[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Short Break...

Short Break...

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Re: Short Break...

Postby KeithE » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:06 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:14 am

This is about false and exaggerated claims, alarmist scare tactics, that undermine and soil your, Gore and others' reputation on the subject. Nothing personal. You cut your own cred with the 911 stuff.

I've said before that public policy is far too important to leave to the technocrats.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:36 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:32 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:47 am

God help you in your anger against this man. So bad it is that you insist on holding him to the lower limit of when he said the Arctic sea ice could disappear in the summer. His range in 2007 was 5/7 years to 22 years (2012 to 2029). In 2009 his range was 2014 to 2030. And he always used the word could not would.

Besides his major point was and is that the Arctic is melting.

The truth is for Septembers, 65% has already disappeared since 1979 - alarming enough ; for Aprils the loss has been 29% - still a notable loss.

DATA:
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:33 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:59 am

David,

Your “source” ’s 35 sec snippet provided by Ed Driscoll is said to be Gore speaking on Dec 13, 2008 but it is not his major speech to the UN Climate Conference in Poland on Dec 13, 2008 given . But it very well could be from some side session at that event.

Nonetheless this 35 second snippet taken from somewhere at sometime does have Gore saying the disappearance of the Arctic Sea Ice “may well be” within 5 years. He did not say “would be” as Driscoll said. And he very well may have given the other scientific opinion that the Arctic Sea Ice 'could disappear in the summer by 2029/30' like he led off with in 2007 and 2009 statements - we don’t know and I certainly do not trust . Gore no doubt based his lower end prediction on the Naval Postgraduate studies in 2007.

Now let’s supposed some SBCite (say William) were to say “statistics show the CBF could disappear in as much as 22 years or as little as 5/7 years”. Would it be fair for David Flick or Keith Noren to say William’s prediction was wrong and discredit him after say 9 years? Especially if CBF membership dropped some. Only after 22 years could we start satirizing his prediction. And what if the CBF was down to 10% of what it once was after 22 years? I’d say his prediction would be quite good.

Yes I know William would never say such a thing but it is just an example.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:23 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby David Flick » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:09 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:54 am

The national CBF could fold its tent in as little as ten years. It's long term survival, 25 years and out, is certainly not guaranteed.

Feel free to remind me of my statement if it proves to be inaccurate.

The difference, and it's quite substantial,is that I am not trying to scare anyone, not trying to motivate anyone towards drastically changing behavior, not morally condemning anyone for not supporting CBF to a greater degree. I'm not proposing taxes on non-cbfers, transfers of wealth from the SBC to CBF. I don't have made up, impenetrable computer models fed data by sometimes faulty sources and tweaked with self-serving, questionable adjustments. My opinions aren't fueled by heavy financial support of governments, lobbyists, and/or others bent on destruction of moderate baptists. I'm not making movies, making investments, gaining awards, receiving speaking fees, or any other remuneration for my predictions.

...other than all that, I suppose it's about the same.

Hope you have a nice, but not too soggy, Christmas.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby David Flick » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:55 pm

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:45 am

Ed: I wonder if it may have been providential that while doing another search earlier yesterday, I ran across this : "Engineers and science majors are most heavily concentrated on the East and West Coasts, with the highest percentages in the District of Columbia, California, Washington and Maryland, and the lowest in Southern and Plains states." My first thought was, perhaps that explains somethings about KeithE. I am still wondering. Some areas of the East & West Coast, I understand being on the heavy side. DC and the adjacent Maryland, I wonder about. I am guessing it has something to do with DC being where a lot of research money is earmarked and distributed.
Ed Pettibone

Postby KeithE » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:49 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:58 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:15 am

The CBF could fold before noon today.
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:25 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:35 am

William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:04 pm

Ed Pettibone

Previous