[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - I Got an Idea

I Got an Idea

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

I Got an Idea

Postby KeithE » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:30 pm

Why don’t we demand the past emails from Donald Trump to hold up to public scrutiny? He is after all running for the Presidency. Those private words would surely be laced with outrageous (probably profane) words and ideas. Of course he shoots himself in the foot nearly everyday with his tweets and at his rallies and he won’t even release his tax returns (even those years he is not under audit for).

While we are at it, why don’t we demand for emails from Singer, Michaels, Spencer, Christy, Watts, etc. (a reference to “skeptical" climate crusaders) and scrutinize their every word (like what happened to the East Anglia scientists).

Same goes for the Republican National Committee (like what happened to the DNC).

It seems to me that hacking and use of hacked emails to attack opponents is exclusively the bailiwick of rabid conservatives.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: I Got an Idea

Postby Sandy » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:25 pm

Great idea. But people already have their mind made up. As Trump says, he could shoot someone in the middle of Fifth Ave. and people would still vote for him. Our culture is lacking in respect and tolerance, so an intolerant, disrespectful, narcissistic bully runs for president and gathers a following. The symbolism of seeing hundreds of people thrown out of his rally because they held up a copy of the Constitution says it all.

I've seen some people on social media make the claim that he is running in order to guarantee Hillary's election, and when she is elected, he'll get all the business favors from government that he needs. He certainly believes in buying favors, and it has apparently worked for him. I just want to see his tax return.
Sandy

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:34 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Sandy » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:28 pm

Sandy

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:24 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Sandy » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:08 pm

What does that have to do with your accusation that this discussion is gossip? Looks like you're indulging in a little bit of that yourself.
Sandy

Postby Mrs Haruo » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:43 am

I have an idea. Can we leave the scissors on the hook on the wall, especially the sharp pointy ones till the election is over? :lol: I learn a lot from the discussions on this board and am glad there are people on all sides of issues. Not every sharing of views is a personal attack, just a person sharing an opinion. Meanwhile, Haruo had a long rough day and is happily snoozing away guarded by 3 cats. I plan to join him after I am done doing my nails and finishing a late night scoop of ice cream. Pax
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues