[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Pruitt

Pruitt

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Pruitt

Postby Haruo » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:31 pm

At least Flick should be happy. Not so we who stand with Standing Rock.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Pruitt

Postby Haruo » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:27 pm

And here we all thought Al Gore was a shoo-in!

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:51 am

My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:44 am

Last edited by KeithE on Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:24 am

He will be approved and environmentalists will have to operate by the rule of law, i.e., persuade legislators to pass laws rather than bureaucrats to write rules.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:40 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:44 am

Pruitt was born in Danville, Ky., the place of my birth and formative years. He moved to Lexington, Ky., where I live now, and attended public schools here and the University of Kentucky and Georgetown College (Baptist related at the time) at least part of the time on a baseball scholarship (2nd base). He serves on the board of Southern Seminary (elected 2012). I’m sure he, like Trump, recognizes the fraud connected with claiming people can actually change the climate, which triggers the thought that the oceans almost certainly have more effect on CO2 volume in the atmosphere than man or anything else, the case since the beginning, never mind what was happening in the world at any given time, something of which even the historians have practically no knowledge farther back than a few millennia, if that. An interesting source: . He’s already terrifying the dem know-it-alls, and that’s a good sign.
Jim

Postby William Thornton » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:30 am

Elections have consequences. Gummit overreach is a problem. Now we will see the pendulum swing back a bit. It will be enjoyable watching the environmental lobby running around with their hair on fire.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:37 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:59 pm

My only real question is whether Yellowstone will be privatized before or after the Army.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:12 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:50 pm

Jim

Postby Haruo » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:39 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:43 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:52 pm

K: Jim, you can going on believing as you wish (it really does not matter).

You really know how to hurt a guy. All I can say is you can going on believing as you wish (it really does not matter).
Jim

Postby KeithE » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:31 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Unsung Little Miracles

Postby Haruo » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:26 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:36 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:07 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:15 am

Well done.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:55 am

One of the interesting things about the coal industry is that while mine owners talk about the war on coal, they continue to reduce jobs while producing trainloads of coal headed for export. I have served two churches where I was able to closely observe this. The CSX coal port at Newport News, VA, usually has ships at anchor waiting for a berth to load. Trainloads come in virtually every day from West Virginia and Pennsylvania While serving in Roanoke, VA, my room was next to the Norfolk Southern yards used for coal switching. Many weekends there were as many as 500 loaded coal cars in the yard moving for shipment. What the mine operators are not telling is how much the mechanization has eliminated jobs in the coal industry. While on a mission trip to Logan, WVA, a few years ago, the miners with whom I ate breakfast were talking about the machinery that allowed them to extract more coal much faster. The labor intensive mining is no more. Much of the "war on coal" is being conducted by an industry striving to eliminate the role of the UMW by reducing the numbers and influence of the miners.

As to accepting that we human beings can have a role in the climate, the biblical model from Genesis is that we are charged to be "keepers of the earth." If we couldn't influence it, why did God tell us to keep it?
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:04 am

One other interesting point--Trump doesn't believe in global warming, but he is building a seawall at his Scottish golf club to protect against sea level rise. Can anyone explain for me why he is working to prevent what he says he doesn't believe is happening?
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:08 am

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:27 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:44 pm

Jim

Next

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues