[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - DNC Plays the Patriotism Card

DNC Plays the Patriotism Card

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

DNC Plays the Patriotism Card

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:29 am

I heard a good commentary that all of Trump's anti-US rhetoric appealing to Russia, praising Putin, claiming America isn't great any more, etc. left the door white one for the Dems in their convention to play up big time the patriotism card.

In the past the GOP was far better at coming across as pro-USA than the Dems were. Now it appears that the Trump takeover of the GOP is harming the GOP's standing as a pro-American pro-patriot party.

Frankly the GOP would have been better off if they'd prevented The Donald from getting the nomination even if they'd chosen unlikable Ted Cruz for the nominee.

You might think that because I'm a Democrat that I'm happy about this. I'm not! It really worries me that one of only two viable political parties in the US is in such bad shape right now. There have been plenty of times when I voted against the GOP and honestly didn't like the GOP nominee. But never before did I think the GOP nominee was a danger to the Republic.

I hope the GOP can find a way to recover from this and start nominating real Republicans rather than rich talking heads like Trump, for the sake of the nations future where, currently, you can only pick one of two candidates.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Re: DNC Plays the Patriotism Card

Postby William Thornton » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:55 am

The world is on fire. Thanks Barack and Hil.

Gonna be a no-go for the dems to try and out patriot the repubs.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:09 am

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:53 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:59 pm

Ed, I'm still amazed to find you defending Donald Trump.

Take a look at the complete list of insults that Trump has posted on Twitter. The count is now 250+

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016 ... p=cur&_r=0
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:12 pm

Just an example or two here - By the way he insults as many Republicans as he does Democrats. Why? Because the GOP chose a non-Republican nutcase to represent them.

Racial insults against Elizabeth Warren

UNITED STATES SENATOR
“Sad to watch”“bombed last night!”“Pocahontas”“Pocahontas”“wanted V.P. slot so badly but wasn't chosen because she has done nothing in the Senate”“Pocahontas”“a very weak Senator”“Goofy”“Pocahontas”“Goofy”“the least productive Senator in the U.S. Senate”“Goofy”“goofy”

Frank Luntz
POLITICAL CONSULTANT
“a total clown”“a clown”“where did you find that dumb panel”“a low-class slob”“knows nothing about me or my religion”“came to my office looking for work”

John McCain
UNITED STATES SENATOR
“has done nothing”“I am no fan”“All he does is go on television is talk, talk, talk”“incapable of doing anything.”“has failed miserably”“doing a lousy job in taking care of our Vets”“let us down”“dummy”“graduated last in his class”“should be defeated in the primaries”

Russell Moore
EVANGELICAL LEADER
“a terrible representative of Evangelicals”“A nasty guy with no heart!”

Mitt Romney
FORMER MASSACHUSETTS GOVERNOR
“choked like a dog”“a mixed up man who doesn't have a clue. No wonder he lost!”“Failed”“the man who ‘choked’ and let us all down”“Failed presidential candidate”“let us all down in the last presidential race”“a total joke, and everyone knows it!”“a disaster candidate who had no guts and choked”“Why did Mitt Romney BEG me for my endorsement four years ago?”“doesn't know how to win”“desperate move by the man who should have easily beaten Barrack Obama”“Failed Presidential Candidate”“didn't show his tax return until SEPTEMBER 21, 2012, and then only after being humiliated by Harry R”“bad messenger for estab!”“failed”“one of the dumbest and worst candidates in the history of Republican politics”“so awkward and goofy”“I don't need his angry advice”“blew an election that should have never been lost”“terrible 'choke' loss to Obama”“he choked!”“lost an election that should have easily been won”“why would anybody listen to @MittRomney?”

Ben Sasse
UNITED STATES SENATOR
“looks more like a gym rat than a U.S. Senator”“how the hell did he ever get elected?”“totally ineffective”

John Sununu
FORMER NEW HAMPSHIRE GOVERNOR
“dummy”“couldn't get elected dog catcher”“forgot to mention my phenomenal biz success rate”

Republican presidential candidates
GROUP
“a small group of people who have suffered massive and embarrassing losses”“bought and paid for by special interests!”“beg for money etc. from the Koch Brothers”“puppets”

Carly Fiorina
FORMER BUSINESS EXECUTIVE
“a V.P.candidate who failed badly”“a running mate who was unable to catch on in her own failed campaign”“campaign is dead”“failing campaign”“terrible at business”“did such a horrible job”“if you listen to Carly Fiorina for more than ten minutes straight, you develop a massive headache”“has zero chance”

indsey Graham
UNITED STATES SENATOR
“no honor!”“failed presidential candidate”“in the end he had no support”“I ran him out of the race like a little boy”“ALL TALK AND NO ACTION!”“nasty!”“Failed presidential candidate”“should respect me”“dumb mouthpiece”“got zero against me- no cred!”“had zero in his presidential run before dropping out in disgrace”“embarrasses himself with endorsement of Bush”“embarrassed himself with his failed run for President”“so easy to beat!”

John Kasich
OHIO GOVERNOR
“Typical politician”“can't make a deal work”“mathematically dead and totally desperate”“will drop like a rock in the polls”“only looks O.K. in polls against Hillary because nobody views him as a threat and therefore have placed ZERO negative ads against him”“bought and paid for by lobbyists!”“good for Mexico!”“Absentee Governor”“doesn't have what it takes”“poor”“can't debate”“dummy”“one of the worst presidential candidates in history”“so easy to beat!”“total failure”“total dud”“fell right into President Obama's trap on ObamaCare”“almost last”“he came in dead last”“I will sue him just for fun!”“so irrelevant to the race”“pathetic”“failed image”“failed campaign & debating skills”“wasting time & money”

Scott Walker
WISCONSIN GOVERNOR
“puppet”“cratered”“massive deficit, bad jobs forecast, a mess.”“not presidential material”“not smart”“your very dumb fundraiser hit me very hard--- not smart!”

Marco Rubio
UNITED STATES SENATOR
“bought and paid for by lobbyists!”“will never MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!”“worst voting record in the U.S. Senate in many years”“Lightweight”“lightweight”“Dishonest”“he is scamming Florida”“dishonest lightweight”“fraud lightweight”“big loser”“lightweight”“failed presidential candidate”“Rubio puts out ad that my pilot was a drug dealer- not true, not my pilot!”“a joke!”“worst record”“never even shows up to vote”“Interesting how my numbers have gone so far up since lightweight Marco Rubio has turned nasty. Love it!”“lightweight”“Phony”“treated America's ICE officers 'like absolute trash' in order to pass Obama's amnesty”“gave amnesty to criminal aliens guilty of 'sex offenses.' DISGRACE!”“all talk and no action”“just another Washington D.C. politician”“Little”“poor work ethic!”“Little”“the lightweight no show Senator from Florida, just another Wshington politician”“set to be the 'puppet' of the special interest Koch brothers”“Little”“the lightweight no show Senator from Florida”“lightweight Senator”“the lightweight from Florida”“little”“lightweight”“not as smart as Cruz, and may be an even bigger liar”“lightweight”“lightweight”“lightweight”“Doesn't even show up for votes!”“Lightweight”“Mr. Meltdown”“he is a choker, and once a choker, always a choker!”“Mr. Meltdown”“once a choker, always a choker!”“lightweight”“not presidential material”“looks like a little boy on stage”“looks like a little boy on stage”“not presidential material!”“Lightweight choker”“Lying”“lightweight choker”“very weak on illegal immigration”“a lightweight choker”“couldn't even respond properly to President Obama's State of the Union Speech without pouring sweat & chugging water”“a highly overrated politician”“cannot be President”“only won the debate in the minds of desperate people”“lightweight”“very disloyal to Jeb”“weak on illegal immigration”“VERY weak on illegal immigration”“perfect little puppet”“very disloyal”“never made ten cents”“totally controlled”“lazy”“worst voting record in Senate”“all talk and no action”“very weak on stopping illegal immigration”“knows nothing about finance”“VERY weak on immigration”“incapable of making great trade deals”“lightweight”“rarely there to vote on a bill”“worst attendance record in Senate”“will allow anyone into the country”“weak on illegal immigration”“truly doesn't have a clue!”“just another all talk, no action, politician”“worst voting record in Sen.”“worst voting record in Senate”

Rick Perry
FORMER TEXAS GOVERNOR
“did an absolutely horrible job of securing the border”“should be ashamed of himself”“failed on the border”“should be forced to take an IQ test”“doesn't understand what the word demagoguery means”“failed at the border”“needs a new pair of glasses”

Rand Paul
UNITED STATES SENATOR
“failed presidential candidate”“made a fool of himself”“lowly”“didn't get the right gene.”“Lightweight”“Why is @RandPaul allowed to take advantage of the people of Kentucky”“truly weird”“reminds me of a spoiled brat without a properly functioning brain”

Jeb Bush
FORMER FLORIDA GOVERNOR
“no honor!”“failed presidential candidate”“low energy”“just got contact lenses and got rid of the glasses. He wants to look cool, but it's far too late”“Just another clueless politician!”“hypocrite”“has no clue”“failed campaign”“How can @JebBush beat Hillary Clinton- if he can't beat anyone else on the #GOPDebate stage with $150M?”“lightweight”“spending a fortune of special interest against me in SC”“lightweight”“desperate and sad”“Weak”“no chance”“gave up and enlisted Mommy and his brother”“Jeb failed as Jeb”“Weak”“by far the weakest of the lot”“has gone nasty with lies”“Not a leader!”“failed campaign”“Sad!”“A pathetic figure!”“desperate”“spent a fortune of special interest money on a Super Bowl ad”“weak candidate”“zero communication skills”“had to bring in mommy to take a slap at me”“total disaster”“will do anything to stay at the trough”“at the bottom of the barrel”“low energy guy”“he should go home and relax!”“low energy”“sad sack”“did poorly last night in the debate”“chances of winning are zero”“weak & ineffective”“campaign is a disaster”“low-energy individual”“low-energy 'stiff'”“has no chance”“a sad case”“a total embarrassment to himself and his family”“took millions of $'s of hit ads on me”“spent $59 million & done”“failed candidate”“ridiculous”“SO SAD”“he's bottom (and gone), I'm top (by a lot)”“poor”“really pathetic”“phony”“low energy”“weak”“campaign is a disaster”“a loser”“can't win”“terrible on Face the Nation”“a basket case”“ineffective”“weak”“false advertising”“campaign is a disaster”“puppet”“cratered”“puppet”“if Jeb Bush were more competent he could not have lost the skirmish with Marco”“stupid message”“VERY weak on illegal immigration”“campaign is in total disarray”“paid ridiculous amounts of money”“if he can't manage his campaign, how can he manage our countries finances?”“had a tiny 300 person crowd”“totally lost”“too soft”“our country needs more energy and spirit than you can provide!”“pathetic”“doubled Florida State debt”“has been confused for forty years”“policies in Florida helped lead to its almost total collapse”“100% CONTROLLED”“a failing campaign”“just can't get it right!”“bad on women's health issues”“weak on illegal immigration”“no more Bushes”“fell more than anybody”“is miserable”“just doesn't get it”“will never secure the border”“will NEVER Make America Great Again”
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:13 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:32 pm

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:21 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:24 pm

Ed, just so you know, most of what I know about Donald Trump I've gotten straight from Donald Trump's mouth. I watch video footage of Trump. I've watch parts of a lot of his speeches. I don't need the media to know how seriously dangerous, racist, and near fascist he is. His crazy speaks for itself.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:58 pm

Sandy

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:03 pm

I'd have a hard time not favoring a near life time loyal Democrat over a newbie Democrat who just joined the party so he could run for President.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Obama did not light the match

Postby Stephen Fox » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:07 pm

"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

I found this Insightful as well

Postby Stephen Fox » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:20 pm

When William goes low, Dave Roberts and I go High :D :D :lol: :lol:

Hope some of you will benefit from these thoughts as I did. and consider the 12 responses to date to these musings.

http://religiondispatches.org/boos-jews ... on-at-dnc/
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

White One?

Postby Haruo » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:23 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:52 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:03 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:07 pm

Well, surely Reality TV experience counts as real life experience, much as military school counts as military service.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:59 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Mrs Haruo » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:19 am

:D It will probably take us a year to get the bags of juniper brush out of the flat part of our driveway we have been cutting out of the retaining wall on the street side of El Rancho Lumbago. After that there should be plenty of room for you and Trudy to park the motor home, complete with a garden hose and extension cord for hook-ups. Our waste water system still has components dating back to 1941, so we would appreciate it if you found another location for dumping however. Two adults are sometimes a strain on our drainage system. The Puget Sound VA Medical Center is about half way between us and Downtown Seattle. There's a new parking garage and by next year, a HUGE new mental health research building should be finished.
If you contact Evergreen district headquarters, Trudy should have no trouble picking up a few guest preaching spots. Japanese Baptist is looking for a new permanent senior pastor, as our own Pastor Jennifer has just stepped down due to a second baby on the way. Haruo is more in the know about other churches in the area.
Don't despair if your job and your rewards are few, remember that the mighty oak was once a nut like you!
Mrs Haruo

Postby Dave Roberts » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:41 am

"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:03 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:12 pm

Ed Pettibone