[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Tillerson in Chad

Tillerson in Chad

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Tillerson in Chad

Postby KeithE » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:03 am

Listen/watch this from Rachel Maddow. It takes a while to unfold.

I do not want to have a Secretary of State who would allow this to happen in Chad. He had/has the power to make Chad a better place, but instead he does not care as long as Exxon/Mobile and their shareholders/execs take that money. Chad has sunk into being one of the poorest nations earth.

Also read this more neutral NPR article.

Yes Condi and Gates have supported him but they are consultants for Exxon.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: Tillerson in Chad

Postby Haruo » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:59 pm

Like I said in another thread, they weren't called the Robber Barons for nothing! Anybody remember Leopold's Congo?
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:22 pm

Deplorable, though Leopold never went to his personal colony to see how the rubber collections were going. Not sure if tillerson is up to his level. Rockefeller, Sr., one of the original barons, laid the pattern for a century's worth of charitable foundations, many if not most of which lean left these days.

It does look like tillerson is the main target. I kind of like the idea of the biggest of big oil having a cabinet seat. Environmentalists may need extra play doh if he is confirmed.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:36 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:15 pm

On this, only 100 Americans count.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:59 pm

Sandy

Postby David Flick » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:34 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:07 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Lou » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:09 pm

Although I didn't vote for Trump (I wrote in independent candidate Evan McMullin's name on my Texas ballot), I am cautiously optimistic about what a Trump presidency might mean for the country--much moreso than I would have been had Mrs. Clinton won. At the very least, I'm not curled up in a fetal position in the corner of my bedroom like so many of my liberal friends seem to be. My opinion on the president-elect's cabinet appointments is a mixed bag. I slightly raised one eyebrow at the nomination of Ben Carson for HUD and the other at Rick Perry for Energy. My mental jury is still out on Tillerson, though those mental jury members are currently leaning in his favor. I like that he has a track record of success in international negotiations, albeit in a business rather than a diplomatic context. And let it be known to the readership that tomorrow evening I'll be having dinner with Tillerson's sister at my wife's office Christmas party, who is a physician in my city with whom my wife works. (There's my single indulgence in Fox-esque name-dropping. When your life is as mundane and unremarkable as mine, you don't get this kind of opportunity too often. :D )
Lou

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues