Cruz and Sessions set to stymie Obama on Immigration

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

Cruz and Sessions set to stymie Obama on Immigration

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:44 pm

Ted Cruz is a product of Ed Young's 2nd Houston Christian Academy; and Sessions flies in the face of his United Methodist well know acquaitnace, Will Willimon who is on record comparing Bama's immigration law to the Fugitive Slave Act. Sessions also flies in the face of the legacy of Judge Frank Johnson and his view of the constitution as a "living, breathing" document.

Stay tuned on this matter which has enormous implcations for Trey Gowdy and James Lankford; the future of Southern Baptist mission work in Central and South America and the legacy of Billy Graham
"I'm the only sane {person} in here." Doyle Hargraves, Slingblade
"Midget, Broom; Helluva campaign". Political consultant, "Oh, Brother..."

http://www.foxofbama.blogspot.com or google asfoxseesit
Stephen Fox

Re: Cruz and Sessions set to stymie Obama on Immigration

Postby Sandy » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:14 pm

The future of Southern Baptist mission work in Central and South America? The legacy of Billy Graham?

:?

This one's pretty far fetched, Stephen, and it lacks an explanation, though I'm reluctant to ask for one, because I think I have an idea where you might be going with this.
Sandy

Allison and Robert

Postby Stephen Fox » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:03 pm

Sandy, I talked to Robert in Trey Gowdy's DC office this morning and Allison in James Lankford, Now Senator Elect office. I think they get the picture, hear my heart on this matter. I've also gotten word to Gov Bentley's office here in Bama. He teaches Sunday School at FBC Tuscaloosa. one of my neighbors has a cousin in his class.

Bottom line is from my reading of the New Testament, the Civil Rights era in America, Miguel de la torre, and Bishop Willimon's tenure as UMC Bishop in North Alabama, I can see no reason why students of strong character and scholarship after six years in Collinsville High school--my mother's alma mater; salutatorians, beauty queens and Presidents of the HS History Club, can't be given citizenship with their High School diploma.

Trey Gowdy told me August 2013 he was gonna reach out to the faith community on the matter. His staffer Robert this morning, a Clemson grad, said he he had reached across town in Spartanburg to Wofford Trustee, one of the finalists for Presidency of Wofford; if Gowdy had contzed Willimon he was unaware of it.

So much for the witness of Billy Graham and the staff at FBC Spartanburg

To be continued of course.

With more on Ed Young's connections to Ted Cruz

Stephen Fox

Postby Sandy » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:09 pm

:lol:

I see that you are trying to connect a political position on immigration reform from Ted Cruz to Trey Gowdy, and then via him and his church membership to FBC Spartanburg and Billy Graham. Have you abandoned your principles, and your defense of progressive, moderate, historic Baptist principles? No Baptist speaks for any other Baptist. It's demagoguery to attempt to make the kind of connections, through four different people, to keep slamming Billy Graham. You'll stand alone in that, Stephen. You've got a point when it comes to the draconian, un-American perspective of immigration reform that comes from the likes of Ted Cruz. Many of his fellow Republicans see what a disaster following that policy would be heading into the 2016 election season. But you shoot your credibility all to smithereens when you try to turn the corner and use this as a way of a scatter shot blast at all your percieved enemies.

How did you manage to resist the temptation not to mention Molly Worthen? :lol:
Sandy

Sandy's ignorance

Postby Stephen Fox » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:44 pm

He has obviously not been reading the literature, keeping up with the anti immigation network like I have.

Stephen Fox

Refuge

Postby Stephen Fox » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:20 pm

Stephen Fox

Postby Sandy » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:30 pm

I see no literature, in anything you've posted, that connects FBC Spartanburg, or Billy Graham, to a political position on immigration. Cruz and Sessions may appeal to Trey Gowdy for support, and he may support them, but that has nothing to do with either his church, nor with any of its other members. They can all certainly speak for themselves, though I doubt anyone will determine that they speak for the entire FBC Spartanburg, whether they agree with Cruz, Sessions, Gowdy, Billy, or even Molly Worthen, or not.
Sandy

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues