[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Fox News

Fox News

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Fox News

Postby Dave Roberts » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:47 pm

I found this discussion of how Fox News operates. I watched a little while, and it all seemed clear.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Re: Fox News

Postby KeithE » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:01 pm

Fixed Dave’s link.

Very good infographics and discussion that is “Oh So Very True”.

Ask that all read it.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:25 am

I deal often with a family member who watches a great deal of Fox. The levels of paranoia fanned by watching it makes this especially true for me as I look at the study of how they fan this. If you watch enough of Fox, any event becomes a crisis or an "ALERT" flashing in your life.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:46 am

Done, don't watch it...or, try and repeal the first amendment, or get the gummit to set up its own ministry of propaganda. No wait, we've already got that with the MSS.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:16 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:19 am

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:27 am

Ed: NOTE! Only Democrats show up as claiming Comedy Central as their most trusted news source. :roll:
Ed Pettibone

Postby Sandy » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:55 am

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:41 pm

You guys have a solution?
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:40 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:28 pm

Keith, the quote from Sandy above makes it look like I said it instead of Sandy.

Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:56 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:13 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:21 am

Don’t know what the Harmony Drive Through Zoo means to this discussion other than show you bitterness toward me with well some ahhh delusional statements. It is a good place to drive through. Been there maybe 10 times with my children or grandchildren over the years. Have not seen a unicorn yet.

is a list of awards Al Jazeera has won since it started in 2006. It is highly respected internationally and majors on investigative reporting which has become a lost art in MSM and most Cable News.

Getting back to the original subject of this topic, I see where for newscasting since its inception in 1996. Oh it has a high listenership for sure. That speaks more to the people who listen to it than its journalism excellence. It did win an award (along with CNN) from a for mistakenly declaring the SCOTUS ruled the ACA was unconstitutional. CNN apologized in a timely and forthright manner; Fox News didn’t.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:02 am

David, isn't that a stretch to say that a new network that supports climate change is therefore going to lie about a doping story in sports?

I know you don't believe in global climate change but a lot of reputable people do. It is akin to you saying that because I believe in global climate change that I'd lie about the attendance stats at my church, or something equally unrelated. :o
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:42 am

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:43 am

Of course, my recollection of the 1960 campaign may have been colored by my age at the time. ;-)
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:49 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:44 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:21 am

As of about a year ago I started reading Al Jazeera America along with CNN as my main online news sources. Also get emails from Washington Post on Opinion pages and occasionally buy a NY Times usually for some details on specific subjects. On TV I mainly watch CNN and MSNBC but am doing less of any TV watching these days preferring online sources instead. And I often listen to Democracy Now about 10:00 am for their 10 minute news summary (it often mentions stories not given anywhere else).

Al Jazeera and Democracy Now have the best coverage of international news imo. I may try Reuter's on Dave’s recommendation.

I have always found Al Jazeera America to be neutrally worded unlike MSNBC’s nighttime lineup of left leaning commentary or the sarcastic right wing tone found at Fox News. By “sarcastic” I mean liberals are not just wrong they are conveyed as idiots (by Bill O’Reilly, Sean Hannity, Greg Gutfield, etc.). To be fair Rachel Maddow employs that tone as well of conservatives but not Chris Matthews, Lawrence O'Donnell, Chris Hayes or Al Sharpton (who is more angry than sarcastic).

Give Al Jazeera America a try at if you have not already.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:28 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:00 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Chris » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:19 pm

My 99½ year old father was our house guest for Christmas. When he discovered there were no football games to watch, he asked, "Do you get Fox>" I instinctively knew he didn't mean FOX-TV, but that he meant FNC. Do you tell a 99 yr old guest he cant watch a channel on your TV? I dodged the question and found something we both liked.
Jesus paid the price for me and everybody.
Chris

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues