[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - The Latest (?) on Trump

The Latest (?) on Trump

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

The Latest (?) on Trump

Postby Joseph Patrick » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:30 am

From Joseph Patrick...aka Gerry Milligan

As of 9:00PM PST there seems to be some unsettling news on MSNBC and CNN concerning our president elect and Russia. Even British intelligence is weighing in. If true (and in this day of fake news) this could be big, or a tempest in a teapot.
Joseph Patrick

Re: The Latest (?) on Trump

Postby Haruo » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:00 am

Is this the "perverted sex acts" of 2013?
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:39 am

Yup.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:11 am

My leftist friends have often, invariably really, pointed to funding sources as reason to doubt information. Here's a clip from the CNN story, emphasis mine.

"The raw memos on which the synopsis is based were prepared by the former MI6 agent, who was posted in Russia in the 1990s and now runs a private intelligence gathering firm. His investigations related to Mr. Trump were initially funded by groups and donors supporting Republican opponents of Mr. Trump during the GOP primaries, multiple sources confirmed to CNN. Those sources also said that once Mr. Trump became the nominee, further investigation was funded by groups and donors supporting Hillary Clinton."

...and when did you guys start relying on fake news sites like CNN, (former) home of cheaters like Brazile and promoters of liars like Wassermanschultz?

But it is nostalgic to see "Carl Bernstein" in the story's byline.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Joseph Patrick » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:01 pm

When Bill Clinton lied, no one died...
Joseph Patrick

Postby William Thornton » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:17 pm

Google Brazile cheat
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Joseph Patrick » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:00 pm

From Joseph Patrick...aka Gerry Milligan

William, I did google the site you suggested and this is what I found...'“CNN never gave Brazile access to any questions, prep material, attendee list, background information or meetings in advance of a town hall or debate,” said CNN spokeswoman Lauren Pratapas in an email to The Post.'

My question is "Who gave this material to Brazile? Especially since CNN hosted that debate."
Joseph Patrick

Postby Sandy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:14 pm

Ah, the typical conversation about Trump from William, simply divert and point to something that the other side did.

This seems to be pretty simple. Our intelligence services have found plenty of credible evidence that Russia, on orders from Putin himself, interfered with the election by hacking emails and personal information from both candidates, and found ways to release the information into the campaign, including fake documents through Wikileaks, specifically to damage Clinton. It now appears that there was some complicity within the Trump campaign itself, to what extent it seems like we will soon find out, and that the Russians may have some stuff snagged on the Donald himself, which puts him in a compromising position which they can use for their benefit later on. Seems like the British are in a position to corroborate.

Oops.

This isn't going away. This is Watergate, all over again, but it is worse, and will have a greater impact.
Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:40 pm

This stuff is a set piece for Sandy and me...always enjoyable.

I dunno, Gerry, CNN terminated her.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:00 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:13 pm

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:28 pm

Dang Aussies! Interfering in our elections!

Haruo
Site Admin

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues