[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Trump Voters Should Reconsider

Trump Voters Should Reconsider

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Trump Voters Should Reconsider

Postby KeithE » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:11 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: Trump Voters Should Reconsider

Postby Rvaughn » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:08 am

Keith, I can agree that a lot of people got conned by Trump. I didn't get conned, in the sense that I didn't vote for him.

But I think Mallicote misses the mark completely in one area. I think there are lot of folks who voted for Trump for one reason and one reason alone -- to get a judge like Neil Gorsuch on the Supreme Court. If that was their reason for voting for Trump, then it appears these folks will not be conned and will in fact get exactly what they wanted and intended with their vote (assuming Gorsuch is confirmed, and assuming that he turns out to be what he seems to be).
Rvaughn

Postby KeithE » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:02 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:44 pm

Is there still time for Trump to withdraw his nomination of Gorsuch? My guess is that there is, and that Trump will say "You're fired!" before the fellow's even been properly hired. Trump is clearly not a supporter of an independent judiciary, any more than Putin or other"strong leaders" he admires are. And unfortunately a lot of his supporters would rather just see anyone nominated who will overturn Roe v' Wade. But my guess is such a denomination would hasten the collapse of the thusI far fairly solid monolith of GOP support for his other policies and orders.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:46 pm

The more salient question would be, "How could Hillary lose to her dream opponent?"

I believe if I were a Democrat I'd put more energy in figuring out what my party need to do to win.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:49 pm

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:44 pm

My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:50 pm

Rvaughn

Postby Sandy » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:49 am

Sandy

Postby KeithE » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:15 am

It is time for Trump, the now departed Flynn, Manifort and Tillerson be subject to polygraph testing about their discussions with Russians. Wide ranging polygraphs are routine for people with high levels of security clearances but somehow the doesn't include high level Executive Branch people. It should include candidates for the POTUS as well like Hillary and Bernie. Sandy said "This is not going away". I hope he is right.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:48 am

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/15/us/p ... .html?_r=0
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/jos ... c87acf5884

It seems that Flynn wasn't really aware of the fact that his communications with the Russians would be monitored. For Tillerson, it was all about gaining an advantage and raking in billions in oil revenue. For Manafort, it was the business relationship as well, especially the exploitation of the Ukraine, and whether or not he sold them out after their Pro-Russian president, for whom he was working, fell from power. Manafort's dismissal as Trump's campaign manager coincides with the beginning of the FBI investigation. That's only a little suspicious :wink:. Maybe they figured Comey would just let it all quietly go away, given that he was more than willing to let the Clinton investigation, which produced an absolute goose egg, get leaked to the press and make his own comments on it, but managed to keep the lid on this until after the election. The silence from the Trump administration ominously resembles that of the Nixon administration as leaks began pouring out about Watergate. If this does nothing else, it will motivate anti-trump voters by midterm time. But I think there will be more, with an administration full of corrupt billionaire businessmen and propagandist thugs like Conway and Bannon who are pathological liars. A lot more.
Sandy

Postby KeithE » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:15 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:52 am

Yeah, so far the only arguably positive steps the new administration has taken have been self-serving, like supporting (at least with tweets and coffee) women's entrepreneurship (a chance to show off his daughter). (I don't consider the travel ban a plus, nor announcing the intention of bringing back labor-intensive coal farming.)

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:09 am

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:19 am

I'll actually say that this repeal was a lose-lose. What was needed was a major rewrite to address the ACLU's reasons for siding with the NRA on this.

Haruo
Site Admin

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues