[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Winners and losers

Winners and losers

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Winners and losers

Postby William Thornton » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:24 am

Winners: Trump, Pence, Drudge, Fox News, Falwell, protectionism

Losers: Clinton, Clinton machine, Clinton Foundation; MSM, Merrick Garland, Obamacare as we now know it.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Re: Winners and losers

Postby Dave Roberts » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:00 am

I would go farther, William. I think the real loser in this campaign was "truth." Both candidates tried to tell us what they thought we wanted to hear. Trump's narrative was probably less truthful but more charismatically told. I also fear that other losers will be the religious freedom on which our country was built and the freedom of the press to give us more Walter Cronkites and Dan Rathers and fewer Rush Limbaughs and Sean Hannitys. I pray for Trump to do what he said he wanted--to bring people together--but I wonder if he can pull that one off. My guess is that despite his promises, we will have the same gridlock in the Senate that the GOP has done to us, only this time it will be the Democrats practicing the same obstructionist tactics.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby ET » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:28 am

Well, now, that was an interesting night.
I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Obamacare killed Clinton

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:43 am

She woulda won had that news been delayed till after the election. Nosour grapes just reality. North Carolina failed the Baptist legacy of Randall Lolley and George Truett. Jesse Helms roams the state, his ghost. Own it. Now tis time for Nelson Price and Trey Gowdy to begin the slaughter of pregnant women at whatever stage of pregnancy for whatever reason, even Amy Butler, to die on the delivery table.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby KeithE » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:51 am

Biggest Winner: Big Business - regulations will be abolished.

Biggest Loser: The future of the earth.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:14 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:17 am

More winners: Hannity, Limbaugh et al; those who are tired of divided government,

More losers: all apparatchik and nomenklatura; Hil shills in media
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:30 am

If the Trump presidency is good, we will all be winners. If it is bad, we will all be losers. In early January (I think) the electoral vote will be finalized and, pending the outcome which seems fairly certain, come January 21st, Donald Trump will be the President of all of us, regardless of how we voted.
Rvaughn

Postby KeithE » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:32 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:44 am

Popular vote winner is Hillary (right now)

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:13 am

Rvaughn

Postby Sandy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:20 pm

Sandy

Postby Haruo » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:51 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:52 pm

More winners: Putin, Assad...
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:17 pm

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/2016-e ... am-n681231

losers: The Ukraine, all of America's NATO allies, Syrian Christians
Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:34 pm

Let me check outside to see if the sky is really falling or if my mod/lib friends are temporarily leaving reality.

Hey, we've been through many election cycles here. We've done this before with disappointment/exuberance, most notably Bush 43 (twice) and Obama (twice). I'm more relieved that the Clintons will be off the front page, hopefully permanently, than that DT is prez. He didn't get my vote but, same as Obama, he gets my prayers from this point forward.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:12 pm

Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Postby Dave Roberts » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:30 pm

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Drain the Swamp

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:30 pm

I cannot understand how Sandy got his analysis 80 percent right and still is an apologist for the fundamentalist takeover of the SBC

He is right, Sean Hannity is an existential threat to American Democracy.

On other fronts I called Sessions office today. Young woman staffer, U Bama grad who did not know who Judge Frank Johnson was--and that is DEPLORABLE-- said Sessions has about 30 paid staffers. I told her I expect him to Fire or dismiss a fifth of them to Drain the Swamp, about seven staffers.

Any of you who wax on and haven't read the easily googled New Yorker piece by Packer, Clinton and the Populist Revolt don't have a clue what you are talking about and that may include William Thornton.

This is a disaster. I am working on an all afternoon two session panel at Furman in January, to set the stage about what exactly may need to be investigated, pursued in the underbelly of the oncoming Trump fiasco, including Trey Gowdy and his Recon Tea Party morass

Stephen Fox

Riverchase Baptist Church in Bham a Loser

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:23 pm

Stephen Fox

Molly Worthen a Winner

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:01 pm

With this essay on NC and the Trump vote yesterday.

Thornton likes to keep up with Molly so here is the latest

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/09/opini ... ation.html

Stephen Fox

Postby Chris » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:13 pm

And why can't Obama appoint a special prosecutor to investigate Trump University and the RAPE allegation by the then-under age child.???? Will Trump EVER be held accountable?
Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Postby Sandy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:49 pm

Sorry, see next post.
Last edited by Sandy on Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sandy

Postby Sandy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:51 pm

Sandy

Re: Drain the Swamp

Postby David Flick » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:55 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Next

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues