[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - As Yogi said...

As Yogi said...

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Re: As Yogi said...

Postby KeithE » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:03 pm

I guess Corker has shot himself wrt Trump appointment. :wink:
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:57 pm

No problem from me on investigating, so long as the full-mooners who think a redo on the election are kept locked up in the asylum.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:50 pm

So far 10 Electors want Intel Briefing to do their job.

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:08 pm

...one of whom is daughter of Nancy pelosi.

Ovah.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:09 am

I filled out a customer satisfaction survey today for the King County Library System today. I did it in Russian, just for fun as well as to practice to get ready for life in s client state. You can see .
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:48 am

My sense of what has happened. It is a tentative conclusion totally subject to further investigation (and not just by the House Intelligence Committee which is run by Republicans; 13 members are Republicans and 9 Democrats).
------------------------

Trump was not in cahoots with Putin to influence American elections. It is just something Russia does in many nations as a matter of course (we do the same, I presume). Putin's choice to divulged hacked info from the Clinton campaign and the DNC has been due to .

Now the fake news stories were probably more effective against Hillary and some of them were sponsored by Russia/Putin. Read

Bottom Line 1: Our election was tampered with and the Electoral College should be given all this info in doing their job as Hamilton defined.

Bottom Line 2: Trump desires to get the big $0.5T oil deal going (it has been curtailed by the sanctions imposed by Obama over the Russian taking of Crimea and subsequent invasion of Ukraine). That is why he has praised Putin and why he is appointing Tillerson as SoS. While that may be good for each countries economy, it is my opinion that that oil should be left in the ground.
Last edited by KeithE on Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:28 am

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/12/us/po ... .html?_r=0

Trump may be their guy, and their President-elect, but no one is circling the wagons around him or his transition team. Seems there are enough Republican leaders around who still remember the sting of Watergate, and know how things like this Russian hacking and interference can develop into the opposition's best path to control. You kind of get the sense that most Republican leaders aren't so committed to a Trump presidency as to not consider throwing him under the bus if its necessary to preserve their own political career. And clearly, there's not a whole lot of enthusiasm among those who are in Washington about his taking office. I think it's becoming clear that McConnell, McCain, Ryan and other GOP leaders are not going much beyond lip service when it comes to support, and maybe even see this Russian thing as a nice path toward getting rid of Donald and putting one of their own in the White House.
Sandy

Postby KeithE » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:59 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:00 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:26 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:13 pm

Now the Intel Officials is saying Putin directed the hacking with “high confidence”.

Not saying it was in cahoots with Trump.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:13 am

Since, according to Sandy, my retirement is about to be blown up, perhaps some of my mod/lob/leftist friends would bet on the election results not being ovah. It's ovah. Senora Dona Quixote did nothing but raise a bunch of cash she can now play with, seeing that nothing changed other than exposure of possible democratic fraud in Detroit.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:08 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/05/opini ... .html?_r=0

At least one elector, announcing that he won't vote for Trump. Wanna bet there are probably others? These folks get labelled "faithless," but in fact, they're not bound by the popular vote in their state.
Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:13 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:35 pm

I'd say nutcase electors are probably pretty rare, though to call an elector a "nutcase" simply because they're not going to vote for the person who won the popular vote in their state isn't fair or accurate. But it's been a while since we've had a candidate that is as much of a nutcase as Trump.
Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:47 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:14 pm

It is known that well before Trump even announced his candidacy. Thus they sought to embarrass her by publicizing private email. Who knows how else Putin/Russia influenced the election in a addition to the email leaks; they call that “hybrid warfare". Could be vote counting manipulation, voter intimidation, buying out/supporting their candidates, as well as un-bought candidate image manipulation.

Btw, both Russia and the US have been trying to influence other countries elections and enact “regime change” for a long time.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:42 pm

"Could be..."?

Fake news.

BTW, what was in those real emails? Stuff like DWS and DB's activity to give Bernie the short shrift and illegally funnel debate questions to Hillary? Real news.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:43 pm

Ovah Monday.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:22 pm

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:29 pm

Podesta denied writing those emails?
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:06 pm

It may be “ovah” as far as the election goes, but damage control must be in overdrive.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:21 pm

Sandy

Previous

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues