[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - Right Wing Attacks

Right Wing Attacks

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Right Wing Attacks

Postby KeithE » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:23 am

The US populace has

Most of these US-based attacks (both sides) can have a “terrorizing” effect, but their intentions are more reactionary and less calculated than classical terrorism which aims to literally “terrorize” people like those killed. Israel’s attacks on Gaza and Boko Haram’s attacks in Afrca are more classical terrorism, imo.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: Right Wing Attacks

Postby ET » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:34 pm

Of course, this doesn't take into consideration any planned attacks that have been stopped before they occurred or that went awry - such as the , the and the .

I just finished a disaster awareness/response (CERT) training at work yesterday. The Homeland Security guy leading the class told us that the underwear bomber and the shoe bomber had bombs that Homeland Security was able to recreate and set off. It was just a matter of "luck" that the wackos in the cases above weren't able to inflict the carnage they desried...such as the underwear bomber wearing his bomb for a few days to get used to it...but by wearing it his perspiration and body oils caused the ingredients in the bomb to not ignite as they should have and he just set himself on fire.

Nice try, my left-leaning friend, but when the bovine fertilizer hits the fan in this country, it will have radical Islam written all over it, not some "right winger".

Just because the jihadists haven't managed to get things right and have misfired on at least 3 occasions doesn't mean they don't pose the greater threat. It's stupid to try and even argue that they don't. I imagine if we had access to the "DATA", we'd find that the estimated death toll on all the jihadi planned attacks that have been stopped would put our local boys to shame. They probably wouldn't even make the "JV team". Probably the best they could do is the "wannabe team".

I still remember the hysterical media all worked up back in the '90s over the guys running around in the woods of Michigan --- the "Michigan militia" and any of the other similar groups across the country. Much ado about nothing.

Gee...and it's not even a slow news day. :wall:
I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby KeithE » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:02 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:45 pm

Sandy

Postby ET » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:38 am

ET

Postby KeithE » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:03 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby ET » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:09 pm

ET

Postby KeithE » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:15 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:28 pm

Sandy

Postby William Thornton » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:59 pm

I'll translate: ET has data...Sandy don't.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:22 pm

Sandy

Postby KeithE » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:33 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby William Thornton » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:20 am

This topic is now officially in the conspiracy fringe toilet...better move along.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:37 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:19 am

Have you noticed there have been 8 black churches burnt in the South since the Charleston 8. Two called arson (so far)- that is terrorism! Some may be lightning caused.

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:14 am

The arsons may or may not be terrorism. And they may or may not be hate crimes. (Using both terms in their legal senses.) I do rather wonder, though, how law enforcement (sheriffs or whatever, or the FBI for that matter) can make statements denying the possibility when they don't even have a suspect.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby ET » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:19 pm

ET

Postby ET » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:29 pm

ET

Postby KeithE » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:56 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues