[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Why can't Hillary Clinton stop lying?

Why can't Hillary Clinton stop lying?

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Why can't Hillary Clinton stop lying?

Postby William Thornton » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:41 am

My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Re: Why can't Hillary Clinton stop lying?

Postby Dave Roberts » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:30 am

William, didn't you know that God has given all politicians a special dispensation to be free from the bonds on the Ninth Commandment until election day? :brick:
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:09 am

If Hillary would say that she thinks all politicians are entitled to lie, at least we would have an answer...but...she just lies like it is the natural thing for her to do.
William Thornton
Site Admin

glad to see Willie boy readin The Atlantic

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:34 am

I read the same article. There are gads at the atlantic pointing out the poison of Trump.

The article drives home the point Hilary could use some help in this arena, but Trump as the alternative is far more nefarious than Hillary's glaring mistakes, Two out of the many decisions she has made over the last 40 years.

As troubling as her dissembling has been on Ben Ghazi, it is nothing compared to the soul molesting of Donald Trump and the kind of America he would lead.

And William, I am convinced Molly Worthen, Molly Marshall, and Randall Balmer are voting for Hillary; as would Lottie Moon if she were still with us on the earth.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Postby William Thornton » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:10 am

Hillary could use some help in this area (truth telling), sayeth The Magnificent Stevie.

Ya think?
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:21 am

Call it "cherry picking," here's exactly what the article quotes Comey as saying: “We have no basis to conclude she lied to the FBI.”

This is politics. The other side is accepting, or blithely passing off, some of the most blatant, obvious, pathological lies ever to come out of a candidate's mouth, along with almost daily flip flops, denials of things that he clearly said the day before, and are justifying that by claiming that it is what is needed to change Washington. He fired one campaign manager, Lewandowski, apparently because he wasn't able to lie in a way that wasn't blatantly obvious, and picked Manafort, who gets the puzzled, furrowed brow look and feigns innocence when confronted, and who can get enough of a whine in his voice when caught red-handed to be convincing.

The latest litany of lies to come from Trump, related to his ties and relationship with, and support for, Vladimir Putin, and the smear campaign that Manafort is directing on social media at the Khans, accusing them of everything from heading up the Muslim branch of Clinton foundation donors, to being a paid staffer for the Muslim brotherhood, all seem to be overlooked by his supporters. Compared to that, Clinton should be teaching Sunday School at Thomas Road Baptist Church.
Last edited by Sandy on Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:36 am

Four Pinochios

Pants on fire

...deal with it.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:19 am

Not a problem. Under normal circumstances, it might cause some concern and consternation within the ranks of her supporters, but with a pathological liar running as the nominee of the opposing party, she's slowly becoming the viable alternative. And it's kind of hard to press the point when both the FBI investigation and the Gowdy Benghazi investigation no. 8, or whatever it was, produced zero.
Sandy

Postby Tim Bonney » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:46 am

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:11 am

The GOP has been very disingenuous toward Hillary. They spent $7-million on the Benghazi fishing expedition and proved nothing. However when Ronald Reagan got 241 Marines killed in Lebanon and hadn't even given the sentries live ammo, a brief review in Congress glossed it over. Families never got answers there. Why the difference?
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:13 am

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:08 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:10 am

Guys. The article was highly critical of Trump. Deal with her pathology then lecture me about him.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:41 am

Trump is a classic case of Narcissistic Personality Disorder--everything is about him, not the country, not the party, not the military. It's all about how it affects him.

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:50 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:56 pm

Sandy

Postby Sandy » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:07 pm

Sandy

Postby Dave Roberts » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:28 pm

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:27 pm

If you want to talk about liars, you might want to read this synopsis of a Newsweek article about Trump's constant lying. http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/08/0 ... l=facebook
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:56 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:58 pm

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:08 pm

Sandy

Postby KeithE » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:53 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:11 pm

Well, Keith thinks she's lying. That oughta settle it.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:14 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Next

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues