[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Post election words to my mod/lib friends

Post election words to my mod/lib friends

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Re: Post election words to my mod/lib friends

Postby Haruo » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:26 pm

about the internment.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

King Christian

Postby Haruo » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:32 pm

When I was a kid, learning about WWII and the Holocaust in school, was taught as historical fact. The version I learned said the King went on the radio and ordered all patriotic Danes to wear the Mogen David.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:40 pm

Hooey...way over the top.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:53 pm

Sandy

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:34 pm

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:06 pm

I'm with Sandy...free speech has brought change. Live with it...or, maybe get the crayons out.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:47 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:06 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:48 am

I am enjoying the aftermath of the utter repudiation of Clinton and the dems at every level of political life. Let's try some new faces. The republicans in my state stink. I could see myself voting democratic if that party ever presented themselves as something other than the party of global warming, special interests, and outrages du jour.

I will enjoy the erasure of any Obama legacy, although I'm not sure what will come of Obamacare. Maybe trump and the GOP congress can replace it with something better.

Keith should appreciate that I provide him with opportunities for his kneejerk moralizing.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:11 am

I see this morning on several news sources that Trump is planning a victory tour. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this a first? It seems a great chance for him to blow what good will he has and the promises to be the President for all Americans. If he goes out and does the usual stump speech, will he not lose what he built on and since election night?
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:30 am

Nothing to see here. Obama did several and some apology tours...currently on one of those.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:29 am

Sandy

Postby Sandy » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:32 am

Sandy

Postby KeithE » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:46 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:21 pm

Sandy

Thornton's "normalization" process won't scour

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:22 pm

Thornton is my friend but his scrutiny, his perception of this disastrous political moment has left the building. This woman has a better grasp

http://religiondispatches.org/normaliza ... o-survive/
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby ET » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:11 am

I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:45 am

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:10 pm

I suppose the displaced coal miners could go raise tobacco, or weed. Better for their lungs, too.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:36 am

I get it William. You are enjoying your schadenfreude. Let me suggest you enjoy it with a nice red wine. At least that will be good for your heart and might promote good digestion since schadenfreude often later leads to indigestion at the next pendulum swing. :D

And in two years, if Trump hasn't really pleased his base and if he continues to tick off his opponents, I'll wait for the backlash of the midterm elections to feel a bit better about an election that isn't just bad for Dems, but is ultimately bad for the GOP and everyone else too.

If anything GW Bush should be pleased that Trump will make him look so so much better by comparison in history. He will look like the well spoken and reasonable GOP President by comparison to Trump.

The whole election reminds me of the story of the man who spent his whole day trying to kill one fly in the house and finally accomplished by burning down the whole house. Yep, Donald won. Now the GOP has to live with it.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:37 am

Odd, I went through the pendulum swing the other way starting in '08. I have completely avoided the birther/Muslim Obama stuff and like a good many things about our outgoing prez. It has helped that Obama, now Clinton, has decimated the democrats in the off years and now with the shocking loss of the sure thing presidential election. I am enjoying the prospect of the Clintons being off the front page. Thank God and her inept and arrogant campaigning for that.

There must be some nice kitty cats in Iowa that will help my friend Timothy cope with the disappointment.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:35 pm

I'm with Obama on this. Support Trump, however trepidatiously, as best we can, be the loyal opposition, see what he does. Who he appoints initially doesn't necessarily mean as much as what they and Congress do in concert. But I do worry that he may be, seems likely to be, the most likely president we've had in my lifetime to start a war over a perceived personal slight. Has Christie said anything since he got the pink slip? And I remember Archie Bunker singing about our need for a Herbert Hoover, and if it's true this is the first time since 1929 the GOP will have had this kind of handle on the reins of government...

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:50 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Willie Tee and Russ Moore have some splainin to do

Postby Stephen Fox » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:34 pm

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk ... l_facebook

Had an interesting exchange this morning on facebook but now its gone. One of the better families god fearing Babdist deacons and their sons in the education system of NC trying to justify Trump with Scripture. When I called one out, a friend, to justify saying Hillary was a killer, the whole thread got deleted.

Onerous--did I spell it right-- for things to come in Trump Babdist land.

Stephen Fox

Willie Tee, this is for you and Winder Ga

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:00 am

Stephen Fox

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues