning politicians, especially the truth, half-truths, errors, etc. In any case, the “quality” of the LIE preempts the quantity of the LIES. Obama was a profound liar regarding vital substance (keep your doctor, Benghazi, days not weeks [Libya], red lines [Syria], “evolving” into same-sex marriage just for starters). Or…maybe he was just a bit delusional and actually believed what he threw out there. His expected book of coverups will no doubt furnish the explanations.

As usual, you make assertions, but unlike Keith, who has put up multiple sources to document the pathological lies that the orange haired buffoon has told, you simply make assertions that you parrot from fake news. You can couch it in whatever kind of rhetoric you choose, or make all the excuses you want, but the "na na na na boo boo Obama did it too" position doesn't change the fact that Donald Trump is a pathological liar, and continued support of him requires compromising one's own perspective of truth. You're in good company, since millions of Evangelicals openly exchanged truth for the Trump lie. The standard is the truth, not the degree or scope of the lies that any previous president might have told.
Sandy
Sandy

Postby Jim » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:10 pm

Sandy wrote:

you simply make assertions that you parrot from fake news.

Yeah, although I also check what you post to make sure you haven't deviated from the CNN line. That way, I can save time by reading either version of the highest-profile fake-news group. CNN tried hard to cheat Hillary into the oval office (poor Brazile had to take the frap for Hillary's fakery) but political fake-news is tough stuff. Ask poor Bernie and try two aspirin and a nap again to help you get over the election.

the "na na na na boo boo Obama did it too" position doesn't change the fact that Donald Trump is a pathological liar

Sounds like a hard-metal rock-band maybe on steroids or even a disease, which may explain Obama's aversion to truth-telling...something missing in maybe the frontal lobe or pituitary gland. Anyhow, you might have hit on the truth unless it's a Congo-bongo anthem in the Rev. Dr. Jeremiah's former choir.

You're in good company, since millions of Evangelicals openly exchanged truth for the Trump lie.

You're just jealous because you aren't an evangelical. Anyhow, I thought those evil evangelicals did their exchanging behind closed doors, not out in the open, especially since voting booths have those curtains and all. I bet Bernie's still mad at Hillary for keeping him out of the WH. Reckon her secret servers in the basement or the toilet or wherever sabotaged voting machines in Vermont and elsewhere, like everywhere?

The standard is the truth, not the degree or scope of the lies that any previous president might have told.

I never would have guessed. Thanks for that nugget of wisdom.
Jim

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues