[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Obama founded ISIS?

Obama founded ISIS?

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Obama founded ISIS?

Postby Haruo » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:54 pm

...and he and Hillary are its two top operatives? Some of the headlines I've seen in the past 24 hours suggest that Trump has made this statement. From where I sit that looks so over the top that it ought to give even those who depend on right-wing talk radio and Fox commentators for their supply of facts pause. And ought to make a lot of the real Republicans consider voting for Hillary. But then, maybe he didn't say any such thing...
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Re: Obama founded ISIS?

Postby Joseph Patrick » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:16 pm

From Joseph Patrick...aka Gerry Milligan

While I try to not comment on political happenings, for me, this is so far over the top that I cannot contain myself. How do people keep following this misogynistic, bombastic bully is beyond my imagination. Being from Oklahoma (originally) I find the reference to "Pocahontas" over the top. If I were Hispanic I would be enraged. As a veteran, his comments about John McCain and the Gold Star Parents reveal how little he understands of the military he purports to respect. And people saying he is a Christian either do not know what a Christian is or are not Christians themselves, no matter what Focus on the Family, Liberty University and FBC, Dallas leaders say.
When Bill Clinton lied, no one died...
Joseph Patrick

Postby KeithE » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:27 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:27 pm

Sandy

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:28 am

Trump was "walking back" on his claim that Obama founded ISIS claiming he was being sarcastic. Now he has "walked back" his walk back by claiming "he wasn't be that sarcastic." http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/291 ... -sarcastic

They guy is a nut. There is no factual evidence that Obama could have anything to do with founded ISIS. It is ludicrous. It is going to be a just horrible four years if this man gets elected. Even long time GOPers are jumping ship in hopes of saving the nation from this nut job. I just don't even want to think how badly the economy and our position in the world will tank if he were to get elected. :blech:
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:56 am

I wonder whether he is really that uninformed, and his view is that distorted, or whether that's pablum for his base, who are like the kid standing in the middle of the room hammering his ears with his hands and screaming at the top of his lungs to avoid hearing something from his parents. With his "don't believe the media, I'm the only one who will tell you the truth" approach to running for President, he gets cheers in his rallies with this stuff. He has to walk it back when he realizes that it's not going to play well with the voters he needs to convince to win. Otherwise, if he really is that uninformed, and what he says actually represents what he thinks, then he is certainly unqualified and unfit to be President.
Sandy

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:38 am

He has already proven himself unfit so many times about the only thing he hasn't had happen is a total mental breakdown on stage. I think there are some people who would vote for him if he stood up on stage and claimed to be Mork from Ork.

The big question for me is why anyone in the electorate is supporting him, not so much why he is running.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:11 am

Trump is the creation of the media who play his stuff for its ratings value. Journalism is out the window. Trump's economic proposals have hardly been mentioned since a few hours after his address. The same is true for Hillary's speech. The media who should be investigating what is being said continue to spend half their 24-hour news cycle on whatever the latest Trump claim is, even if exposing some of them for the falsehoods they are, but they do not provide journalism. They just allow Trump to dominate the cycle without any substance to their reporting.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:23 am

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:51 pm

I don't really see that Trump actually has any economic proposals. He keeps saying that he's going to create jobs, and "get the economy moving again," and he has outlined some skeletal tax plans that even conservative economists say aren't much more than a plan for the rich avoiding taxes, like he does. He says we're going to beat ISIS, but says nothing about how that will happen. Send troops and get involved in another endless war? Drop nukes, and send radioactive fallout over allies like Turkey and Israel? And his supporters want to put this guy in office because of who they think he's going to nominate for the Supreme Court?
Sandy

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues