[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Jack Chick, 1924-2016

Jack Chick, 1924-2016

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Jack Chick, 1924-2016

Postby William Thornton » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:12 pm

Not a fan but less of a fan of Hayden than Chick.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Re: Jack Chick, 1924-2016

Postby KeithE » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:57 pm

Just so people know who William is talking about:

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:17 am

I was curious to know if the few here had ever heard of him.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:50 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:30 am

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:57 am

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:03 pm

A bit about old Jack from a Masonic site. http://www.masonicinfo.com/chick.htm
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:58 pm

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Campus Crusade the Four Spiritual Laws

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:59 am

That was a Chick Tract, correct?

If so puts Chick at the heart of the emergence of the Religious Right with Billy Graham's embrace of Campus Crusade and CC's founder of southern California whose name escapes me at the moment. Remember reading about it all in 76 in Time Mag after the real implications of Dallas 72 Explo became apparent.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby Sandy » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:14 am

You're slipping, Stephen. Are you sure Jack Chick wasn't an ally in the alleged takeover of the SBC?
Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:42 pm

Bill bright wouldn't allow a jack chick tract in the same county with him.

The SBC takeover connection is Jack Chick, inspiration for Chic fil a, Cathy mega bucks, round table, RR underground RR whose whistle was blown by Molly Worthen vis-a-vis blood done sign my name at the Liberry with the gospel dog howling and collinsville FBC anniversary choir with the ringer stephen fox singing contra-alto and everything else.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:09 pm

Thanks for the clarification on Four Spiritual Laws and Bill Bright. Like it or not Bright was a key ingredient in the foundation for the fundy takeover of the SBC.

And remember Willie and Sandy, Dan Cathy was in my religion class at Furman fall of 71 so we go way back. Blessings of Business by Grem is new book about CFA and its reverberations but I haven't read it yet.

Hope you and Sandy, have, however, read my "spare parts" blog on Trey Gowdy. I called his DC office this afternoon.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby Sandy » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:02 pm

Sandy

Postby Tim Bonney » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:08 pm

Sandy, it may be now that the FBI is finding email from SBC Takeover leaders in Mrs. Clinton's spam filter next to a large number of ads from Old Navy. :lol:
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:54 am

Sandy

Postby Shawn Koester » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:13 pm

While I don't rejoice in anyone's death, I am rejoicing that his pseudo gospel of condemnation, fear and hatred in the name of the Lord is no longer. He was an exceptional artist though.
Shawn Koester

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues