[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - What would it take Free Marketeers to Spread the Wealth

What would it take Free Marketeers to Spread the Wealth

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

What would it take Free Marketeers to Spread the Wealth

Postby KeithE » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:53 pm

Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: What would it take Free Marketeers to Spread the Wealth

Postby ET » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:08 pm

I'm Ed Thompson, and I approve this message.
ET

Postby ET » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:11 pm

ET

Postby Sandy » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:09 am

Africa is what it is today because of European "free enterprise" colonialism, and the exploitation of its resources. As long as African countries, and the Middle East too, for that matter, are poor, and desperate, they are willing to sell their natural resources cheaply, and they are willing to ravage the environment in order to get them. The corruption is caused by power struggles to gain control of the resources in order to be in position to exploit them. A lot of the corporate wealth in the "free market" world, including the US, is achieved this way.
Sandy

Postby KeithE » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:31 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby ET » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:50 am

Last edited by ET on Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ET

Postby KeithE » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:14 am

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby ET » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:16 pm

Well, I'm sorry you feel misrepresented.

In 1, I only quoted the one part of your quote I was addressing. I don't like quoting the entirety of previous statements in order to help keep the size of my post down, which often are probably much longer than most people care to read. The key issue is to show that your contention that "free marketeers" are for government giving handouts to business. That is not the case and I've posted proof of that in numerous threads.

In 2, the origins of this article were about what part of "the world's wealth" was possessed by one segment of the world's population. I pointed out that almost ALL Americans - rich or poor - possess huge amounts of wealth compared to many others in the world. The premise of your original post had more to do with the one percenters of THE WORLD. You asked what we "free marketeers" would do about it. I, in turn, asked what you propose we middle-class Americans - being in the top 10 or 20% of "the world's wealth" - should have to give up to "the world" and have handed over to them. Shuffling money around within the U.S. doesn't do much for "the world".

As for the other post, I deleted it. Not sure why I got off track on that one unless it was because I was juggling multiple responses. I'll eat crow on that one....sorry. :oops:

May have to try for golf in the spring. Not sure time or temp will allow for it before then.
ET

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues