[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - We Can't Let This Happen

We Can't Let This Happen

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

We Can't Let This Happen

Postby KeithE » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:29 am

1. Gives huge tax breaks to the rich and corporations, loses $6.2 trillion over 10 years,
2. Slashes corporate tax rates by nearly 60 percent—from 35 percent to 15 percent — losing $2.6 trillion over 10 years.
3. Gives multinational corporations with profits stashed offshore a tax cut of more than $550 billion.
4. Increases taxes on nearly 9 million families while reducing the top tax rate on the wealthy from about 40 percent to 33 percent.
5. Cuts taxes on hedge funds and other “pass-through” businesses by $900 billion
6. Eliminates the estate tax to boost the inheritances of millionaires and billionaires

Details in link and sublinks.

This will make his infrastructure plans (yet to be detailed or implemented) less effective in revenue generation hence deficit reduction.

All of this should be apparent by the next election.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: We Can't Let This Happen

Postby Haruo » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:43 pm

We have no say in this for two years now. Time to find the best candidates for 2018.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:24 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:50 pm

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:09 pm

The last time this happened, and the time before, the economy tanked. And that's what it took to wake people up and change the composition of congress.
Sandy

Postby Tim Bonney » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:28 pm

The problem is, the American people already did let it happen. Basically the electorate handed the GOP and Trump at least the next two years on a silver platter. There isn't much to be done now other than gear up for 2018 if everything goes to heck.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:07 pm

Guess you are right. I’ve written or emailed my congressmen about 5 times that I can recall and have never got a reply. Even visited Bud Cramer’s WDC office once after not hearing back from his website comment forum. His staff said he would call me as soon as he found the time (that was about 9/11). I once called Wayne Parker who almost won a spot in the House once; he came right over to my house to talk (mostly about Keynesianism vs Austerity- we agreed to disagree; his father-in-law was Bill Archer (R-TX) and a deficit hawk). He lived down the street from me and I had met him at games parties.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:48 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Joseph Patrick » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:31 pm

From Joseph Patrick...aka Gerry Milligan

While I am adamantly opposed to conspiracies, am I the only one who sees Germany in the 1930's where someone who believed he could do whatever he wanted with no (living) opposition to what he was doing and what is now being said, to wit: I can do anything I want without interference. Didn't Richard Nixon say more or less the same thing?
When Bill Clinton lied, no one died...
Joseph Patrick

Postby William Thornton » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:35 pm

My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Joseph Patrick » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:49 pm

Joseph Patrick

Postby William Thornton » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:53 am

There will be surprises. The granting of dictatorial powers will not be one of those. People in Oregon might check the constitution, dust off their old high school history texts, and stop drinking Starbucks between now and Jan 20th.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:20 am

Sandy

Postby Jim » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:03 am

Jim

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues