Steve Fox debates Donald Trump

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Steve Fox debates Donald Trump

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:21 pm

Between fact and legend go with the legned

Last Friday when Trump came to Bama he was on afternoon call in with Bham station loosely associated with SBC IMB through Bham Church of brook Hills and Yellowhammer Radio. SBC preacher's son Cliff Simms was the host--Simms hardowried to rightwing factions at FBC Gardendale where Steve Gaines, Adrian Rogers successor comes from; Simms was host. I called in and talked to Simms about five minutes after Trump went off the phone. I was on for four minutes, just 7 shy of Ben Carson's total time in the Fox News Debate, so I'm a contender.

Simms and Birch Society Crawford Broadcasting are a menace. I may blog about them soon, the need for IMB to distinguish themselves from these race baiters, and fundies of the worst sort, masquerading as Babdiss conservatives. Some don't know their hiney from a Hole in the ground, but they have the right to vote and that's what scarey; love their guns more than they understand Jeesus!

IMB CEO David Platt came there from Church of Brook Hills. All hardwired to Crawford Broadcasting and Church of the Highlands.
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Donald Trump and White Nationalists on NPR

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:06 pm

http://www.npr.org/2015/09/03/437195328 ... nald-trump

I notifed FBC Spartanburg about this as Trump has said Trey Gowdy would make a good attorney general
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Steve Fox debates Donald Trump

Postby Sandy » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:10 pm

Stephen, you've sort of made a good point. But you've wrapped it up in so much of your dream world fantasy that it zaps the credibility.

I believe that there's resurgent racism in this country that is, indeed, a menace to our freedom, our civil and individual constitutional rights. I believe the tea party was more or less the froth on the kettle, and Trump's bigotry is finding an audience that has been frustrated by its inability to win the past two Presidential elections. On the one hand, I'm glad to see that he seems to be reaching the upper limits of his potential support, and his negative numbers grow faster than his positive ones do. On the other hand, it is somewhat discouraging to see that he is able to capture 25% of the support of people who call themselves Republicans. That's not a good thing in a freedom loving, diverse society. Unfortunately, a lot of Christians, not just the conservative or fundamentalist variety, are caught up that. so much so that the candidates who actually are Evangelical Christians can't get out of single digit polling numbers.

If you know Baptist polity, you know there's not any way to connect, through individual church membership or association, the SBC with Crawford Broadcasting. Guilt by association of church membership is not consistent with Baptist principles or polity, which I am sure you know but choose to ignore. If you'd have just stayed with your initial theme, you'd have been fine.
Sandy

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues