[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - politics of the NRA

politics of the NRA

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

politics of the NRA

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:07 pm

I can not see how Martin Luther King, Jr would sign off on them or the silence of Billy Graham and the BGEA on the matter. most likely King would send Graham and his kind another letter from the Bham Jail informed by the easily googled by NPR NPR On the Media Report over the weekend and the PBS Frontline Doc on same. Hope Baptists Today has an informed piece soon on the politics of the NRA.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Joseph Morgan on gun politics

Postby Stephen Fox » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:49 pm

Stephen Fox

Re: politics of the NRA

Postby John Sneed » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:13 pm

The NRA is composed of law abiding American citizens. Repeating ... law..abiding..Americans. Politicians are always attacking the law abiding Americans and patting themselves on the back for attacking bad guys. But they never go after bad guys, only the law abiding Americans. The NRA represents people who see the government coming for our right to defend ourselves. Once one constitutional amendment is history the rest will quickly follow. I believe with all my heart that it is within Obama and many other liberals to corral us into state owned gulags. By defending our constitutional rights, the NRA helps us stay free. That is the politics of the NRA.
John Sneed

Postby KeithE » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:55 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:19 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

It appears neither John nor David Flick

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:23 pm

Have the intellectual honesty, or Christian integrity to do a simple google search and engage the NPR Pieice and PBS Documentary on the Politcs of the NRA, they just spit out the tired old shibboleths.

Google, On the Media, The Untold Story of Guns for the NPR piece of Jan 8 and go to church with an online devotional Listen to the side of the story you don't want to hear.

Stephen Fox

Re: It appears neither John nor David Flick

Postby David Flick » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:40 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:59 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:19 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:10 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:09 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby KeithE » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:32 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:04 pm

Ed: Does any one know what Keith is saying in the post just above?
Ed Pettibone

Postby KeithE » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:23 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:17 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Lou » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:16 pm

Lou

Jojo in the thicket

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:16 pm

I appreciate Lou weighing in but I want every one to clearly understand I was sharing Joseph as the son of the local Baptist minister who is blinded by the politics of abortion. I resist JoJo and their take on the politics of abortion which I think is chocked full of "mendacity"

I think, to be clear, David Flick is blinded by the mendacity of the NRA and too stubborn to listen online to the On the Media NPR piece I share with the open heart a Christian should. I share the concerns of NPR and PBS Frontline Doc; not not Jojo the local Tea Party Preacher's son.

Just want to be clear. Thanks.

Would be interested in carrying on the conversation with anyone who has the curiousity and integrity to listen in full to the On the Media examination.

Stephen Fox

great piece in New Yorker by Evan Osnos

Postby Stephen Fox » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:57 pm

NRA and the politics of Fear

Stephen Fox

Postby Sandy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:14 pm

If you're in favor of keeping guns out of the hands of radicalized, Islamic terrorists, then pass a law that makes that happen. One good thing may come out of this. If something doesn't happen, it will cost a lot of Republican senators their seats.
Sandy

Postby KeithE » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:03 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Evan Osnos in New Yorker and On NPR

Postby Stephen Fox » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:44 am

Google Osnos NPR Fresh Air and listen online and read the transcript. Indicting of David Flick and his foolishness re the NRA

Also google his magnificent piece in New Yorker on the NRA Selling Fear. Link it on your facebook wall.Talk about it in Sunday School. Call your legislators as I called the DC office of NC Senator Thom Tillis last week.

Stephen Fox

educating Flick on the 2nd Amendment

Postby Stephen Fox » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:02 am

Stephen Fox

Re: Evan Osnos in New Yorker and On NPR

Postby Haruo » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:54 pm

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:35 pm

I found out today that to get a replacement key for my Prius (wife lost hers) requires that a background check be performed on the owner (including not being on the No Fly Terrorist List). Now it is a keyless remote system with a transmitter and that is most likely the issue. It took about an hour to do that check but they (the local Toyota dealer) warned me it often took over a day. New buyers often have to wait even longer, they said.

I guess this means it is easier for a terrorist to buy a gun (even assault rifle) than to purchase a keyless car or even get a replacement transmitter.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Baptist millenials to convene at Riverside NYC on Guns

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:44 am

Stephen Fox

Next

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues