[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Hillary's America:The Secret History Of The Democratic Party

Hillary's America:The Secret History Of The Democratic Party

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Hillary's America:The Secret History Of The Democratic Party

Postby David Flick » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:05 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Re: Hillary's America:The Secret History Of The Democratic P

Postby KeithE » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:42 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:20 am

I worry about you David getting sucked into what is obviously a spurious piece of conspiracy theorism. "The secret history." Right. What next, "The Secret history of the Bermuda Triangel?" "The Secret history of Christianity" "The Secret History of Area 51." :lol:
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:16 am

I think I've already seen that movie...constantly...for the last quarter century or so.

Keith I wouldn't want to see Jill and Bern hook up.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:46 am

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:19 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:26 pm

Trump had some good things to say, supportive things to say, nice things to say about Saddam Hussein. And Erdoğan. Not that he would give them visas...
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:43 pm

Well David, you've just shown why I'm concerned about it. It feels like to me over that last two or three years you've taken a conservative shift that really doesn't sound like the David I used to know. I'm not saying you weren't conservative before. But wow, conspiracy movies now make sense to you? And now, I'm your opponent rather than your friend.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:44 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:51 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:28 pm

Glad to hear that we are still friends David. No intention of twisting words. :)
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:26 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Sandy » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:01 pm

I remember a similar film being released before Bill Clinton ran for president, showing airplanes landing and taking of at the airport in Mena, Arkansas, alluding to some kind of drug import conspiracy that he was supposedly involved in, and all the stuff about Whitewater and Vince Foster. I don't remember if I saw that at a theater, or in a church, but remember everyone talking about how the Democrats were going to be in a pickle to figure out how to counter that, and there was no way they could win with all of that out, and blah, blah, blah. Then Clinton handily defeated the incumbent President Bush. The left has done the same thing, I recall, with Michael Moore at least one time coming out with a film that set some box office records at the time. I don't think that had an effect on the outcome of the election. At this point, all this sort of thing is doing is confirming her claim that her opponents are unrestrained in their lying, cheating and slandering of her character in order to win, and it is helping gain her support, especially after Trump's diatribe Thursday evening.

I'd like to see this one, but I'll wait until it's free.

Hillary is running against a candidate, and a core group of supporters, who already have a record of lying through their teeth, and inventing slanderous statements in order to gain an advantage. It started with the birther nonsense, and it has grown into statements like Trump claiming to have seen a picture of Ted Cruz's father having breakfast with Lee Harvey Oswald. He drops these statements like firecrackers, and then when pinned up against the wall for verification, passes them off by saying that some news source reported it. I don't think it even matters to him if he gets caught in a lie because he believes, like he's said, that he could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot someone and people would still support him. It's starting to have the effect of crying wolf.
Sandy

Postby David Flick » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:18 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:54 pm

No David. I wasn't ever a moderate American Baptist. I was a liberal, Roger Williams Fellowship American Baptist. I am a former Vice President of the Roger Williams Fellowship. I voted to keep W&A churches in the ABC/USA. I wasn't quite as outspoken on LGBT issues as I am now. But that is about it. I was actually still a Baptist when I became more open about my views on same sex marriage, etc.

My blog when I was ABC was freebaptist.org and the conservatives in the ABC knew just how liberal I was and said so. I've voted Democrat since I was in my 20s and haven't cast a ballot for a GOP candidate in probably more than 20 years.

Sorry, I was a liberal Baptist and now a liberal Methodist. Not much difference there other than me adopting a more conservative view of baptism than Y'all. :wink:
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:56 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:00 pm

By the way, Roger Ebert called it the, "single dumbest documentary that I've ever seen in my life." Another review page called it a "screed."
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:58 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:40 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:43 am

How long we been up dong this? 25 years or so?

Ed: SBC...CBF...ABC
TIm: SBC...ABC...UMC
DAvid: SBC...CBF...not sure ABC of a sort.
Keith:"SBC...SBC/CBF
WT: SBC...SBC
ET: SBC...SBC
BG: SBC...cbf
Haruo: not sure
Dave: SBC...CBF
Sandy: SBC...CBF...SBC...CMA
Fox: SBC...???
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:36 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:31 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Tim Bonney » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:04 pm

Sure David, I've changed. But I'm only slightly more liberal than I've ever been. Moving from ABC to UMC wasn't a move to be more liberal. (Or less liberal). It was a different kind of change.

Maybe your views are as they always have been. If so I find that confusing. But I'll take your word for it.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:06 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:55 pm