[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Post election words to my mod/lib friends

Post election words to my mod/lib friends

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

comments to Trey Gowdy's challenger

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:45 pm

"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: comments to Trey Gowdy's challenger

Postby Jim » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:39 am

Jim

Re: Post election words to my mod/lib friends

Postby William Thornton » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:05 pm

Slut shaming (Wiki): In human sexuality, slut-shaming is a form of social stigma applied to people, especially women and girls, who are perceived to violate certain traditional expectations for sexual behaviors. Some examples of circumstances where women are "slut-shamed" include violating dress code policies by dressing in perceived sexually provocative ways, requesting access to birth control,[1][2][3] having premarital, casual, or promiscuous sex, engaging in prostitution,[4][5] or when being victim blamed for being raped or otherwise sexually assaulted.[6][7]

The single gal who was in the news a few years ago complaining about lack of free birth control pills was slut shamed by some for that. Fox' use of the phrase is typically incomprehensible but he just wanted to use the terms for shock-jock purposes. Some people here have slut-shamed Trump's current wife.

The hyphen suffix (-shamed) has been hijacked for any number of purposes. In southern baptist life, pastors are Cooperative Program-shamed if they give below what some see as an acceptable percentage to the program.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:20 pm

I think "CP-shamed" is much more efficient than "Cooperative Program-shamed". Just me.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

I agree with Haruo

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:41 pm

Willie Tee this past year among other notable books I read White Trash by the LSU proff. I think I made notice somewhere at this site as I blogged about it.Would probably push the limits of this site to examine all the words upwards of 17 or so, but it did ratify the KJV term offscouring put to good use in 1 Corinthians 4:13 and in the movie you must see again, Jude by Winterbottom featuring Kate Winslett. Yes there is one memorable nude scene that is a tribute to the Song of Solomon; you know "way of an eagle in the air and the way of a man with a maiden."

The more I know about Trey Gowdy, if the Church is the Bride of Christ, then Gowdy extending the Biblical metaphor is a Slut, a Whore, a Bastard a less than and his friend at North Greenville Tony Beam, who has a radio program where given the chance he brags about being a student at SEBTS in 87 when Lolley was ousted. So with those kinds of friends not to mention the Metaxas/David Barton Truth for a New Generation Conferences, then for certain as a Baptist and an American I think Wofford, Furman and Converse can do better when represented in the nation's capitol.

Plus there is the thing of this whole Gowdy thang being just ten miles east of Marian Wright Edelman's roots and 20 miles west of my Dad's ministry on Wilkinsville Rd and where WJ Cash was baptized at Cherokee Avenune. See Oil and Cotton and the New Plantation in the Nat bk award nominee Stranger in Their Own Land by Hoschild and see it soon.

Stephen Fox

Postby Jim » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:16 pm

Jim

Postby William Thornton » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:13 pm

Actually words mean very little to stephen. They are merely disjointed, often random collections that seldom express a cogent thought....save for in his own mind where potential Pulitzer And Nobel prizes are legion.
William Thornton
Site Admin

compare to Marshall Frady 1961 Furman Hornet

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:25 pm

Page two, Willie Tee, the paragraph about robust academics, Swiveling chairs in ever exponentially growing mortgages and outsized athletic programs to keep the stadiums near capacity for Saturdays to come

http://cdm16821.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ ... 726/rec/19

Tried to copy and paste for you but hard to do in the archive format but shouldn't be hard for investigative blogger like yourself to navigate.

I didn't include the Country Club in the orgy FTR; what I did was call on them to get Rid of Gowdy and his friends at NGU who ousted Lolley and now act like they are sophisticates. My slut shaming target is FBC Spartanburg and the TFNg conferences. Ousting Lolley for Metaxas and Barton deserves slut shaming of the highest degree and I think I have been pretty clear on that, a lot less random that you distorted or Fox Newzed me!!!!

Stephen Fox

Postby William Thornton » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:01 am

Marshall Frady made Pat Conroy's book on his reading life. Part of the Atlanta bookstore menagerie.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Thanks for sharing, Had not registered

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:51 am

That Pat Conroy mentioned Frady in his Reading Life, but not surprising at all. Frady used to hang out at Manuel's Tavern with James Dickey and Jody Powell a place also frequented by Tom Brokaw in his Atlanta years.

I asked Brokaw about it when he spoke at Furman in 2004 the day he moderated the Dem Prez Primary debate downtown. Said he remembered Dickey at the Tavern but not Frady and I think he said Jody Powell. I historically fictionalized it all for a scene in the script Winder, but still no check in the mail.

You must find Conroys Great Santini the Non fiction work of a few years ago. Hilarious tale about the day he spent in the Floyd Co Lyberry doing family research of the branchof the familythat drifted over from Piedmont Alabama.

Have you opened the link on Frady from his Furman days. 20 years old when he wrote that. My God what a preacher Adrian Rogers woulda been had he had Frady's facility and vocabulary, then your average Baptist deacon woulda never understood him and there woulda been no takeover. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:

Stephen Fox

Flipflops: The OFficial Footwear of the Trump Transition

Postby Sandy » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:37 am

I was in DC Sunday through yesterday, going back today through Saturday for Thanksgiving. There was a significant amount of alarm over the presence of Spencer and his alt-right/white supremacist group. Security level was quite high, and very visible, as were myriads of protests of a pretty wide variety. Nothing violent, other than small handfuls of Trump supporters attempting to incite, and shouting rude and profane things, confirming Hillary's description of them as "deplorables."

So after hundreds of campaign cheers shouting "lock her up," Trump walks that one back. Of course, a President has no authority to charge anyone, or launch an investigation, and of course, to lock someone up, they've had to commit a crime, and in this case, there wasn't one committed. Aside from the fact that the President, on his way out, could close the door on that forever, it's a nice surprise for Trump supporters, and it's just the first of many to come. As each day goes by, each new appointment possibility is presented, every lie he told along the way is exposed.
Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:41 am

Well, boo hoo. Play Doh is available.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:41 am

I wonder how Trump supporters will feel when it turns out the Trump is going to go back on much of what he promised?
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:56 am

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:06 pm

Hooey. When you pay attention to the anti-Trump assaults, etc. we can talk about civility. The lib left is foisting another lame narrative, assisted by the willing MSM.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:13 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:17 pm

Hooey.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:22 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:34 pm

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:48 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:30 pm

Hooey. This is just the completely predictable lib narrative. Take a few anecdotes and holler 'racism!' Nothing new here.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:30 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:57 pm

Sorry, not buying the narrative. You are aware that there was an uptick of crimes against trump supporters and verifiable assaults on free speech.

Let crimes be punished wherever they are found. Hil lost the election in part as a result of her broad generalization about the 'deplorables'. Her disappointed supporters seem to have learned nothing.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:13 pm

Wow William. There isn't much that surprises me any more. But denying the obvious increase in hate crimes is flabbergasting. I'm not blaming Trump for them. I'm not suggesting a direct connection. But they are there and real.

This is how racists and bigots win. Deny, ignore, pretend it isn't happening.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:30 pm

Here is the DATA. Source is the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Points: in the first week after election. Don’t know about since then. Let's hope it is dying out (as Trump’s Anti-xyz rhetoric has done).

Most of these attacks/harassments have been Anti-Immigrant, Anti-Black, Anti-LGBT, not so much Anti-Muslim. There were some Anti-Trump attacks/harassments as well.

Advantage in the argument above goes to Timothy.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues