[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Post election words to my mod/lib friends

Post election words to my mod/lib friends

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Re: Post election words to my mod/lib friends

Postby William Thornton » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:01 pm

You guys should spend your energy trying to find new Democratic candidates (the bench is empty - name three prominent Dems under 50) and doing away with the electoral college.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:03 pm

See some DATA, time to change the subject.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:14 pm

This just in: Trump nominates DeVoss triggering a stream of connectionalism in the brain of Stephen Fox. We hope Stephen doesn't overload and short circuit. And don't disappoint us by failing to connect DeVoss with Startanburg FBC, Molly Worthen, Birchers, and the Roundtable.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:15 pm

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:36 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:07 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:39 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:05 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:22 am

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:32 am

I agree with Sandy...blah blah blah is what most of this is, both sides.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:53 am

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:26 pm

I'm not buying the "both sides" crap. That's right wing rhetoric. Hillary Clinton had her flaws, as anyone does, but the mud that got thrown around about her was unsubstantiated by the evidence at hand. Most people don't bother to look things up, they are easily goaded into believing whatever addresses their prejudices. or fits their personal bias, and anything else is dismissed as being brought about by the "liberal media." If the media were biased, what you see would be vastly different. Bottom line, the resentment and "anger" came about when the electorate chose an African American man, and essentially drew the curtain closed on the "Reagan revolution." And they were seething with rage over the possibility of a sharp, intelligent woman, getting into the most powerful political position in the world. On top of that, the last two Democratic presidents are, by far and away, the most successful in the modern era in all ways that presidencies are evaluated; in economic growth and development, foreign relations, social and domestic policy, community development. The 38 million private sector jobs added during Clinton and Obama alone, something Republicans envy and can't accomplish with their tax cuts for the rich, is a historic, unprecedented achievement.

If Trump had lost, we'd be seeing a whole lot more than protests with a few isolated incidents of violence. We'd be seeing destruction, rioting, assaults on the property and homes of ethnic minorities, armed attacks on political officials and attempted assassinations. After each Trump campaign appearance here in our area, gangs of his thug followers set dumpster fires, keyed parked cars along the streets, overturned trash cans in yards, spray painted swastikas on buildings, including at least two synagogues, and a historic Catholic church, and there were dozens of people who flew confederate flags on their vehicles in the parking lots. I saw similar stuff here in DC this week. The term "deplorable" shouldn't be a broad brush, but there are certainly more of those among his supporters than hers. The anti-trump protesters I've seen have been respectful, huge in number, peaceful, and more intelligent when it comes to articulating their grievances.
Sandy

Postby David Flick » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:17 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Sandy an enigma

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:40 am

"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox