[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Biggest Joke on Television Tonight

Biggest Joke on Television Tonight

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Re: Biggest Joke on Television Tonight

Postby Sandy » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:34 pm

Sandy

Postby Tim Bonney » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:41 pm

Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:48 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Sandy » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:26 pm

Sandy

Postby Tim Bonney » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:39 pm

Was not asking questions when it is "that time of the month" one of the "real solutions" you heard The Donald offer. :wink:
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:13 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:27 am

Trump didn't use those words. But the idea was that Megyn Kelly was asking the tough questions she was asking because of her menstrual cycle. I assume you've heard about the controversy?

Here is the quote, "You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes," Trump told CNN's Don Lemon on Friday night. "Blood coming out of her wherever."

Trumps already lost much of the women's vote and the Latino vote. I guess he is banking on the angry white man's vote. :-P
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:12 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Lou » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:38 pm

Lou

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:15 pm

Of course Trump didn't interpret it later as he originally meant it because he saw how people reacted to it. You don't think the conservatives would have disinvited him from events if they interpreted the way Trump now does?

Right now, according to USA Today, Trump has 17% of the Republican vote. Big deal. Another poll I read a while back stated that 60% of Republicans said they'd never vote for The Donald. So how does the guy get elected when more than half his OWN part says they'd never vote for him?
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:10 pm

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:27 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby Ed Pettibone » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:32 pm

Ed: And Tim where have I defended Trump? I have offered a few corrections to some misinformed claims. I do have a problem with his language at times but then I also sometimes have have a problem with Megyn Kelley's language. And I have sat in board rooms with some Hoosier politicians who's language I sometimes disproved of but come election day I voted for the ones I trusted. And Timothy, what has happened to to your polemic for freedom of speech?

But the fact is the more I research him to more I am inclined to think perhaps what this country needs is a manager rather than some one adept in juggling PC. But as I have said it is a long way to go to the convention and the election.

You may want to take a look at my reply to Lou also.
Ed Pettibone

Postby Tim Bonney » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:10 pm

I have no problem with you speaking freely. But that doesn't mean I can't find it comical when you certainly appear to be defending Trump. I'm not a fan of Megyn Kelly either. But is sure is funny when Trump says things that are totally inappropriate, rude, anti-women whatever someone trots out the concept that not being PC is a positive attribute.

A lack of manners, a lack of good taste, a lack of tact, a lack of respect for women, and lacking the ability control one's tongue isn't a positive set of attributes for a President.

Trumps problem is that he believes that being rich makes him some special gift to the rest of us.

Use your freedom of speech all you like Ed. And I'll exercise my freedom to be amused. :D
Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:20 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby Tim Bonney » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:42 am

Tim Bonney

Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Postby Lou » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:48 am

Lou

Postby Sandy » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:27 am

Sandy

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:20 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby KeithE » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:40 am

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:31 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby KeithE » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:18 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:50 pm

Ed: "And Keith do you know any thing of the back story of the incident that Trump was speaking about, Perhaps Haueo has something,since it occurred in the city where he lives.

Here is a link http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/08/politics/ ... index.html"

BTW, where do you find Trump uttering the words "beat up ".[/quote]
Yes I know the backstory at the Sanders/Malley democratic event. Sanders handled with much more class than Trump indicated he would do. The quote above adequately shows Trump's insensitivity. It is yet another crude response from Trump, imo.

Keith: "You are welcome to excuse any such Trump statements you want to. I think it is unbecoming of anyone who wants to be a President of any company let alone of the USA"

Ed: Keith, here is an opinion of the event take over by BLN activist with which I agree far more than with your bleeding hart taunts.
And BYW the "Beat Up" was in the story header, I have searched and find nowhere that supports the header claim that Trump uttered that "beat up" phrase. Trump did say he would fight to keep the microphone while suggesting that he would have better security at his events. But do read this;

http://www.thestranger.com/news/feature ... ie-sanders
Ed Pettibone

Postby David Flick » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:47 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:53 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues