[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - News Sources

News Sources

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Re: News Sources

Postby KeithE » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:51 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Haruo » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:40 pm

Tons of Smartcars hereabouts, and I pass a Tesla dealership on my commute.
Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:24 am

Ed Pettibone

Postby Haruo » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:00 am

Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross

Haruo
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:18 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby KeithE » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:00 pm

Tesla’s MSRP is $105,670.

And its range per charge is 244 miles. So comparing to a 30MPG car, 244 miles is about 8 gallons costing about $16.

Thus it would take about 6604 charges or about 6604 days with 1 charge a day (not sure of the time to charge but it is probably more than our Plug-in Electric car’s time to charge of 7 hours). That would require a 18 year payback even if electricity were free. More than I’m willing to pay for the luxury and/or status. I’ll do my part of saving the earth via cheaper means.
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:47 pm

Ed Pettibone

Postby KeithE » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:56 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Ed Pettibone » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:01 pm

Ed: Keith I am not sure what happened to the link but here it is again http://www.autoguide.com/new-cars/tesla/
Ed Pettibone

Postby David Flick » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:57 am

. . . .
David Flick
Site Admin

Postby ET » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:31 am

I think you can pretty much write this one off due to "brand". I mean, come on? Did they really think a news service that is associated with terrorist propaganda on the other side of the world would have any significant credibility here? The only time I ever saw it on a TV was at an apartment next door to one I was visiting. The Middle-eastern folks had the door opened and tuned to Al Jazeera. I thought, "That figures." I found it rather amusing because it fit a stereotype, but for all I know they were checking the weather back home or before a trip - or maybe somebody blew something up over there and they wanted to know how it affected family or something.

Algore's Current TV died. Now Al Jazeera is dead. I wish Rush would buy the assets just to entertain the "right wing" crowd with the fits the lefties would have over "RushTV". It would be sorta like those videos of people with laser pointers toying with their cats.
I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby Sandy » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:27 am

Rush tried TV once. Didn't work. Not sure what the problem was, but he couldn't sustain the ratings he needed to pay for it.

Cable/satellite news outlets are a niche market, which is basically a relatively small group of people tuned in at any given time. The networks that stay around usually have connections to a larger, entertainment network so they can survive on the reduced advertising revenue generated by a small audience. Independent networks have a harder time doing that, so they come and go, unless they have a financial backer who doesn't care about losing money to keep them on.
Sandy

Postby KeithE » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:20 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:28 pm

Sandy

Postby KeithE » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:50 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby ET » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:35 am

ET

Postby KeithE » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:22 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Sandy » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:40 pm

Sandy

Postby Neil Heath » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:38 pm

Well said, Sandy. I first heard Rush while driving many years ago. I first thought I had found another fundy preacher, but as I listened longer I thought he was a comic like Colbert, pretending to hold outlandish positions. When I later learned he was serious, I found it incredible that people agreed with him or even listened to such tripe.
Neil Heath
Neil Heath
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:49 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby ET » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:08 am

ET

Previous

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues