[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - DNC in disarray

DNC in disarray

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

DNC in disarray

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:14 pm

DId somebody say E-Mail? :) :) :) :)
Ed Pettibone

Re: DNC in disarray

Postby Haruo » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:47 pm

I think I heard a hint of that term being whispered about.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:07 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:31 am

Only dem I know who is better at lying than Hil.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:31 pm

A hack by Russians to try and help Trump? That's a good pitch. I'd go with that, if I were a Republican. :wink:

Probably the clearest and most concise evidence to prove this conspiracy against Bernie is that virtually the entire first night of the convention is made up of his surrogates as speakers.

I'm convinced. It's in disarray. :lol:
Sandy

Postby David Flick » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:26 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:51 pm

Doesn't seem like much of a debacle at this point. Cory Booker, Michelle Obama and Elizabeth Warren pulled it together. No plagiarism yet, and it doesn't look anything like the debacle in Cleveland. No state delegation walked out, the convention unanimously passed a platform that was as much the work of Bernie Sanders as it was the Clinton campaign. They nailed it tonight in true form for Democrats.
Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:25 am

Wonder why the GOP didn't think of the 8 ft fence surrounding the conv hall? Concertina barbed wire next?

The dens booed the invocation. Now that's disarray.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:08 am

I need to read DNC platform is see how progressive it really is. Perhaps Sanders provided enough vision.

But can I trust Hillary to stick with it? Obama didn’t (and it all wasn’t just because of the Republicans - Gitmo, deportation, drones, weakening of Dodd-Frank).

Will the the Republican intransigence remain? That is the sickness that has lowered our country into sub-greatness.

WOW - Michelle, Corey, Warren, Sanders. All Star cast performed well.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:24 am

The GOP didn't need a fence. They had the whole area around the convention center cordoned off, from two or three blocks back, so that the pathways from the hotels to the convention center were clear of any potential protesters. I went over there on Wednesday, and the closest I got was Fourth St. where most of the media was headquartered. That was about two blocks walk from the convention center, and that's where the wall was located. Beyond Prospect St. you had to have press or delegate credentials to get in. Interesting that you mention Concertina barbed wire. The chain link fence on the west side of the convention center in Cleveland has three nice rows of it at the top. :lol:

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.4962035 ... 6656?hl=en

Well, let's see, the party progressives, basically the Sanders people, got free rein over the speaker platform the first night of the convention, they came together on the few issues that still divided them from the campaign, including opposition to the TPP and busting up the big banks, and by the time the evening was over, in-house polling showed that over 90% of Bernie's delegates were on board with Hillary.

What a disaster. :wink:
Sandy

Postby Tim Bonney » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:31 am

Yes the supposed "disarray" is over-blown. Michelle Obama gave a superb speech last night.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:36 am

I think we're headed to Philadelphia later this afternoon. We want to be there for the acceptance speech, though I hear that it may be difficult to get into the arena.
Sandy

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:46 am

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues