[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
BaptistLife.Com Forums. • View topic - what would it take to make GW alarmists have reservations?

what would it take to make GW alarmists have reservations?

The place to discuss politics and policy issues that are not directly related to matters of faith.

Moderator: Jon Estes

what would it take to make GW alarmists have reservations?

Postby William Thornton » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:28 am

Keith, how many more years of years the same recent temperature trends would you require to have some GW reservations?
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

What Would it Take to Shut Up GW Alarmists?

Postby KeithE » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:15 pm

I paraphrased a reasonable question from William on an unrelated Topic and included his question in the post above.
Informed by Data.
Driven by the SPIRIT and JESUS’s Example.
Promoting the Kingdom of GOD on Earth.
KeithE
Site Admin

Re: What Would it Take to Shut Up GW Alarmists?

Postby Dave Roberts » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:44 pm

A reasonable response from GW deniers.
"God will never be less than He is and does not need to be more" (John Koessler)

My blog: http://emporiadave.wordpress.com/
Dave Roberts
Site Admin

Postby KeithE » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:32 pm

To answer William's question (assuming you mean surface air temperatures) I’d say never. If the relatively flat trend over the last 11 years (David has it as 18 years, 1 month based of one selected dataset) were to continue at the elevated level it is right now (nearly 1.5F over pre-industrial years), the harm we are causing to earth’s habitat would continue to sink in for centuries with increasing extreme weather.

To answer my question, about shutting me (and concerned climate scientists) up, I’ll give 3 criteria that would indicate to me that we do not have to fret over global warming anymore.

1) The surface air temperature reduce down to a temp anomaly of 0.0 or less (relative to the base period 1951-1980), only then can the climate extremes (hat waves, hurricane/typhoons, severe thunderstorms/flooding, drought, wildfires) be minimized to natural levels.

2) The ocean heat content anomaly reduce down to at least 2 x10 22 power Joules.

Then the ocean food chain and acidification would no longer be harmed. And the sea level would stop increasing.

3) The global cryosphere (glaciers, ice) stop melting also contributing to sea level rise and ending water supplies to many areas of the world.

That is my candid assessment of the state of the world that would shut this alarmist up. It considers all three “spheres” that have been influenced by ghgs (air, ocean, cryosphere). We have a long way to go.

It is not as simple as just having the surface air temp staying at it’s current trend (as you might be thinking William).
Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Postby Tim Bonney » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:06 pm

Admirable job of trying to get the argument going again William. :D Keith is right. He is just almost the only one here with the stamina to continue to argue what is settled science. I'm afraid that he'll never convince the naysayers until the signs are so obvious that no one can deny it.
Tim Bonney

First UMC of Indianola, Iowa - http://indfumc.org
Tim Bonney
Site Admin

Re: what would it take to make GW alarmists have reservation

Postby William Thornton » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:44 pm

"Shut up" sounds a bit aggressive...so I edited the title.
My stray thoughts on SBC stuff may be found at my blog,
William Thornton
Site Admin

Re: what would it take to make GW alarmists have reservation

Postby KeithE » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:15 pm

Informed by Data.
KeithE
Site Admin

Return to Politics and Public Policy Issues