[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - 6 More Reasons to Not Vote for DNC/Hillary

6 More Reasons to Not Vote for DNC/Hillary

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

6 More Reasons to Not Vote for DNC/Hillary

Postby KeithE » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:46 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: 6 More Reasons to Not Vote for DNC/Hillary

Postby Tim Bonney » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:40 pm

I'm a liberal progressive Democrat. The only option to Trump is to vote for Clinton. Anything else is throwing away your vote unless you are already in a deep deep red state. For those of us in pivotal or contested states, there is no way on earth I'd vote for John Doe American (someone I've never heard of other than on BL.Com) for President. :roll: :roll:

We don't need another Brexit here. I saw testimonies from England saying, "I was a protest vote, I didn't know if it mattered that I voted for Brexit!" Unbelievable. The English never have the right to call the US dumb again. They just shot themselves in both feet and in the head.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:53 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:45 pm

Ironically, I don't think either Stein or Johnson will improve their current standing. Johnson has the same problem that some of the Republicans had in the early primaries. They aren't too well known, and they have to speak in order to promote their position. That sunk several Republican candidates in 2012, like Rick Perry and Michelle Bachmann, and several more this time around, like Ben Carson and Bobby Jindahl. Johnson seems to have trouble getting his ideas across. Stein will not ever make the thresholds necessary to get into the open debate. And its a pipe dream to think that Sanders will endorse her. He's already pretty much endorsed Hillary, and ultimately he'll wind up doing that. As a voter, you never get candidates who are 100% in agreement on all issues, nor are the platforms that way. Sanders and Stein might represent more specific positions on some niche issues, but he's no longer a viable candidate, and she's not even going to come close to getting enough support to get on a debate stage, much less win.
Sandy

Postby KeithE » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:08 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:35 am

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:34 am

That's pretty much it for me, too. I'd vote for anyone the Democrats nominated. It's interesting that, even though both have high negatives, with Trump's being the highest by far, the Libertarian and Green candidates don't seem to be getting any more traction. Trump's negatives are driving Democrats and a lot of independents toward Hillary, and some Republicans, while many are resolving to just stay home. Johnson is a libertarian for a reason, and I don't think he'd get much of either the tea partiers or evangelicals. Most of the far left knows how bad things would be if Trump is president.
Sandy

Postby Tim Bonney » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:55 am

If you want me to give you reasons I support Hillary Clinton and the DNC over the GOP I'll give you a few though as I said above, I'd vote for anyone in the Dems side over the GOP and almost anyone over Trump.

1. Women's Rights (I am not pro-abortion but I am pro-choice, pro-equal pay, etc.)
2. Minority Rights/Race (The GOP has become nearly Xenophobic.)
3. Immigration views
4. Experience in government (Clinton has experience. Trump none.)
5. LGBTQ Rights
6. Religious Rights (Trump's anti-Muslim ideas could lead to wide religious discrmination.)
7. Gun Safety and the NRA's control over the GOP.
8. Health Care, the GOP voting again and again and again and again and again and again to repeal the ACA while offering nothing as an alternative.
9. The GOP's coziness with the Religious Right and the Religious Right's influence in GOP politics.
10. That the Dems in the end nominate the centrist candidate and the GOP is choosing an extremist as its candidate.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:07 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:23 am

No, Sandy and I are being practical. There are two parties in this country right now that can elect a President. It doesn't matter if some little group out there has a slightly better platform (or even a much better platform) if they aren't electable.

Have you seen any major news stories on Stein or Johnson? This is the first place and almost the only place I see their names in print. Go to the major news sources and ask yourself how many Americans even know they exist? I might as well vote for myself as to vote for either of them.

I agree with a lot of your views Keith but you have a tendency towards the quixotic. Voting for either of those two right now is tilting at a windmill.
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:45 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:56 pm

I really like Warren. I've lost a lot of respect for Bernie. He now seems more interested in what is good for Bernie than what will keep Trump out of office. He needs to endorse Clinton and move on. He jumped into a party not his own and now seems ticked off that he could not take it all over. He hasn't given enough days, much less years, to think he should call all the shots in the DNC. He's look like another grumpy old guy, just a liberal grump instead of a conservative grump.

The truth is that moderates win elections and not the fringe.

Enjoy your tilting. But I'll not tilt at anything until Donald Trump is thought of as a bad dream. And if he gets elected, Lord help us all!
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues