[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Brave new political world

Brave new political world

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Brave new political world

Postby William Thornton » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:41 am

The candidate who didn't spend most of his time courting donors...wins.

The candidate who best expresses an antidote to Citizens United...wins.

The candidate who didn't receive hundreds of thousands from Wall Street for secret speeches...wins.

The candidate who offers the best chance to reverse the rust in the rust belt...wins.

The candidate who employed vastly fewer political gunslingers...wins.

The candidate who didn't focus group every syllable to see what works...wins.

The candidate who spend far less on political ads...wins.

The candidate who repeatedly spoke before tens of thousands while his opponent corralled dozens and hundreds...won.

One would think that political liberals would acknowledge a few things they like or at least admit that the candidate of the self-affirming elitists was badly flawed.

...but, the sky is falling and there's no time for sober reflection.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Re: Brave new political world

Postby Sandy » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:50 am

Sandy

Postby KeithE » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:02 am

Last edited by KeithE on Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:33 am

I am sending Sandy a case of therapeutic adult coloring books. Keith only needs a couple.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:48 am

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:49 am

Don't forget that we subsidized the destruction of the Democratic Candidate with our tax money. Just check Trey Gowdy's committee expenses which the RNC should now reimburse.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:16 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Sandy has the high road

Postby Stephen Fox » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:19 pm

For Williams points you could almost check off George Wallace in the 60s or Jeff Sessions in Alabama the last several Senate election cycles.

Proud of Dave Roberts for mentioning Trey Gowdy who I just saw championed on the Facebook wall of a woman who was the female citizen of the Month at Gaffney HS fall of 68

William could read 1924, the year that made Hitler. Long story short Bonhoeffer came to different conclusions than Thornton has here with comparable bullet points but I am notcalling everybody who voted for Trump a fascist Nazi, cause thay would include my own Beloved Brother who is soon to buy me a plate of the best bbq in the Southeast.

And Billy Tee, after a little time with the 1924 book, make time for a movie, Billy Lynn's Longhalftime Walk.

PS. Backto back on successive days on drshow.org this week you had Ken Burns, then the great Baptist of our time John Grisham talk about what is great about America, and here's a tip: It Aint Trump
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby William Thornton » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:33 pm

If Stephen has done his remedial reading I recommend a fewe coloring books and a therapy session with The Gospel Dog.

Try and get it all out by Jan 20th.
William Thornton
Site Admin

TOP 15 political events of mid 20th Century Gaffney SC

Postby Stephen Fox » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:07 pm

Good read, Billy Tee; latest at foxofbama.blogspot.com
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby KeithE » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:25 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:28 am

Score on a scale of 1-10 , , & : William 8.5; Sandy & Keith 1.5
. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:00 am

If this is to be the ihatetrump forum for the next 4 years someone ought to serve up a bit of reality.

I'm out of coloring books. You guys may have to find a stray dog or cat to pet and calm yourselves.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:28 am

However he did it, the misogynist, racist, xenophobic candidate won. That should give people pause. And not that he has won he is placing racists and xenophobes in positions of power. Sure Hillary wasn't our best possible choice for the Dems to run. But she was none of the above and would have done none of the above.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:21 am

Jim

Postby KeithE » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:08 pm

Last edited by KeithE on Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:44 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues