[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - This should finish him.

This should finish him.

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

This should finish him.

Postby KeithE » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:56 pm

In addition, this was 4 months after marrying Melania.

Maybe Pence (who I thought “looked” good at the VP debate) will take over - not that I would vote for him.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: This should finish him.

Postby Mrs Haruo » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:17 am

If he talked to me like that I would kick him in his designer shorts till his hair turned green. :brick:
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:07 am

"If anyone is offended, I apologize," is not an apology. It is a self-justification from someone who does not believe he did anything wrong. He called it "locker room banter." If an evangelical pastor sticks by Trump, IMHO, they have forfeited their birthright for Esau's mess of pottage. Of course, Esau is the patron saint of this group.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:27 am

What did Esau do to deserve this sort of guilt by association?

Now if he's still only 5 points down in the polls next week, you know something's fishy.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:11 am

There are days I wonder if Trump just got in the race to insure that Hillary Clinton would win.
Rvaughn

Postby Haruo » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:17 am

I recall some such theories being floated early on in the primary season, I don't recall by whom, but I do recall they involved decade-old quotes from Trump extolling his friendship with Hillary...

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:31 am

Jim

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:53 am

Jim, many many more people died in embassy attacks under GW Bush. There is still no evidence that any of that was her fault. The email controversy is blown up beyond its significance or she'd have been charged with something. But there is no doubt, no argument, that Trump has made racist statements, Trump has demeaned women, and Trump has attacked religious freedom. He is so open about his crazy views that they can be found all over the media, twitter, etc.

This is the election between largely overblown and made up accusations against Mrs. Clinton and glaringly obvious dangerous misoginous bigotry, xenophobia, and near facism on Trump's side.

One comic suggested that not voting for Clinton over Trump is like eating a meal in a restaurant and finding the taste a bit off so you walk out into the alley, jump in the dumpster and eat garbage instead. There is just no rational comparison. The "two equally unqualified" or the "lesser of two equals" argument has been shown this week to be a pile of horse manure. :horse:
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:00 am

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:07 am

Here is an article about how the Trump campaign and evangelical complicity in it will be the last nail in the coffin for the "Religious Right."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/act ... due-death/
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:11 pm

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:18 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Rvaughn » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:50 pm

Rvaughn

Postby Jim » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:13 am

Jim

Postby Haruo » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:17 am

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:32 am

Jim

Postby Dave Roberts » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:01 pm

Has anyone thought that what Trump was confessing on that tape was not only morally reprehensible but also was criminally prosecutable as felony sexual assault, as far as I know, in all fifty states? Is that not scary?

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:55 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:12 pm

Nice try. Hillary actually told that yarn again after she introduced it, I believe, in New Hampshire back when she was ambushed by the commander of executive orders. It was her Brian Williams syndrome problem. I think a mayor or president of Bosnia or some other VIP (all those witnesses) was also on that battleground. Misspoke? I gotta bridge cheap. You'll enjoy looking up the other stuff when you're better, and I do sympathize though not about the flu (I gotta shot already). The vertebrae in my ancient spine have been breaking again, so I live each day with much pain...great for humility-building but not much fun. If you're shut-in, as you should be lest you spread your malady, you're welcome to read some of my blogs from 2004...I hope you remember the context. If not, more's the pity. In any case, hope you recover soon.

http://clarkscorner.org/KerNad.html
http://clarkscorner.org/K-E.html
http://clarkscorner.org/kecomm.html
http://clarkscorner.org/kpcs.html
Jim

Postby Sandy » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:31 am

Sandy

Postby Jim » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:56 am

Jim

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:22 am

Over the years the GOP has done its best to tear down Bill and Hillary be it White Water investigations or Bengazi investigations that ended up going no where. If Bill hadn't had an affair the special prosecutor would have never found a darned thing. He had to give up on White Water to go after Bill's affair so that there would be some fruit to his digging into their personal lives for months.

Now GOPers argue as if investigating the Clintons for political motives actually makes the Clintons guilty of something because they had all those investigation. As said above, Bengazi was politics. It never found Hilary really guilty of anything.

But Trump has manifested his own guilt with his own quotes his own vulgarity and disdain for women in his very own words. The two just don't compare. I'd much rather vote for Bill than Hillary in that he is the more able politician. But she is a good solid, if not too exciting, politician who is so far more honest and trustworthy than Trump that they shouldn't even be on the same stage together.

I will breath a sigh of relief when Trump loses in what may be an electoral college landslide.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:24 am

Yeah, Jim, that's what I thought. You didn't read anything and didn't pay attention to squat.
Sandy

Postby Sandy » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:00 pm

Sandy

Postby KeithE » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:06 pm

Last edited by KeithE on Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Next

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues