[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - The Most Powerful Word from the DNC

The Most Powerful Word from the DNC

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

The Most Powerful Word from the DNC

Postby Dave Roberts » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:58 pm

A Muslim immigrant family put it better on the final night of the DNC than did any other speaker. Listen all the way through this one, if you did not see it live.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Re: The Most Powerful Word from the DNC

Postby Sandy » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:28 pm

It was an outstanding speech, particularly his offering to loan Trump a copy of the constitution to read.

Today, Trump vented his frustration in saying that there were some speakers at the DNC that he wanted to punch. Tomorrow he'll say he never said that, or that wasn't what he meant.
Sandy

Postby Jim » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:42 pm

I haven’t surfed by in a very long time to catch the themes but happened to do so today.  I saw this as it happened and wondered who could be dumb enough to conceive it or put it on the Dem-circus (poor Bernie...could have converted us into Venezuela).  The father made no sacrifice at all…it was the son who made the sacrifice just as Jesus the son, not the Father, went to the cross.  The son most likely died under the democrat administration’s auspices, so how in the world could his death be connected to Trump?  This was the cheapest and most stupid shot during the whole clambake.  The man should have waved the Constitution at Obama, who devastated defenseless Libya through seven hard months perhaps because he needed a war for his legacy. He created a wasteland and a lot of dead Libyans. A few verses to depict France, Germany and Belgium today but certainly not the U.S.:

His Head

He swore allegiance to Allah,
To which his friend said merely, “Bah!”
This put the friendship in a strain
But did not break a longtime chain
Of visits, meals, discussions, too,
That through the years had made the two
Almost like brothers...side-by-side,
Same street, same numbers, there abide.

Conversion was the mode of change...
From atheist thus rearrange
Belief in no god to Allah
To which the friend again said, “Bah!”
When pressed, the convert pointed to
The things a Muslim may not do
Like drink or smoke or eat some ham
And thus show strength...temptations ****.

The friend allowed he had a point,
Such virtue...yes...he could anoint,
But then he asked his friend just how
To Allah he could make a vow
When holy book said infidel
Must be enslaved or damned to hell
Through death at loyal Muslim's sword –
His friend's death...yes...for his new lord.

With that, they went their ways – no sweat –
And often at their fence they met
To talk of things, but not Allah
And so the friend said no more, “Bah!”
A short time later, friend was found,
His hands behind him had been bound,
His body bruised, of course, quite dead,
And in the alley was his head.

I notice, also, that homosexuality has replaced cleanliness as next to Godliness these days. Yeah, I'm as ignorant, mean-spirited and insensitive as ever. Ancient now, I'm proof that age can work some wonders.
Jim

Postby Haruo » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:32 pm

Still enjoying your music, Jim, but your take on Islam almost makes me want to set I AM AMALEK as my FB profile pic.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:52 pm

Too much beard and too old! Why not aspire to Ahmadinejad's portraiture or maybe Jordan's top Muslim? I still have your Christmas collection on my shelf here and am singing silently through The Carol of the Fir Tree.
Jim

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:21 pm

Trump has now responded to the speech from the DNC with the cultural sensitivity of Attila the Hun. He criticized the wife for not speaking at the DNC. Is Trump's education so short that he doesn't understand that in a traditional Muslim setting, women do not speak while men are speaking.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:22 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby David Flick » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:16 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:22 pm

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:30 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:32 pm

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:40 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:05 pm

Ed, when the Muslim man spoke and his wife kept silence beside him, I hardly think the topic was the celebration of distaff leadership.

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:21 am

H: It's a fun song, and your tune works very well in it. If I can figure out how to do a proper fasola setting of it, maybe I'll include it in my projected shapenote tunebook, Sankta Harmonio. Refresh me on where I can find scores to your other compositions.

Found here:
Jim

Postby Haruo » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:45 pm

Thanks!

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:26 pm

My last mean-spirited Elucidation and back into exile: http://ruckmaker.blogspot.com/2016/08/black-soul.html.
Jim

Postby Dave Roberts » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:04 pm

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:54 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:43 pm

Jim's views of Islam are way off. Christians are not considered "infidels" by non-extremist Muslims. Non-extremist Muslims don't interpret the Q'uran as calling for the killing of Jews. Jim you might as well quote the KKK as an example of Christianity, the equivalent of passing off extremist Muslims as who most Muslims are.

I would suggest you read Resa Aslan's Book, "No God But God" if you want to hear from a mainstream Muslims about the Islamic faith. You might also talk to some actual Muslims.

My church had a series of presentations on Islam by a Religious Studies professor at Morningside College She has read the Q'uran extensively and is learning Arabic so she can read it in its original context.

We have two mosques in the Sioux City area and the Immams from those mosques participate in interfaith events with Christians and Jews and are in ongoing conversation with the local Rabbi here in Sioux City.

It is easy to mis-charactize people you don't know.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:45 pm

Jim

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:51 pm

Here is what John McCain says about the fallen hero who happened to be a Muslim.

http://www.johnmccain.com/statement-joh ... an-family/
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:53 pm

Jim

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:56 pm

Jim, I can only go by what you write. Unless, of course, you are telling me that was not your blog article.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:15 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Jim » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:12 am