INTERESTING COMMENT FROM UAE NATIONAL...

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

INTERESTING COMMENT FROM UAE NATIONAL...

Postby Jon Estes » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:14 am

The man who leads our Tuesday night Bible Study shared with us an interesting comment one of his co-workers made earlier that day.

Background --- As in may places co-workers discuss many different topics. Often, here in the Middle East, when the topic is political, the subject of Israel comes up. Though I have no idea, nor did this man share what they have previously talked about concerning Israel but on this day the topic of Iran was the subject. The 2 comments made during the discussion which caught this man by surprise were... (1)"We are now more afraid of Iran than we are of Israel." (2)"We stand in complete opposition to the stopping the sanctions on Iran."

We did not discuss it much last night but I did take away these few thoughts...

1 - I did not know there was a fear of Israel from her enemies.
2 - I am glad our friends here see the importance of the sanctions.
3 - If those here wish the sanctions continue, shouldn't the USA be listening to those who have the most to lose?

SIDE NOTE:

Now with the news that Russia is giving Iran weapons, shouldn't there be an even greater concern and understanding is the danger of - the evil of - threat of Iran towards anyone who opposes their agenda?
Living in Dubai for that which I was purposed
Jon Estes

Re: INTERESTING COMMENT FROM UAE NATIONAL...

Postby Dave Roberts » Thu May 14, 2015 7:42 am

That's a strong reminder of how divided Islam is in the Middle East. Iran is Shiite, much of the Arabian Peninsula is Sunni or Wahabi, and the fears of these groups toward each other is vast. I'm no expert, but it looks like the divisions of the 600's are still dominating politics in that part of the world. Israel is the most vocally identified target, but the real target seems dominance of the other Islamic groups over one another.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues